Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Harro will be lucky to get chosen for QLD this year with the form that Dallas Johnson is showing up at the Cowboys. They both play very similar roles. QLD selectors see their value and we win year in and year out but NSW and Australian selectors don't see the value in the hard working backrower. Their loss. That said, I don't think you would want two in the one team.
    Dallas has been one of the best signings of any club this year. Maybe the best. And they are similar in mayb respects.

Both give their hearts and souls and can take any amount of damage and keep aiming up on no fuel.

But maybe Ash will get it as the incumbant, Dallas did go to the Euro Super League. He deserves it, gee I want to see Harrison in green and gold!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Dallas has been one of the best signings of any club this year. Maybe the best. And they are similar in mayb respects.

Both give their hearts and souls and can take any amount of damage and keep aiming up on no fuel.

But maybe Ash will get it as the incumbant, Dallas did go to the Euro Super League. He deserves it, gee I want to see Harrison in green and gold!

Hard to split the two but I think the form club team might persuade the selection.

I think this game should be played in Perth ... we go over early and they have to wait until after the test. Having the game in town is an advantage for them.

As for our team, we'll certainly miss Friend but not so much with Campbell back at 1. In honesty, I wouldn't be heartbroken if Minichiello can't back up - we won't miss his error rate - I know I sound like a pounder after the good games he's put in this year but it looks like he's recaptured his old form.

1. Campbell
    2. Mead
    3. Tomane
    4. Tonga
    5. Michaels
    6. Zilman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. Henderson
    11. Thompson
    12. Bird
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. White
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Ridge

I read (Danny Weidler) that Laffranchi is peeved with Searle and wants out - any truth?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Carty looks at options to replace Friend
    Luke Turgeon | May 2nd, 2011

ROOKIE hooker Kayne Lawton is shaping as a genuine contender to replace Nathan Friend on Sunday against the New Zealand Warriors.

Headgear-wearing workhorse Friend will undergo clean-up surgery on his left shoulder -- following a reconstruction in the off-season -- this week and is now staring at a month on the sidelines.

Titans coach John Cartwright was at Piggabeen yesterday to watch feeder club Tweed Heads casting an eye over his options which include former Titans under-20s star Lawton.

While Burleigh Bears utility Riley Brown slotted in for Friend during the first four games this season, which he also missed due to the shoulder injury, it is understood Cartwright is considering rewarding Lawton with an opportunity for his dedication at training and good form in the Queensland Cup.

It would also be a good opportunity to survey his options with Friend leaving the club to join the Warriors at season's end.

Lawton played the full 80 minutes yesterday in the Seagulls win over Easts, the first 20 at pivot before switching to hooker.

Tweed Heads coach Ben Anderson backed Lawton, who has played just two NRL games, to step up.

"He is a talented kid Kayno," Anderson said. "He is still learning his game and been thrown between six and nine a bit but he has definitely got great pace and can do some dangerous things out there."

Not only does the loss of Friend mean he will miss the much anticipated showdown with is future club, it threatens to be a destabilising blow for the Gold Coast, who only just started showing glimpses of their 2010 form with a gutsy 24-13 victory over the Sydney Roosters at Skilled Park on Saturday.

The halfback, hooker, fullback and five-eighth combination has been the biggest selection headache for Cartwright this season due to injury and suspension.

The return of veteran Preston Campbell from a knee injury against the Roosters, gave the Titans their most polished playmaking performance of the year.

"He just makes me settled," Titans skipper Scott Prince said.

Two-try hero William Zillman enjoyed his best game at five-eighth since being shifted from fullback in Round 6. Zillman has now scored five tries in three games at pivot and said he was starting to feel more comfortable in the role, which has proved a problem for the Titans since dual international Mat Rogers retired last season.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Preston is not our hooker, end of story.

He is getting on in years now, and wouldn't last 20 mins trying to do what Friendy does every week for 80 mins.

Why do people still want to swap everyone around? Presto at FB.

The issue now is hooker, and let's face it, at some stage the question needs to be addressed for the departure of Friendy. Like with the 5/8 issue, find someone who can play their for the future, not just to fill a gap for a few games.

Sounds like Lawnton ticks a few boxes, especially in case of future play-maker holes due to injury. And he's young. Im sure Carty knows more about the best option than most of us on here.

Anyway, as far as the game against the Warriors, sounds like they are having much bigger team selection issues than us, so I have a lot of faith that we can continue to last the full 80mins and add another 2 points to our slowly growing tally.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 02-05-11 at 09:50 AM.

Spot on Whiz , Presto is playing the position he was born to play & while he's playing like he did on Friday night no one should be even be considered as a replacement , if Presto is happy playing 80 minutes at the back then leave him be

Lawton is being coached well under Anderson , who was an assistant coach at the the Storm & Kangaroos teams & if he believes he's ready he defiantly has the qualifications to say so.

Lawton should be our 1st choice replacement he's older & hopefully wiser than Srama , he's certainly better coached so I say put him in & let's see how he goes against the Monsters that will be running at him on Sunday
    On the plus side he will have a much better kicking game than Friendy..
    #itaintweaktospeak

It's Lawtons time. The door is open, and this is the chance he has been after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

You are right Coaster and Pete. You've sold me. Bring in Lawton, he won't let us down.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

anyone but brown again i think everyone would agree

A few Titans players have been celebrating milestones in the past few weeks. Preston 250-NRL games, Bull-200 NRL games, Friendy-100 games in Titans colours.

I just wanted to share another small milestone that I am very proud of. Its hard to believe but, Blade will be celebrating his 50th NRL outing on the sidelines for the Titans on Sunday afternoon against the Warriors.

See you all on Sunday.

Junior

Check out the replay of the Seagulls game from yesterday.. Walker will play his way into the team pretty soon with more performances like that. Lawton looks good, has some good pace and good ball playing abilities, he should slot in well for friendy. I hope Walker does get his chance soon otherwise Im afraid he will be tearing us up next year.

Congratulations on 50 NRL games Blade. Seriously an important milestone in my book. Love your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Check out the replay of the Seagulls game from yesterday.. Walker will play his way into the team pretty soon with more performances like that. Lawton looks good, has some good pace and good ball playing abilities, he should slot in well for friendy. I hope Walker does get his chance soon otherwise Im afraid he will be tearing us up next year.
    I'm on the band wagon with Nick. He'd be perfect to bring in, take over from Preston at fullback. Grit up front, speed to sizzle up back. Zillman is our 6 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    It's Lawtons time. The door is open, and this is the chance he has been after.
    I agree..I saw this kid training with the Titans two years back, in there groups...he looked a lot sharper with more ball skill then Friend.
    I've never seen him defend but I've been waiting to see him get a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yeah I know, my mate was at the game and said Shannon just carved once again. Shannon has been doing this stuff forever but what has changed is his mistake rate, it has come down and he is looking great.

Cant wait for him to tear up the NRL behind a team that is in form.