Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

The biggest issue facing us in this game is the impact that will be had on players backing up either from the test or the joke of a game that is City / Country. Year after year we have guys run around in City / Country even though they are no hope fo getting selected for the big dance.
    eg Mini, Presto (who missed a month off the back of one of these games), Delaney (how bad must NSW have been that year ).

Minichello and Bird will both be picked for city. Outside of them I suppose the only other real headache we have is Ryan James. He was excellent last night and the last thing we need with Friend out this week is for him to go and play in a rep game with only about 10 first grade games under his belt.

So we have Mini, Bird and possibly James backing up and Friend out. We need a whole host of them selected or we are in big trouble!!

I reckon chuck srama in there, get him ready for next year as I think he is our most likely replacement and riley brown has shown he does not have the class for the nrl.

Riley Brown played well enough against Canberra.

We should worry about next year, next year - just pick the best we've got.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only Mini has made either the City or Country side from the Titans.

For what it is worth...I would have Preston at hooker and Walker in the side somewhere.

1. Mead
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    4. Thompson
    5. Tomane
    6. Zillman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. Henderson
    11. Bird
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. O'Dwyer
    16. White
    17. Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    1. Mead
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    4. Thompson
    5. Tomane
    6. Zillman
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Brown
    10. Henderson
    11. Bird
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. James
    15. O'Dwyer
    16. White
    17. Campbell
    campbell at hooker mead at fullback tomane at wing and taga on the bench

QLD Cup Titan

Brown is no Friend (lets face it they are big shoes to fill) but he did the job for us whilst Friendy was out and I would assume he will be back in for that reason. Campbell to stay at full back - him and Prince def play well together and he well in his comeback from injury last night.
    NZ team announced - 5 warriors named.
    Last edited by Mushi; 01-05-11 at 06:13 PM. Reason: nz team addition

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe only Mini has made either the City or Country side from the Titans.
    You are correct. It does say that Greg Bird was ruled out - injury??? - anyone know?? Goodluck Mini - but also good to see our boys will be not backing up from Fri to sunday!

I wouldn't want to move Presto to the 9 considering how well he played in the 1, but like others have said I would expect Carty to slot Brown back into the 9 with Friendy injured

Keep Preston at fullback and bring Brown in at hooker.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Presto influence at the back is great, his running lines were dangerous and communication in the line really helped Prince out. Unfortunate timing of Friends injury and Minis rep duty, as I can see this current squad really improving over the next few weeks.

Preston will not play 9 the man can't be expected to make 40 tackles leave him at 1 , Lawton has been playing hooker for the undefeated Seagulls & scored a try today along with Walker who scored a double , there are a couple of players that could make the team....

Matt White may cop a suspension from the club to go with his fine , I hope he doesn't he's been playing pretty good & we will need all the Big Boys for the Warriors clash.

Bird is out because he wouldn't pass a fitness test for the City game but he'll play Sunday & he doesn't need to trial for SOO.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Keep Preston at fullback and bring Brown in at hooker.
    I would keep Presto at the back aswell. The back 3 are perfect and will start to see alot more space as the teams form grows.

Banned

walker,tomane,tagatese in maybe? or is that a stretch