Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Run from dummy half and don't try to break the line six times will 'stop errors' but your not going to win the game playing like that.

If you watched the Dragons today...you would see a winger receive a kick from the Cowboys trying to gain ground...he didn't just run straight into the defense to 'stop an error'...he give a long ball to his fullback, who in turn give another long ball to the winger on the other side...Cowboys defense had to readjust to the right allowing the Dragons to penetrate on the other side.

Two long passes on the zero tackle eased the pressure for the whole set.
    if you think error, then error will come.
    If you think attack, you force the opposition into error!
    Im with you, kind of

Moral of story - stop making errors ?

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Im with you, kind of

Moral of story - stop making errors ?
    Yeah, we do...but how Carty thinks he can win games is going to put pressure on the players or help them to show their skill.
    Preston isn't safe at the back and Zillman is...swapping them will help.

Yeah, we do...but how Carty thinks he can win games is going to put pressure on the players or help them to show their skill.
    Preston isn't safe at the back and Zillman is...swapping them will help.
    He is in a tough spot now, tough decisions ahead.

That was terrible, not only was our performance riddled with errors but all the bounces and luck seemed to bounce into the hands of the Warriors.

Well done to the great David Mead on a hattrick!

Unfortunately I also remember when he did that against the Roosters in 2010 and we still lost.

But he is deadly.

Preston looked to have had an uncharacteristic bad game.

Warriors looked fired up and buzzing, also from the Anzac Test and the massive Kiwi support.

I'm gonna watch the replay, yea Im ready for it.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

But well done to the entire Titans team coming over and shaking hands.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

He is in a tough spot now, tough decisions ahead.
    Yeah...I think his past decisions in the back line has brought him to this point...he needs to face up to some errors himself.

Today was really, really bad - and again we copped the rough end of the pineapple with some genuine ineptitude in the refereeing ranks.

Preston was terrible. We have Manly next who are very well coached by Hasler and have 4 genuine kicking options on the fifth - Cherry-Evans, Foran, Ballin, Lyon. They will all have a crack at bombing Mead and Campbell and there is absolutely no reason to be confident that they will be able to defuse and of them.

Sunday-Mail says Presto wants another year. Say it ain't so Searley - don't let a genuine superstar ruin his career by playing one season too many.

At 22-14 it was game on but we were beaten when the Warriors came back to the middle after Mead fell off a tackle and there was no second effort from the inside men. It is on those sort of playes that we miss the mental toughness and attention to detail that Bailey / Friend / Laffranchi bring us.

Prince's short kicking game was very good today but a kick is only as good as its chase. The kick that he put in before they ran the length from the tap restart was a screamer but there was not one person putting in the hard yards enough to force a restart. That was the second time it happened in that half.

We are now 3-6. People are going to say that our season is over and if we continue to dish up performances like those over the first 9 weeks it well and truly is, but the finals are not beyond our reach. We need to win 6 of our next 9 games which will have us 9-9 after 20 rounds (2 byes) and 22 points needing 4 wins from our last 6 to make the finals. It can be done.

Seriously though, if we do fall to 4-10 or 5-12 or somesuch it will be very interesting to see the way Carty approaches it. If we begin to play for nothing but pride will he experiment with the team and see what people can do when given a real chance or will he simply plug away. My old man reckons it's time to give others a chance now. That is the real debate for today, unfortunately I think most of us know what the answer will be when the team is named on Tuesday...

Yeah...I think his past decisions in the back line has brought him to this point...he needs to face up to some errors himself.
    The wing and centres arnt his problem, the other spots are the tough calls

I watched a bunch of kids play for the Donkeys with pride, and defended like Demons. It's not the players skill I am concerned about, it is there effort and desire
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I really hope Presto retires at the end of this year. I'm already starting to think he's playing one season too many. The mind is willing, body not so much perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I watched a bunch of kids play for the Donkeys with pride, and defended like Demons. It's not the players skill I am concerned about, it is there effort and desire
    Effort and desire was there today. Dont know why that is being questioned. Warrior offloads and ruck dominance coupled with errors caused what we saw.

Karnage - winning 6 of next 9? 6 of remainder is going to be tough enough

Effort and desire was there today. Dont know why that is being questioned.
    have to disagree. We lacked effort in key areas, our chase on kicks and ability to wrap up the ball, and our inside men blocking offloads, protection of catchers
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    have to disagree. We lacked effort in key areas, our chase on kicks and ability to wrap up the ball, and our inside men blocking offloads, protection of catchers
    Fair enough, from what I saw the team was trying hard and it was written in disappointment over their faces at full time.

Fair enough, from what I saw the team was trying hard and it was written in disappointment over their faces at full time.
    They tried hard, but they need to learn to do the things above like Friend Boof and Bailey do. These are the hard things, the things that go unnoticed.

Titans thumped by Warriors 34-14

GOLD Coast Titans have been thumped by the Warriors 34-14 after a they failed to handle a bombing onslaught in the first half.

Three of the Warriors first-half tries came from bombs.

The good news for the Titans was three tries to David Mead who scorched the Skilled Park turf.

WARRIORS 34 (J Maloney 2 L Brown S Mannering E Taylor M Vatuvei tries J Maloney 5 goals) bt GOLD COAST 14 (D Moore 3 tries S Prince goal) at Skilled Park. Referee: Jared Maxwell, Jason Robinson. Crowd: 17,285.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/