Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    Suck sh!t you incompetent morons in pink.
    totally agree we need a whinging thread because the refereeing against us is disgusting, i would be sacked if i did my job that badly....

Banned

this is also what i meant by good sides win even if the refs are rubbish and we did win so thats something to take pride in

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    ok see what i mean when i say our backs are fine with mead getting his try we just need to have good attacking plays and we'll get the tries, i still think tomane wing,mead centre, campbell fullback and walker/tagatese on the bench. zillman has 6 tries this year
    Translation- the backs are fine as they are. This is how we should change them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Translation- the backs are fine as they are. This is how we should change them.
    ahh i was referring to the bigger picture regarding next years team being completely different in the backline buying idris,boyd and champion and maybe more

Titans played well tonight.

They are defending really well and starting to get confident in attack. This team will get on a roll and imo be hard to beat.

Default Luck turns around for the Titans

Laine Clark AAP Sat, Apr 30, 2011 - 7:30 PM

The last time the Gold Coast Titans met the Sydney Roosters, they were playing for an NRL grand final berth.

At Skilled Park on Saturday, both sides were simply hoping to revive their season.

They may still face a long journey back to their best but the Titans took a positive first step with a 24-13 win in front of 15,177 fans.

Meeting the Roosters for the first time since they were thumped 32-6 in last year's preliminary final, the Titans relegated the tri-colours to their fourth straight loss.

The Titans turned their luck around to run out four tries to two winners, with Gold Coast pivot William Zillman grabbing a double.

At first, the Titans did not seem able to take a trick.

Winger David Mead dropped the ball with the line open in the 25th minute and young prop Ryan James was denied a try twice in as many minutes from the 32nd.

Then a try-bound Preston Campbell - back from a month-long sideline stint with a knee injury - was called back in the 57th minute due to a dubious knock-on call.

And they endured some anxious moments after Mead cut the Roosters up the middle to cross in the 73rd minute, but video referee Chris Ward deemed Campbell had not knocked on in the lead-up after a Scott Prince pass went to ground.

They were also their own worst enemies, giving away penalties on numerous occasions while in possession.

But at least Titans coach John Cartwright could afford to smile at fulltime as the Gold Coast moved to a 3-5 record.

After scores were locked up 6-6 at the break, Zillman showed amazing acceleration to cross in the 42nd minute and help give the hosts a 12-6 advantage.

But Titans fans' joy was shortlived as the Roosters turned it around following a shuddering Lama Tasi hit on Gold Coast backrower Greg Bird in the 50th minute.

Tasi - only in the side after a reshuffled caused by the withdrawal of Jason Ryles (hamstring) - smashed Bird who was then penalised for playing the ball over themark.

Three minutes later, halfback Mitchell Pearce sent Frank-Paul Nuuasusala over to score and Braith Anasta's conversion made it 12-12.

Pearce gave the visitors the edge with a 67th minute field goal before Mead struck.

Zillman capped the win when he pounced on a Tinirau Arona spilt ball and raced 30m to score untouched.

The Roosters' Test aspirant Nate Myles was placed on report for a 30th minute lifting tackle on Titans backrower Bird.

Just wanna say wow at the refereeing

NRL refs are terrible, lots of mistakes happen every week, my favorite is when forward passes from dummy halve get missed every game then then refs decide it's a big issue late in the game.

The team has a long way to go before being considered final contenders, yes it was decent improvement but still a long way to go.

Zillman had a great game, i think he has sealed the number 6 jumper

Preston Campbell played a solid game i was impressed considering he just got back from injury.

Prince had a shocker, how long until he comes good ?
    Im just sick of bad and basic passes and him finding any possible way to find the back three on the full from his kicks, what about his bomb that Mini did not need to move to catch?
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 30-04-11 at 10:16 PM.

'Luck turns'.............ya gotta be kiddin' me.......Worst refereeing I have seen since Adam was a boy..........and for those who have no idea what I am talking about...that is a life time plus some.

There's a lot of focus on our stuttering attack on here but Rugby League is played on both sides of the ball. Our defensive structures are looking really good and we are competing right across the park.

Poor old Prince can't take a trick on here. He's been smashed for poor defence, poor kicking and poor organisation. I thought he was passable in all those areas tonight - particularly his long kicking. He's just a victim of people's high expectations.

I gotta say that I really enjoyed the game tonight and the positives FAR outweigh any negatives people want to throw up.

The bit that hurts me the most is the fact that we would be on the cusp of the 8 right now if we hadn't given up our lead against the Eels last week.

Warriors Sunday followed by Manly on Monday followed by the bye. We win our next two and we are in it up to our eyeballs!!

One thing I agree with EVERYONE on is the refs!!

WTF!!!!

Zilly is truly on his way to becoming the coveted TP

Bill Harrigan needs to be removed from his role as Referees coach. I agree with those who this was one of the worse refereeing displays in a long time.
    Well done Titans for hanging in and coming back to win the game.

A very special NO THANKS to the refs.

One observation that we made walking home is that Carty must have said to Bird 'hold on to the f*&%ing ball tonight mate'. Because he hardly looked to offload once.

I posted in this thread at the 26th minute mark "we are pathetic" and we were bloody aweful.

I am stoked with the win and I agree our defence was great. And yes, the referees' displays were nightmarish. However, I don't retract that previous post.

Every one of us who post here have had something to say about the fundamental issues of ill-discipline and I'm sure the coaching staff and players are aware of them too. Yet, to say we are satisfied with that is a bit much. Being beaten by a better team is ok but beating ourselves is pretty hard to accept from professionals.

For the first time in ages I can accept leaving the team as it is, maybe Tomane for O'Dwyer or Laffranchi for Henderson or White but please, please, please ... cut out the goddamn pathetic ridiculous unforced errors!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.