Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Roosters are scum

Is the decision for Presto to play off the bench his decision or Carty's decision? I'm not too sure this 'super-sub' thing is working out, might be more beneficial to just have Presto play the full 80 minutes

I'm fairly sure Presto is worried about his body lasting the season if he plays 80 min every match.

The inclusion of Shannon Walker is one that could prove interesting. I'm starting to think Carty just needs to bite the bullet and throw Tomane and Walker in. With this in mind let's try this line-up.

Walker
    Tomane
    Mead
    Tonga
    Michaels
    Zillman
    Prince
    Bailey
    Friend
    Henderson
    Thompson
    Bird
    Harrison

White
    James
    Minichiello
    Campbell/O'Dwyer/Tagataese.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I'm fairly sure Presto is worried about his body lasting the season if he plays 80 min every match.

The inclusion of Shannon Walker is one that could prove interesting. I'm starting to think Carty just needs to bite the bullet and throw Tomane and Walker in. With this in mind let's try this line-up.

Walker
    Tomane
    Mead
    Tonga
    Michaels
    Zillman
    Prince
    Bailey
    Friend
    Henderson
    Thompson
    Bird
    Harrison

White
    James
    Minichiello
    Campbell/O'Dwyer/Tagataese.
    i like that side but maybe taga in for mini while keeping preston

i love that side
    i love thompson but i think he was more impressive as a 2nd rower n getting a break. love to see tomane and walker get given a go.

Tomane would come into the centre if he comes in.

Im keen as mustard for Shannon to be given a go.

Dont blink...whoop there he goes

I'd like to see Preston back in the run on squad. Keep Zillman at 5/8, just look for support mate. And bring in Tomane.

Love to see Walker in. But one thing at a time.

I really don't wanna see these players come in later in the year when we are out of contention. But maybe that is the only way we will experiment. Which is sad. Because how will whenever discover our true strengths?

Anyway I don't fear the Roosters, I fear US.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We should beat the Roosters easily but they are a far better side than the Eels & we couldn't put them to sleep ...
    Bench Mini that might help wake him up to the fact u have to put in every week not every 2nd & put Bodene back in the pack..
    #itaintweaktospeak

The good thing for us about the Roosters is they go to sleep during games, especially against opposition they don't respect and I'll bet they don't respect us at the moment. The thing with Walker is he won't have played a match since NRL round 2 with his suspension. I reckon Presto may need to start but I'd hate to see him having to bring the ball back at full tilt all game into Masoe and JWH. But he will because that's Presto. The other thing with Mead and Walker at the back is do they talk enough! You need a player who can yell directions to get the defence on order and to help the halfback out in attack. I think Capewell and Presto and to a lesser extent Zillman give us that but I'm not sure either Mead or Walker do. Anyway, looking forward to see what Carty can do to turn our season around, let's hope big Joe cam get a start.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Just like everyone else, I really hope Tomane gets given a run this week, its a mystery as to why Carty keeps snubbing him

QLD Cup Titan

Interesting to see if any changes are made this week after Carty's "blast". Ill discipline is what has cost us a few times this season - we seem to work on one thing one week ie defence, ball control or attack and forget all the others grrr!!!!! Roosters are also not great in the discipline dept so hopefully our boys have their heads on right and go out and have a blinder - ready for a run of home game wins!!!!

Banned

tomane is top tryscorer in the qld cup so we really ought give him a 2 week trial

If Presto is back, and he's playing off the bench, or being subbed in and out, then keep Zilly at 5/8, and let Presto and Walker share FB. This brings Walker back for a run while giving Presto a break, as well as giving Carty the option of sliding Presto into 5/8, Zilly back to FB if need be.

I understand the frustration with Mini, but if he's hot and cold, then this week he should be hot!
    Home game, he usually shines. If I was gonna give him a "last chance", it would be this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Just like everyone else, I really hope Tomane gets given a run this week, its a mystery as to why Carty keeps snubbing him

I read in the paper he's a bit hot and cold and that his defence is pretty lazy...

I must have misssed something with Mini. I thought he had an allright game. Yeah, he lost the ball twice. The first time he thought he was close enough to put the ball down to score and the second time he heard the call from Capewell. Yeah, he should have ignored him but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

That's my 2 bob's worth..