14. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
    15. Mose Masoe
    16. Jake Friend
    17. Daniel Conn
    18. Tinirau Arona
    19. Phil Graham
    Last edited by Boofhead; 29-04-11 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Team lists added
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Campbell to return for Roosters clash

THE Gold Coast Titans are set to be given a significant boost with Preston Campbell today confirming he expects to be back for their next Skilled Park outing against the Sydney Roosters next weekend.

Hopeful of being on the plane for this weekend's trek to Parramatta, Campbell has ruled out the prospect of an early return from a medial ligament strain, with his focus instead centred on being right to take on last year's grand finalists the Roosters.

The 2001 Dally M Medal winner has missed the Titans' past two matches after injuring his knee mid-way through the second half in their golden-point defeat of the Raiders in Round 4.

''I was hoping to be back this week,'' Indigenous All Star Campbell said today, flanked by teammates at a promotional poster photo shoot highlighting the club's cultural diversity at the Centre of Excellence.

''I'll think I'll leave it an extra week just to be sure and hopefully I'll be back against the Roosters.''

A favourite among fans, Campbell joined 13 of the Titans' top squad as they swapped the Gold Coast colours for those of their a special photo shoot to highlight the club's many cultures.

The special promotional poster will feature Scott Prince (Titans), Greg Bird (Australia), Bodene Thompson (NZ Maori), Clinton Toopi (NZ), Sam Tagataese (Samoa), Esi Tonga (Tonga), David Mead (PNG), Ashley Harrison (Queensland), Luke Bailey (NSW), Mark Minichiello (NSW City), Anthony Laffranchi (NSW Country) and Dom Peyroux (Cook Islands).

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

It’s time for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans to take their revenge!

In the 2010 Finals Series the Sydney Roosters took the Jetstar Titans’ chance to appear in their first ever Grand Final, but now it’s time for the Titans to settle the score. Captain Scott Prince and the rest of the Jetstar Titans team are ready for this one and can’t wait to get in there and rustle the Roosters feathers!

Invite your key clients and staff or just treat yourself to enjoy this blockbuster match in style from the best seats in the house. The Jetstar Titans have a range of casual corporate hospitality options including open air boxes and the Chairman’s Club from just $135 per person. Visit Corporate Hospitality Options today for more information.

Get fired up to see the Titans roast the Roosters! Buy your tickets now to avoid disappointment.

Love your league? Live the Titans!

http://www.titans.com.au

If Campbell plays 5/8 for Titans and Carney out for Roosters...that would be a massive tilt into our favour.

Carney may not even be a Rooster by match time

Likely to be given an 'indefinite suspension' that is expected to include all of season 2011.

Where do we play Campbell when he comes back?

Not many options, maybe bulk him up and put him in the prop rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post

I've been thinking the same thing myself. hard to leave him out, but also hard to fit him in.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carty went and moved Zilly back to fullback and dropped Capewell...

Junior Titan

I would love to see:

1. Zilly
    2. Michaels
    3. Tonga
    4. Tomane
    5. Mead
    6. Bird
    7. Prince
    8. White
    9. Friend
    10. Bailey
    11. Mini
    12. Laffranchi
    13. Harro

14. James
    15. Henderson
    16. Thompson
    17. Presto

With Presto coming on at 5/8 during the game, and Bird shifting into the backrow meaning Mini gets a break, or Laffranchi can push up to the front-row. having Laffranchi covering front-row as well means James could be used in short bursts, where he is most effective.

Default Troubled Carney suspended indefinitely

NRL chief executive David Gallop claims Todd Carney's blatant flouting of promises to get his life back on the straight and narrow proved just how troubled the wayward star's life had become.

The Roosters on Tuesday imposed an indefinite ban on Carney and hooker Anthony Watts, the latter set to face the Roosters board to explain why his contract shouldn't be torn up.

Carney was spared such extreme measures after his late night drinking session with Watts over the weekend. The pair went back on their word to abstain from alcohol as they visited several notorious nightspots until 4am on Sunday.

The night out ended with Watts being charged with assaulting his ex-girlfriend, while Carney was left fighting to save a career which seemed to be blossoming with last year's Dally M winning season.

But the 24-year old has gone off the rails since, with the Roosters giving no timeframe as to his NRL return as they step up medical support for his alcohol-related issues.

Gallop warned Carney after his last indiscretion - when he had avoided a jail term earlier this month in relation to a low-range drink-driving charge - that he was on his last chance, but the NRL boss said now was not the time for the game to abandon him.

"If he'd engaged in anti-social behaviour, if he'd brought himself to the attention of the people that are running these establishments for behaving poorly, then he'd have a target on his back that we wouldn't miss," Gallop said.

"Our own investigations indicate he didn't behave badly in those establishments, but there's a big question mark over what he was doing there, and what his mental state was to find himself there in such a public place.

"This is a guy with a history, a guy who gave some pretty big undertakings to the world a couple of weeks ago and I think it's his reckless disregard for those undertakings that's perhaps the most alarming aspect of where he's at.

"... to go to (Kings) Cross, where he was bound to be seen, to me shows that he is very much a troubled person at the moment, and that makes me sad for him."

Gallop said the NRL and the Roosters would be guided by the advice of medical experts.

Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce was explicit in his explanation that the cases involving Carney and Watts had been treated as separate issues, with Watts due in court on Thursday.

Roosters coach Brian Smith applauded the club's decision to stand by Carney, admitting it had been obvious to all at the club that something was amiss with the wonderfully talented playmaker, who battled injury and poor form over the opening month of the season.

"We've all known that there have been issues for him and he's not been quite the same guy with us this year as what he was when he was at his best during the course of last year," Smith told AAP.

"We've all tried to work with him and understand him but we've reached the point where even Todd realises he needs expert help - he doesn't need a footy coach, he doesn't need a CEO ... he needs professional assistance."

Asked about Carney's current state of mind, Smith said:

"I think he's in a good place - the thing with the type of assistance that Todd needs is that you've got to want it, and he's ready for it."

Watts will now front the Roosters board to answer a breach notice, with Noyce claiming:

"There are five options available to the board from fines, suspension and clearly termination of contract."

Smith admitted Watt's chances of saving his Roosters career appeared slim.

"It just didn't work out with us with Anthony - we couldn't supply him with whatever he needed," Smith said.

"At this point in time I think he's got to show cause and I guess that will be a difficult thing for him to do."

You beauty. The seas are parting! Let's hope the Titans can bring home the points!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post

I'm a lot happier about this game now that the Roosters have more dramas than us.

Play him at 9 and sign him for 10 more years.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Okay, so it's time to look ahead to the Roosters. If we give them as much ball in good field position as we gave the Eels we'll get hammered. If Presto is back I say we start Mead at fullback, Thompson in the centres with Tomane on the wing and Campbell coming off the bench and Zillman at 5/8. After 30 mins or early in the 2nd half bring Campbell on at fullback, shifting Mead to the centres and Thompson to the pack. We also need Carty to drag blokes for I'll-discipline. Bird should've been dragged today and so should've Mini.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!