Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

I sort of agree with you Whiz, certainly about stability and Mead but Zillman is a half converted to a FB and I have wanted him at 6 for ages. It would be a shame if Tomane goes because he can kick goals as well as play right centre.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I sort of agree with you Whiz, certainly about stability and Mead but Zillman is a half converted to a FB and I have wanted him at 6 for ages. It would be a shame if Tomane goes because he can kick goals as well as play right centre.
    Zilly got caught in a tough spot for a long time, when we had Presto and Rogers fit and owning FB and 5/8. I think he spent a fair bit of time keeping the bench warm. And he has shown great promise as a 5/8 when he's had a run. Probably out of all the rotations, his to the dubious 5/8 spot would be one of the most constructive, but Presto should be back soon, so I guess it depends how he's looking for game time/fitness and where Carty wants to slot him???

Parramatta Eels v Gold Coast Titans
    Parramatta Stadium, Sunday 3pm (AEST)

Last meeting: Titans 34-12 at Skilled Park (rd 22, 2010)
    Stats: Head-to-head
    Referees: Ashley Klein, Gerard Sutton
    TV: Delay, Channel 9 (4pm)
    TAB Sportsbet: Eels $2.25, Titans $1.65
    FootyTab: Titans +2.5

Greg Prichard writes: The loss of the suspended Jarryd Hayne is a massive blow to the Eels. It is enough for the bookmakers to have the Titans as favourites here, even though the Eels are playing at home and both teams have win-loss records of 2-4. Luke Burt, switched from the wing, will do a solid job at fullback in place of Hayne, but Hayne is an attacking dynamo when he is on his game. The Eels have found it hard to score points this season even with Hayne in their side. Without him, things could really dry up.

The Titans are barely hanging in there. They opened the season with three straight losses, during which they scored an average of just 12 points per game, and although they have since won two out of three, the jury is still out on whether they will prove to be a significant force this season. They only just managed to force extra time against the Raiders before winning with a field goal, and then they won with a late try in normal time against the Tigers. Still, that form is certainly good enough to put them in with a big chance in this one.

EELS: Luke Burt, Etu Uaisele, Joel Reddy, Jacob Loko, Jordan Atkins, Daniel Mortimer, Jeff Robson, Tim Mannah, Casey McGuire, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathan Hindmarsh (capt), Taniela Lasalo, Justin Horo. Interchange: Billy Rogers, Shane Shackleton, Mitchell Allgood, Carl Webb, Ben Smith (one to be omitted).

TITANS: Luke Capewell, Steve Michaels, Esikeli Tonga, Bodene Thompson, David Mead, William Zillman, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Matthew White, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Michael Henderson, Ryan James, Ben Ridge, Luke O'Dwyer, Sam Tagataese (one to be omitted).

http://www.smh.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm worried about this game. Remember, it is in enemy territory.

If we prance into this game with any thoughts of a cake walk then we will be wearing the cake.

Good defence, arm wrestle for a while then cut loose.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I'm worried about this game. Remember, it is in enemy territory.
    That's how I feel too. When the Hayne-Pain is playing, you know who to watch out for, have an idea of the game plan etc, but now you don't know who is gonna step up and be "the man". Hindy will be looking for a big one too, so that's concerning alone. If you haven't got him in your fantasy football team this weekend, you'll be missing out on some valuable points IMO.

Id rather be playing an Eels side without the Hayne-Pain, but I do wonder what the Titans can expect this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    That's how I feel too. When the Hayne-Pain is playing, you know who to watch out for, have an idea of the game plan etc, but now you don't know who is gonna step up and be "the man". Hindy will be looking for a big one too, so that's concerning alone. If you haven't got him in your fantasy football team this weekend, you'll be missing out on some valuable points IMO.

Id rather be playing an Eels side without the Hayne-Pain, but I do wonder what the Titans can expect this Sunday.
    Titans are not worrying about anything except getting their own game in order. I predict they will thoroughly win every aspect of this game

I think the Eels will be more worried about which Titans side will turn up to play...we need to develop some consistency!

I'm nearly dying here. Waiting for my Gold Coast Titans fix.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I'm nearly dying here. Waiting for my Gold Coast Titans fix.
    The worst part is waiting till 4pm & staying away from Forums & Phones till the nine replay has been watched
    #itaintweaktospeak

... or find a live stream.

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    ... or find a live stream.

*cough*
    Can't watch that on the 60' LED
    #itaintweaktospeak

Mannah 'buzzed' by Bailey encounter

IMPRESSIVE Parramatta prop Tim Mannah says playing against Gold Coast Titans' pack leader Luke Bailey in 'Bull's' 200th game tomorrow is a 'thrill and a buzz'.

"He's in the best form I've seen him in for a long time," Mannah said.

"I've got a lot of respect for Bailey, he's been around since I was a kid ... I remember looking up to him for a long time.

''I still get a bit of a thrill and a buzz when I play against players like him who I looked up to as a kid, and it will be no different when I play this week."

Mannah urged his teammates not to settle for mediocrity as they look to get their NRL season back on track against the Titans.

After an indifferent start to the season that has seen them win just twice in the first six rounds, the Eels have a chance to turn their season around with a victory against a Titans outfit that has also taken time to get going in 2011.

The Eels could drop to last place by the end of the round with a loss, and a Canberra victory over Newcastle, and Mannah insists the time to start turning hard work into results has to come soon.

"As a playing group we've got a group that is really committed to the cause and we don't want to settle for mediocrity," Mannah said.

"So we're going to make sure we get past these hiccups and get our confidence back and move forward. It's important that we don't let these last few weeks stop us from getting where we want to be at the end of the year."

But they'll have to do it without star fullback Jarryd Hayne, who is sidelined for the next two weeks after being suspended for a headbutt on Bulldogs' forward Corey Payne.

Mannah believes the Eels have been spoiled by Hayne's presence for so long, and his absence could bring out the best in some teammates.

"I hope (we step up across the board)," he admitted.

"As a group I think it's going to be good for us to mature a bit. I think we've been spoiled having Jarryd at the back ... and we've looked to him a lot when things get tough and put a lot of pressure on him.

"It's going to be good for us to understand now that he's not going to be there on the field and ... just try to force other people to put their hand up and want to be the person that steps up."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Looking forward to seeing Jordan Atkins vs his former club... US!

I also hope that William Zillman continues to thrive at 6. I really want to see him make it his own.

Looks like the weather has cleared up a bit out Parra way as well.

GAME DAY info Eels V Titans

EELS EASTER GAME DAY info

Hi Guys, here is this weekends GAME DAY info:

Eels v Titans TEAM; Click Here for TEAM

Here are not one not two but three special reason to get you and your family to the game this weekend. One, supporters are invited to run onto the field 15 minutes after the full time siren. And Two, the Easter Bunny is coming to hand out chocolate Easter Eggs to the kids just before kick off at half time. And Three, Family passes are $40 for this home game.

Also check out the 80 minutes of Eels Easter Madness and go online and buy a half price tickets to this weekend game between 12 noon and 1:20pm today. Buy Tickets

More important GAME DAY information below.

VENUE: Parramatta Stadium
    Gates open 12:35pm
    Toyota Cup Kick off 12:45
    NRL Kick off 3pm

TICKETS: A special Family Pass for the Northern and Southern seated areas is available for $40.00 (a saving of $12.00) A Family pass is either 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 kids.

TRANSPORT: Eels Shuttle Buses
    Parramatta Station - Parramatta Stadium
    Pre-Game - First Bus 12:30pm, Last Bus 3.00pm
    Post Game - First Bus 5.00pm, Last Bus 7.00pm

Cole Sutton Reserve - Parramatt Stadium
    Pre-Game - First Bus 12:30pm, Last Bus 2:45pm
    Post Game - First Bus 5.00pm, Last Bus 7.00pm

ON FIELD ENTERTAINMENT: The Easter Bunny is coming to hand out yummy easter eggs to the kids just before NRL kick off at half time. Look out for Rob and Tahir's Fully Sick Kick at Half Time.

PRECINCT ENTERTAINMENT: You'll be able to hang out at the footy all day with precinct activity starting at 12:30 with Face Painting, Zoo Animals and the amazing Eels Jumping castle. Watch out for Sparkie and Sparkle too.

See you at the footy.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/

Spoilers anyone?

Zillman puts Moi Moi on his back and makes him lose the ball!

* And Prince is cooking some pie
    Last edited by Ryan; 24-04-11 at 03:16 PM.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....