Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I was reading the paper this morning and they mentioned that Hayne wouldn't be able to use the same reasoning he used last year to get off after headbutting Slater. I don't remember but does anyone know what the justification was for the headbutt last year that allowed him to play origin?
    There was no justification.
    The judges were instructed a pre-conceived verdict before the hearing took place. The rules were bent to allow Hayne to play Origin and give the Blues some false hope.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

^ Ah that explains why they said he can't use the same excuse this time around

Hayne is a butt without the head. I fear for this game because as already mentioned Parra will lift without the moron. Kearney won't run their legs off because he'll rate their chances against us.

Bring it on!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    There was no justification.
    The judges were instructed a pre-conceived verdict before the hearing took place. The rules were bent to allow Hayne to play Origin and give the Blues some false hope.
    That is exactly why he was let off - everyone in the world knew it but even as a massive QLD fan I was happy he was let off so that Slater could run rings around him (again).

But the real defence that they put up was that he did headbutt Slater but there was no INTENT in the action to hurt him. The resulting furore ensured that intent could no longer be used as a defence.

How ironic that the same guy who strengthened the headbutt rules should be the first to feel their brunt. I cannot remember the last person to go to the judiciary for a headbutt other than Hayne. He should get at least a month but I honestly won't care what he gets over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    He should get at least a month but I honestly won't care what he gets over a week.

A week will do me so he can come back the following week and help the eels beat someone of importance

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    That is exactly why he was let off - everyone in the world knew it but even as a massive QLD fan I was happy he was let off so that Slater could run rings around him (again).

But the real defence that they put up was that he did headbutt Slater but there was no INTENT in the action to hurt him. The resulting furore ensured that intent could no longer be used as a defence.

How ironic that the same guy who strengthened the headbutt rules should be the first to feel their brunt. I cannot remember the last person to go to the judiciary for a headbutt other than Hayne. He should get at least a month but I honestly won't care what he gets over a week.
    "Real defense" - you mean the excuse!
    Paul Aiton from the Sharks copped a grade 2 striking charge a few weeks ago, despite there being no direct video footage or any physical signs of "discomfort" to Joel Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by The Age
    Headbutt lands Aiton on striking charge
    Chris Barrett
    March 15, 2011
    http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leagu...314-1bujt.html

Cronulla's Paul Aiton. Photo: Alex Ellinghausen

CRONULLA hooker Paul Aiton will not be able to use the defence that allowed Jarryd Hayne to last year escape suspension for a headbutt after the judiciary directions were amended because of the Parramatta fullback's surprise exoneration.

Aiton, 25, was one of six players charged yesterday by the NRL match-review committee following the first weekend of the season. The Sharks were last night yet to decide whether to fight a grade-two striking charge - resulting from Aiton's headbutt on Canberra centre Joel Thompson on Sunday, for which he was sent off.

Aiton's clean record means he would face only a one-match ban with an early guilty plea and miss the Sharks' derby against St George Illawarra at Toyota Stadium next Monday. If the club chooses to contest the charge at the judiciary and loses he would be suspended for two games. They would also not be able to use the case of Hayne as a precedent. The star Eel's lawyer, Geoff Bellew SC, last June had Hayne cleared to play for NSW in the second match of the State of Origin series despite video footage showing he headbutted Melbourne fullback Billy Slater in a club game the previous weekend.

Bellew argued successfully the judiciary had to be convinced that Hayne, charged with a grade-one offence, intended to cause Slater significant pain or injury. The panel agreed with Bellew, through its verdict, that the contact to Slater's head was not of an excessive nature.

Because of the Hayne case, the judiciary directions were reworded by Martin Burns SC, who penned the code of conduct when the NRL competition began in 1998. The amended advice to panel members is that a player charged with headbutting need only be shown to have caused discomfort to be found guilty.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz1JjWxNohe
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I won't mind if we don't get to see the Plane/train or whatever they want to call the Human Headbut run out against us next week
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I won't mind if we don't get to see the Plane/train or whatever they want to call the Human Headbut run out against us next week
    You mean the Human butthead

hahaha

^ haha, reading the paper and it's speculated he'll be suspended for 2 weeks. However, they did have a quote from Hayne saying what he did last year was worse and how he got off that one..

QLD Cup Titan

Junior Titan

Mead to fullback this week, he played excellent which opens the door for tomane on the wing.

Junior Titan

I would like to see.

1 Mead
    2 Michaels
    3 Tonga
    4 Thompson
    5 Tomane
    6 Zillman
    7 Prince
    8 Bailey
    9 Friend
    10 White
    11 Mini
    12 Bird
    13 Harrison

14 James
    15 Tagataese
    16 Ridge
    17 ODwyer

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers6 View Post
    I would like to see.

1 Mead
    2 Michaels
    3 Tonga
    4 Thompson
    5 Tomane
    6 Zillman
    7 Prince
    8 Bailey
    9 Friend
    10 White
    11 Mini
    12 Bird
    13 Harrison

14 James
    15 Tagataese
    16 Ridge
    17 ODwyer
    Agree... but I would have Hendo in the side rather than Taga.

Hendo will come good...!

I reckon Taga needs to reinvent himself as a prop. His speed and impact would be great and it would get his involvement up. Hendo is the man if Taga isn't playing front row.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!