Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Zillman has to stay 5/8 - We need to look at why we lost that game and it wasn't because Zillman was at 5/8. He had a reasonably good game and our backs actually got some decent ball. Yes he should've passed and I'll be he looks that way next time after the video this week. Presto will be our super-sub like it or not. I think Capewell will make way for Tomane and Mead will get the gig at the back at least until Walker has a game or two back in QCup. Let's see how today pans out.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

here are some stats from the past two games according to nrl.com :: the tigers game prince`s kick meters = 397 .... zillman`s kick meters = 12 ....... parra game prince`s kick meters = 364 ..... zillman`s kick meters = 56 .. i just think that there is to much pressure on prince , its clear as a bell where we are going for last play options thats why princes keeps getting hit when he kicks / charged down ( which i saw on the weekend ) i think having presto at 5/8 will relieve some of the pressure off princey and will also allow zillman to still do what he has been doing from fullback instead of 5/8 because honestly he hasnt really showed us any sort of kicking game

Zillmans kicks always looks like he accidently drops it on the wrong foot

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    here are some stats from the past two games according to nrl.com ::
    the tigers game prince`s kick meters = 397 .... zillman`s kick meters = 12
    ....... parra game prince`s kick meters = 364 ..... zillman`s kick meters = 56 .. i just think that there is to much pressure on prince , its clear as a bell where we are going for last play options that's why princes keeps getting hit when he kicks / charged down ( which i saw on the weekend )
    Last two games by the dragons from the NRL site
    South Sydney v Dragons. Soward - 564M.... Boyd kicked 46
    Roosters V Dragons, Soward - 485M..... Hornby kicked 40

I think it's more then what your saying

here are some stats from the past two games according to nrl.com :: the tigers game prince`s kick meters = 397 .... zillman`s kick meters = 12 ....... parra game prince`s kick meters = 364 ..... zillman`s kick meters = 56 .. i just think that there is to much pressure on prince , its clear as a bell where we are going for last play options thats why princes keeps getting hit when he kicks / charged down ( which i saw on the weekend ) i think having presto at 5/8 will relieve some of the pressure off princey and will also allow zillman to still do what he has been doing from fullback instead of 5/8 because honestly he hasnt really showed us any sort of kicking game
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post

No it's not what he is saying, nice try though

He is saying someone else should be doing some more kicking to take the pressure and attention off Prince. And I agree, no reason why Bird can't do some more long kicking and Bombs even with Prince back. And when Campbell gets back on the field, ha can be another attacking option rather than go to Prince every play.

Regardless, your piss-poor attempt to make Prince look bad has its flaws;

Our forward pack is one of the best performing in the comp atm. When Prince is kicking down field, he is doing it from better field position than Soward which means two things:
    1. Prince will not make as many meters from kicks because the forwards have already made them.
    2. When the opposition back 3 have to field Prince's kicks, they have alot less ground to cover to mark them on the full. - which can make it appear as though Prince is kicking it down their throat.

Round 7:
    Dragons forward pack: 658mts from 27 completed sets
    Soward: 485mts from 15 kicks (32m/kick)
    Titans forward pack: 842mts from 25 completed sets
    Prince: 364mts from 12 Kicks (30m/kick)

Keep trying though
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No it's not what he is saying, nice try though

Round 7:
    Dragons forward pack: 658mts from 27 completed sets
    Soward: 485mts from 15 kicks (32m/kick)
    Titans forward pack: 842mts from 25 completed sets
    Prince: 364mts from 12 Kicks (30m/kick)

Keep trying though
    So you agree Soward makes more meters.
    Last edited by GoldCoastTitans100; 26-04-11 at 02:33 PM.

that clearly wasnt wat he was saying :|

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post

goood stats apart from you missed the 158m by nathan fien :P

and what i was saying is prince isnt at his best we all know it but maybe some other options of people who can kick will help relieve the pressure and get him back to his best .... thanks ryan u fully understood me

and what i was saying is prince isnt at his best we all know it but maybe some other options of people who can kick will help relieve the pressure and get him back to his best .... thanks ryan u fully understood me
    I said

I was referring to things like the team around Prince does not protect him like the dragons protect Sowerd ?

yes that is correct titans need to come up with a better game plan to protect prince but still we rely on prince to much

I have no problems with Bird taking the long kicks and bombs as opposed to Prince doing them, seems like its the direction the team is going in anyway. Once Presto's back, he adds some short kicking options as well and towards the end of last year Friend was putting in quite a few grubbers of his own. With so many options, its a mystery why our attack is so stunted