Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Well at first I was doubtful he'd make any changes but if he truly is fed up like what the article is implying, maybe we actually will see some players dropped or at least swapped around. It'll be an interesting week indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Rocks or diamonds that Minichiello. Don't understand how the bloke can be so good then so miserablely.
    I've said it before in seasons passed, he's great at home but terrible on the road. Not sure why, just an observation. Perhaps he plays with emotion and feeds off the home crowd and doesn't get the same energy from away ones.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I too agree wholeheartedly with Karnage but I can't for the life of me work out what we have done to get on the wrong side of the refs lime we have. It shouldn't matter we should still win games like this one but please, we had a winger whose momentum was stopped, he was then picked up and flung over the sideline and there's no penalty against the tackler? Even the pro-eels commentary were surprised there was no penalty. The inconsistent calls in favour of our opposition week-in, week-out do drive a supporter to distraction. The problem is that we are the ones putting ourselves under pressure. Players like Bird, White, Henderson and Minichiello have always had a penalty or mistake in them and they are proving too big a liability at the moment. There needs to be focus on discipline and professionalism and we need to find some spark. Tonga and Thompson provided a bit of spark and Zillman wasn't too bad although he did make mistakes. Tomane is what we need and fast and Capewell is the one to make way. Capewell should play half or five-eight for one of our feeders and work his way into our first grade squad the same way Tomane, Toopi, Michaels and the like have done.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Cheeky Eels didnt allow Mead to return the ball once today. They bombed him but didnt let him get the ground balls so he could return with fire.

The way the eels won made it even more disheartening. A kick that rebounds off the upright and a scrappy bomb on the siren, puhlease

No excuses but dam frustrating.

Now we need to eliminate the scum this coming weekend

That was heartbreaking. I was so numb after that. And i had a suspicion that it was coming. We never felt safe. And to lose to a dodgy richochet bomb is gutwrenching. But we shouldn't have made those mistakes to give them the opportunity, giving possession up o what the second tackle.

You can say good teams don't need to rely on the ref. Yea that's a great philosophy but more often than not it is not the case. Rugby League is such an unforgiving game that a change in momentum changes the game. And we got screwed by the ref.

So very disappointed to lose as it is a game we should have and must have won. The absence of these two points here and there will hurt as at the end of the season.

I think some changes are in order and I agree, let's bbe Tomane a go. He has paid his dues in QCup and I beleive we need him.

Also can someone tell Zillman to pass?!? Especially when he is playing 5/8th?!

Hey, on a positive looked like a good number of Titans fans there! Especially in the Southern Legion and didn't the new banner looked awesome?!

Let's hope we can smash the Chooks next week. Play with more discipline and potency in attack. Because time is starting to run out and the Titans not making the Finals is a distinct possibility.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

And for Gods sake, stop conceding just before half time!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The penalty for moving off the mark was correct. There should be more of them. Especially when the same thing happens minutes later from the other team!
    The incorrect forward pass call on the Mead try is what cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    The penalty for moving off the mark was correct. There should be more of them. Especially when the same thing happens minutes later from the other team!
    I disagree. I believe the referee should simply tell the player to go back to the mark and play the ball from there. Not only does the attacking team lose the metres they gained, but the defending team gets time to set their line. A penalty is too harsh, especially when it is a bad call like it was yesterday. The ref said Bodene was held on the line but his feet were on the line while his torso and the ball were over a metre in front of it. He moved forward no more than a metre from the mark. The penalty was far too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I disagree. I believe the referee should simply tell the player to go back to the mark and play the ball from there. Not only does the attacking team lose the metres they gained, but the defending team gets time to set their line. A penalty is too harsh, especially when it is a bad call like it was yesterday. The ref said Bodene was held on the line but his feet were on the line while his torso and the ball were over a metre in front of it. He moved forward no more than a metre from the mark. The penalty was far too harsh.
    Yep, I agree. It's strange that a player can get up after getting tackled, run and get sent back by the ref to play it again, but if they play the ball slightly off the mark they get penalised.

Agreed, that penalty alone swung the momentum for the Eel's final fightback. I even would've been okay with it if the Eels player was held up for the same thing yet the ref's seemed to miss it. Even the biased commentary were bewildered at why the Eels weren't penalised for the same thing Bodene was

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I like Zillman and like him attacking around the ruck but he's not a 5/8.
    Capewell hasn't beat one player from fullback and doesn't give the Titans any starting momentum from fullback...he's not ready for NRL
    I think Zillman showed that if we are going to keep persisting with swapping players into 5/8, Zilly is the man for it. He has shown enough over the poast 2 weeks, that while not a polished 5/8 he is currently our most consistent choice for that position. There are several FB options, but agree Capewell has much to learn about 1st grade, even which boots to wear on game day, and could well do with some Cup time to find his style and position.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I don't know why we lost but I'm not about to start telling professionals how to play or coach. So do me a favour and give it a rest.
    Mate, that's how I feel sometimes, but everyone has an opinion, and everyone is entitled to voice it. Nice spray though!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Capewell has had a go, time for a change.
    Turning up to a ground with 4 inch grass and wet with blades is a mistake I won't have with a professional.
    Yep, i was all for giving him a few games to find his feet, but it turns out he literally can't even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Capewell should play half or five-eight for one of our feeders and work his way into our first grade squad the same way Tomane, Toopi, Michaels and the like have done.
    Yes, he's had a fair go, and just doesn't hasn't done enough to earn his spot, while others have shown they want it back bad!

And I hope you fantasy leaguers took my tip and put Hindy in (if you don't have him as a starting forward anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I think Zillman showed that if we are going to keep persisting with swapping players into 5/8, Zilly is the man for it. He has shown enough over the poast 2 weeks, that while not a polished 5/8 he is currently our most consistent choice for that position.

I'm hoping Preston goes to 5/8 when he gets back and Zillman drops back to fullback.
    I'd love to see Zillman looking for opportunities around the ruck...he'd be dangerous if any forward got an off load back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I'm hoping Preston goes to 5/8 when he gets back and Zillman drops back to fullback.
    I'd love to see Zillman looking for opportunities around the ruck...he'd be dangerous if any forward got an off load back to him.
    I concur, Zillman is a lot bigger than preston and he's a big guy. Would be good to see him around the ruck, but it is his strong suit??

I wouldn't mind seeing Zillman back in the 1 either. He's been doing pretty well at 6 but the best game he ever played for us was at fullback and he really tore it up in that finals game.