Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I wasn't referring to coaches, I was talking about you.

I think if Mead is going to fullback, Walker would be wasted on the wing. I wouldn't mind seeing Vickery given a shot. But I'm sure we'll see the same team announced next week.
    well not necessarily didnt walker play a bit of wing for us last year and get some really good runs? he can be put in holes im sure or chase kicks, i haven't seen vickery play does anyone know if he's any good

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Not sure it was really good. I'll say improved but still lacked polish. The Tigers were pus but they always are up the middle. Their forwards are rubbish and they live off Benji and Farah being creative. They put the cue in the rack as far as creativity was concerned and tried to grind out a win - that's not them. The negativity tonight came from the Tigers and we benefited from it. This is going to be a great season, marching up the ladder in the next 7 rounds with 5 home matches. Yay Tits!
    Yeah really good is probably an overstatement. But to be 14-0 down after 12 minutes and turn it around and not let them score a point is a pretty good effort. But you are right, the Tigers were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Blue View Post
    Could someone please help a fellow fan out and tell me if Mead played fullback??!! Thanks in advance.
    Capewell played fullback. Did an OK job.

Could someone please help a fellow fan out and tell me if Mead played fullback??!! Thanks in advance.
    Wing mate, but he brought the ball back 80% of the time and did it with gusto. Very fullback like.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Banned

Yeah really good is probably an overstatement. But to be 14-0 down after 12 minutes and turn it around and not let them score a point is a pretty good effort. But you are right, the Tigers were awful.
    well you cant deny titans fighting spirit as seen in the last 10 of the melbourne game, this game and the canberra game, but the tigers just went awful after the zillman bounce try

Junior Titan

Thanks guys, good to hear. Would love to see him there because he is a nippy bastard...only question is whether he has the ballplaying ability for fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I get excited by the team selections as much as the next guy, but can we dissect this game first? Let's talk about next weeks team in next weeks game thread. I'm as guilty as anyone at doing it but let's talk about what happened out there tonight in this one.
    That is probably more the point I was getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Just got home from the game.

The Titans played ordianry for first 65 mins, but in the last 15, they somehow changed intoit he team they used to be. The forwards started running it straight and hard, the ball was passed wide, Scott Prince attacked the line, really ATTACKED it, and he went straight through! And then Mini did what he does best, ploughing through defenders to smash his way across the line. it was the sort of play we have used to win for the past 4 years, and in the last 15 mins they put it all together again and put 12 points on in as many minutes.

Why haven't they been doing this since round 1?

Sweet as, old school titans were back in the last 15mins of this game!

I'm pretty happy with life at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    well not necessarily didnt walker play a bit of wing for us last year and get some really good runs? he can be put in holes im sure or chase kicks, i haven't seen vickery play does anyone know if he's any good
    I'm not sure. I know he played his first game on the wing, but I think last year he started on the bench and went into fullback. I think he would be more effective from fullback.

Banned

who do we have next week anyways?

Thanks guys, good to hear. Would love to see him there because he is a nippy bastard...only question is whether he has the ballplaying ability for fullback.
    He has played fullback for PNG and did a very good job of it. I can't remember what there backline movement was like and what part he played in that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

I'm not sure. I know he played his first game on the wing, but I think last year he started on the bench and went into fullback. I think he would be more effective from fullback.
    well if we have tomane,mead and walker all in the same side then we have 3 gun ball returners and 2 good leapers not to mention the wheels they all have on them, we could do tomane wing,michaels centre, walker fullback, tonga centre and mead other wing if you think that would be more effective

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Default RND 7:PARRAMATTA EELS VS GOLD COAST TITANS

PARRAMATTA EELS VS GOLD COAST TITANS

EELS:
    Tbc

TITANS
    Tbc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    He has played fullback for PNG and did a very good job of it. I can't remember what there backline movement was like and what part he played in that though.
    i quite remember in 2008 a rampaging watmough being denied a certain try by mead at fullback in the world cup