Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    Why do people on these forums insist on dropping Mead? He was one of the best on the field tonight, Tonga had a great game as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    You Beauty
    Ditto

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    Why do people on these forums insist on dropping Mead? He was one of the best on the field tonight, Tonga had a great game as well.
    i honestly dont know, he runs it back hard and makes metres like we have known for over a year, capewell is the underachiever out of the backs and thompson is obviously a forward

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i honestly dont know, he runs it back hard and makes metres like we have known for over a year, capewell is the underachiever out of the backs and thompson is obviously a forward
    Honestly, for once just enjoy the win and concentrate on the positive, rather then this we won, but this person was **** and thus person should be cut etch etc.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

Honestly, for once just enjoy the win and concentrate on the positive, rather then this we won, but this person was **** and thus person should be cut etch etc.
    hey if we have that attitude we will stay at the bottom, thats why wayne bennett never gets so excited on how his team performs no matter how good they play, im pessimistic but for a good cause

I too thought Capewell was slow to get going and stifled things on the right in attack although he sharpened up in the 2nd half. I'm looking forward to Walker coming back in at some stage but at the moment I think the answers are staring us in the face. Mead played his best football for us tonight, ever! I'm not sure what his ball playing is like to play fullback but I'd like to find out. I'll leave the team for next week for another thread but I'd drop Capewell and bring Tomane onto wing and Mead at the back. Keep Zillman at 5/8 for extended run.

Back to tonights victory (yes accompanied by fist pump), Minichiello was the man. Two blokes I've been critical of in Mini and Mead were stand-outs. Bird does not look comfortable on the right hand side, which may mean he has to go back to 5/8 on the left with Mini and Thompson moves into right side backrower and Zillman into right centre. I can't help myself, keep looking to next week.

Harrison and Bailey were good and so was Henderson after his first indiscretion which was inexcusable and put us under all sorts of pressure. Prince was better after his ridiculous first 10 minutes and missing a simple shot at goal. Michaels had an off night. Thompson and Tonga were excellent in defence and once again weren't given any quality early ball to do any damage in attack. The number of mistakes Thompson forced and attacking raids Tonga shut down was great. O'Dwyer was excellent off the bench as was James and White gets a pass mark too. Friend was sensational tonight and gave the Tigers someone else to watch other than Prince.

The good news is we will still get better than this.

Junior Titan

Did Mead play fullback or something???

I'm in NSW so only get the delayed coverage and couldn't help myself from checking the scores online!

hey if we have that attitude we will stay at the bottom, thats why wayne bennett never gets so excited on how his team performs no matter how good they play, im pessimistic but for a good cause
    Do you really think your pessimism makes a difference? I don't think a positive response to a really good 60 minutes of football is going to doom us.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Do you really think your pessimism makes a difference? I don't think a positive response to a really good 60 minutes of football is going to doom us.
    craig bellamy, brian smith and wayne bennett beg to differ.... anyways what do you guys think of this for next week

1.Mead
    2.Michaels
    3.Tomane
    4.Tonga
    5.Walker
    6.Zillman
    7.Prince
    8.Bailey
    9,Friend
    10.Thompson
    11.Harrison
    12.Minnechello
    13.Bird
    14.Ridge
    15.White
    16.Henderson
    17.James

?

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Not sure it was really good. I'll say improved but still lacked polish. The Tigers were pus but they always are up the middle. Their forwards are rubbish and they live off Benji and Farah being creative. They put the cue in the rack as far as creativity was concerned and tried to grind out a win - that's not them. The negativity tonight came from the Tigers and we benefited from it. This is going to be a great season, marching up the ladder in the next 7 rounds with 5 home matches. Yay Tits!

craig bellamy, brian smith and wayne bennett beg to differ.... anyways what do you guys think of this for next week
    Sorry I didn't realise you were a first grade coach.

Banned

Sorry I didn't realise you were a first grade coach.
    im not how did you manage to quote me and not see the 3 coaches i labelled

1.Mead
    2.Michaels
    3.Tomane
    4.Tonga
    5.Walker
    6.Zillman
    7.Prince
    8.Bailey
    9,Friend
    10.Thompson
    11.Harrison
    12.Minnechello
    13.Bird
    14.Ridge
    15.White
    16.Henderson
    17.James

?
    I wasn't referring to coaches, I was talking about you.

I think if Mead is going to fullback, Walker would be wasted on the wing. I wouldn't mind seeing Vickery given a shot. But I'm sure we'll see the same team announced next week.

Junior Titan

Could someone please help a fellow fan out and tell me if Mead played fullback??!! Thanks in advance.

1.Mead
    2.Michaels
    3.Tomane
    4.Tonga
    5.Walker
    6.Zillman
    7.Prince
    8.Bailey
    9,Friend
    10.Thompson
    11.Harrison
    12.Minnechello
    13.Bird
    14.Ridge
    15.White
    16.Henderson
    17.James

?
    I get excited by the team selections as much as the next guy, but can we dissect this game first? Let's talk about next weeks team in next weeks game thread. I'm as guilty as anyone at doing it but let's talk about what happened out there tonight in this one.