Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Definitely a good crowd for the Titans on Friday. Besides what the Courier Mail says. Obviously doesn't follow crowds closely at all in the NRL.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It looked like a light switch was turned on in Prince's head tonight , he found that missing Mojo

Teke made comment about a few of the boys reading our forums & I'm sure Dave Mead was top of that list & was easily Man of the Match with blister speed in his kick returns

Also another big welcome back to form from Chalky Odwyer who was outstanding off the bench !

We're Back
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It looked like a light switch was turned on in Prince's head tonight , he found that missing Mojo

Teke made comment about a few of the boys reading our forums & I'm sure Dave Mead was top of that list & was easily Man of the Match with blister speed in his kick returns

Also another big welcome back to form from Chalky Odwyer who was outstanding off the bench !

We're Back

DAVID MEAD ROCKS!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

His kick returns not only give us field position but it inspires and energizes the rest of the team. Man of the Match, well deserved!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    His kick returns not only give us field position but it inspires and energizes the rest of the team. Man of the Match, well deserved!
    i dont know about you guys but i prefer the hard running back fullback to eat up alot of metres and hurt the defender rather than the dancing fullbacks like hayne and barba

I just watched the game again and yet again we absolutely dominated a side in the forwards up the middle of the park. Our attack / structure looked much much better, just lacked a bit of polish. The defense was brilliant, I didn't realise just how good it was watching the game live. For those who love stats, ZERO line breaks by the Tigers, that right, ZERO line breaks by one of the best attacking teams in the comp.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 17-04-11 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I just watched the game again and yet again we absolutely dominated a side in the forwards up the middle of the park. Our attack / structure looked much much better, just lacked a bit of polish. The defense was brilliant, I didn't realise just how good it was watching the game live. For those who love stats, ZERO line breaks by the Tigers, that right, ZERO line breaks by one of the best attacking teams in the comp.
    Awesome effort & people need to realise we kept probably the best attacking team in the comp "Scoreless for 69 minutes"
    #itaintweaktospeak

It's all about passion Ricky Stuart

WHAT makes us want to coach? Ricky Stuart runs through the highs and the lows of being in a rare bread, the NRL coach.
    You don't sleep well, you either eat too much or not enough, a loss can cripple you for days, the wins don't last anywhere near long enough because pretty soon you're looking at who you play next week.

When you string together a few losses the media want answers and, soon enough, so does the board.

At least half the people think they can do a better job than you. And they're your supporters.

The other mob, they're all against you.

The good moments are far too brief compared to the tough ones, yet there are 16 NRL coaches and, if you did a quick poll, you would find dozens more want to be.

When Gold Coast got their first win over Canberra a few weeks back, I rang coach John Cartwright to congratulate him.

Carty is a great friend of mine. Obviously he'd been going through a tough time, something I knew all about.

It didn't turn around then, as he hoped.

They followed that win with another loss and, trust me, you start to wonder where your next win is coming from.

Anyway, we were talking and I told him I was heading up to the Gold Coast to do a luncheon with Tommy Raudonikis.

The Titans were 1-4 heading into Friday night's match against the Tigers and, for a club that has had success since coming into the NRL - and it's still a very young club - it was obviously a confusing time.

Carty asked if I'd go along to training and do some work with the halves in his Toyota Cup team, since I was already up there, which of course wasn't a problem.

So I headed up and sat and listened to Tommy talk about what NSW need to do to win this year's Origin series.

Tommy was focusing on passion and emotion and all those things, but most of all he spoke about how you have to hate losing. 17 players with Tommy's attitude would be wonderful.

They're not just words when Tommy says it. That's the way he played his football, and he's right.

You have to take losing personally.

The night before I'd sat with Carty at the Tugun Surf Club for dinner, where we sat around and talked for hours about Origin.

We also talked about what was happening at the Titans.

Carty knows the club is going through a tough time, and I could see it has been a struggle.

The big things that get you through at these times are belief and persistency.

You know what you were doing when you were winning, and although it sounds far

too simple, that's what you have to stay with when you're not winning.

Be patient and it will come.

The Titans are a club that knows how to have success, so patience is the best thing they can do for themselves at the moment.

I stayed for Friday's game and before kick-off I enjoyed a Q and A with Queenslanders David Fordham and Wally Lewis and, again, it was interesting to sit and listen to a bloke like Wally talk about Origin, and what's important to him.

I took a seat in the grandstand. I watch every game every weekend, some of them twice or more, and I like to get out to see at least two games live.

The Titans showed a lot of what we have come to know about them.

They are a tough side. After one of the worst starts to a game I've seen in a long time - after 10 minutes they'd had the ball for two tackles and trailed 14-0 - they hung in and slowly worked on turning it around.

Scott Prince went over with eight minutes left to level it

at 14-all.

Then they got out of it with just over a minute left when Mark Minichiello went over to score.

When Minichiello put the ball down the first thing I did was look to the coaches' box.

What came out of Carty at that moment was a lot of things.

Most of all it was relief. But there was a purity of, I don't know, I suppose you'd say joy, that he experienced right there that is hard to find anywhere else in life.

That's why you coach, for those moments.

Source: http://www.news.com.au

^ haha it was great to see Carty so ecstatic, just ran out without his shirt tucked in lol

Can't help but bring a smile to your face reading that, nice article.

Junior Titan

Good article and it does put a smile on your face.

Lets not forget that the first 15 minutes of that game was the worst football i have ever watched from the Titans with Prince playing the worst i have ever seen. It got to a point where i did not know whether to laugh or cry at how the game was going for us.

Prince did get better, but he is not back.

Mead on the other hand was fantastic and ran the ball back how a fullback should run. he should be fullback this week, not capewell.

Tomane hopefuly to the wing.

Well Done on a great comeback!!!