Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

One game doesn't make a season. Or should I say 3/4 of game. This is not where the season will turn around. This result means nothing if they don't back it up next week.

As we all witnessed, the first 15 minutes was the Titan team we have all seen for most of this season.

I have never doubted their ability to beat any team in the league.
    I doubt their belief that they can beat any team in the league.

All the teams in the league have many gifted players and many more players less gifted but hard working. They all train extremely hard off the paddock and are committed to their team and the fans that support them.

The difference on the paddock has more to do with good fortune and attitude.
    But as they say. 'The harder you work, the luckier you get'.
    They showed that in the second half. A little luck went their way.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    One thing that needs to be mentioned is the contribution of Luke O'Dwyer. He played like a guy desperate to nail a spot in the 17 and really contributed well.

Was it '09 when he was a real weapon for us before the knee injury?? If he can get back to that form he showed in that campaign he will add plenty to us off the bench.
    I haven't always been a massive O'Dwyer fan but he does look strong and looked dangerous last night...it's going to be hard for any forward to cement a spot in the Titans team.

I don't think Capewell is up to NRL level at this stage...Mead plays his best footy on the wing and killed it last night.

Prince's defense was not only strong but attacking...getting up in front of defensive line....excellent. He struggled to put the right attacking play on at times but I don't think Capewell was helping.
    They need to use Zillman as a runner...I'd rather him go back to Fullback but that still leaves us with a 5/8 problem...when does Preston come back?

I think Zillman has showed enough over the last few games to own 5/8. It's his position of choice and our position of need. His kicking game is shy but Bird and Minichiello really benefited from some structure around the halves.

I enjoyed the game. The first 15 gave me a chance to vent the frustrations of a week's work :-) and then I was able to relax and watch the confidence emerge.

Apart from the fullback dilemma I feel that the bench is not balanced. I think we need Tomane and although I don't mind O'Dwyer if Tomane came in then he would have to go before Thompson.

Good win and not great but really promising.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup Titan

Just watched a replay of the game - even though I was there - I didn't realise just how bad our first 15-20 minutes were!!!!

but..... I was so pleased to see our boys fight their way back into the game with some attitude, strong defence and some flair - the titans team we are used to. A bit of confidence certainly helps us and hope it continues to lift us next week and beyond. Princey is definitely on his way back and I was pleased to see Mead have a blinder!!!! The best I have seen him play EVER! Bird and Prince both got hammered out there last night - late and high shots on Prince and the refs just let it go, gggrrrrr but I think it inspired him further anyway - way to go Princey! Can definitely see that the boys have been working hard and keep at it boys - a huge improvement on previous weeks (ok well after that first little debacle). Still plenty of room for improvement but def on our way back!!!!!!

Something to remember, is that the Tigers got an early 14 point lead, and they stayed at 14 for the rest of the night!
    That is probably the most important aspect of the result.

And like in the St George and Broncos game, we were denied tries while they were awarded the most dubious of "benefit of the doubt". I was worried this was going to be another that slipped away on the back of poor refereeing, but the fact the Titans held firm, kept their defence tight, and piled on 20 unanswered points is the sort of play that reminds you just how potent we can be when we get our $#!T together!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Something to remember, is that the Tigers got an early 14 point lead, and they stayed at 14 for the rest of the night!
    That is probably the most important aspect of the result.

And like in the St George and Broncos game, we were denied tries while they were awarded the most dubious of "benefit of the doubt". I was worried this was going to be another that slipped away on the back of poor refereeing, but the fact the Titans held firm, kept their defence tight, and piled on 20 unanswered points is the sort of play that reminds you just how potent we can be when we get our $#!T together!
    it probably would have been 20-2 if capewell didnt drop the grubber and he had his positioning right for the first try, dunno what cartys plans for him are

Check the stats. Capewell wasn't terrible by any stretch. 12 runs, 80 meters, 4 tackle breaks, 1 Offload, 1 error, 1 penalty conceded and 1 kick for 22m. He didn't have a great impact but I though the whole right side with Bird, Capewell and Thompson all struggled a little and credit has to go to the tigers left side defence.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    it probably would have been 20-2 if capewell didnt drop the grubber and he had his positioning right for the first try, dunno what cartys plans for him are
    Mate, to be honest, I don't know what you seem to expect from every player, every game, but try being positive for a chnage. Capewell did what he had to do. He could have done better, but he could have done a lot worse! He is young, so I would think Carty's plans are to keep him around, let him develop and if he doesn't become our 5/8 he will be a handy utility. I was happy with what he did, and I would say the rest of the Titans were pretty happy too.

Banned

Mate, to be honest, I don't know what you seem to expect from every player, every game, but try being positive for a chnage. Capewell did what he had to do. He could have done better, but he could have done a lot worse! He is young, so I would think Carty's plans are to keep him around, let him develop and if he doesn't become our 5/8 he will be a handy utility. I was happy with what he did, and I would say the rest of the Titans were pretty happy too.
    but you do agree that mead was a lot better at FB?

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    but you do agree that mead was a lot better at FB?
    Mead was on fire, no doubt! He could have played 2nd row last night! But I wouldn't change players every time they play well/bad in a certain position. That's what a fantasy football team is for!

what was the crowd number for the tigers game?

Banned

Mead was on fire, no doubt! He could have played 2nd row last night! But I wouldn't change players every time they play well/bad in a certain position. That's what a fantasy football team is for!
    lol i think mead just runs it back the hardest out of everyone, covers metres really well. bloody hell this reds vs bulls game is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    what was the crowd number for the tigers game?
    17000-ish. I doubt there were that many there. I'd say that was based on ticket sales, not turnstiles. But quality crowd!

Banned

cant wait for roosters vs titans