Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    well not necessarily didnt walker play a bit of wing for us last year and get some really good runs? he can be put in holes im sure or chase kicks, i haven't seen vickery play does anyone know if he's any good
    Vickery is a big fast winger and from all reports is good. Surely behind Tomane and Walker in the pecking order though. Walker will need a couple of games back from his suspension to put his name forward again though. Walker is a fullback through and through. We need to persist with Zillman in the frontline although I have concerns about Bird on the right side, he looked awkward on that side tonight. Not sure how to fit both he and Mini in on the left side if Birds not at 5/8. Maybe Bird just needs time there.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

The last 60 minutes may just be the turning point for the season as we looked far more fluid in attack and the defense was swarming and effective...forcing errors from the Tigers.
    Princey stood up and was terrific when we needed it (making the calls for him to be dropped...laughable).
    Many positives from this game...consistency is now the key!

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    who do we have next week anyways?
    Parra. And I was reading about Hayne getting binned for a headbutt...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    really? that takes away the only weapon they had tonight

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    Watching the replay now and definate headbut, but remeber the f**** last year with no suspension after headbut on Slater. Four people got 10 in the bin in that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    I'm pretty happy with life at the moment.

Me too. Pretty amazing seeing as I was suicidal at the 15 minute mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Watching the replay now and definate headbut, but remeber the f**** last year with no suspension after headbut on Slater. Four people got 10 in the bin in that game.
    I recorded the game on Austar. Aaand it just happened. Interesting to see what happens with this.

Great result tonight!! A loss on a Friday night ruins my whole weekend but all will be rosy this weekend.

I just want to start by saying that Scott Prince is my favourite player in the NRL. I love him. And the thing that has hurt me the most over the first 5 weeks of this comp is that I have had to agree with the comments on how bad he has been going. Not the comments that he should be dropped - just the ones about how bad he has been.

And for the first 65 minutes he was absolutely WOEFUL once again.

But when he straightened up late in the game and went straight through them it absolutely invigorated me like no other play could have. He might have been going bad but he is the only player we have got (and one of the few in the whole comp) who can take the line on like that and ghost straight through.

2011 for the Titans started with 10 to go in round 6!!! Bring on the Eels next week!!! Bring on every other team in the comp!!

Mead was amazing, those ball returns were ****ing unreal. Would still like Tomane in the side somewhere though. :P

Junior Titan

If Mead excelled at fullback tonight then Capewell could be in a bit of trouble...

EDIT: sorry, not excelled AT fullback, but proved he could be a talent there.
    Last edited by Titan_Blue; 15-04-11 at 11:20 PM.

Maybe the Tomane drums were surging to beat strongly and Mead has responded like a man possessed. Mead at fullback has my full support with Tomane in. Capewells time will come, but our best available team has Tomane in it and Mead has demanded selection for a while now. Interesting to see how Carty responds to that performance. Hard to be too critical but we're still better than that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Maybe the Tomane drums were surging to beat strongly and Mead has responded like a man possessed. Mead at fullback has my full support with Tomane in. Capewells time will come, but our best available team has Tomane in it and Mead has demanded selection for a while now. Interesting to see how Carty responds to that performance. Hard to be too critical but we're still better than that.
    but tomane could replace mead on the wing and mead can replace capewell at fullback and everyones happy, and walker can be sandwiched somewhere

YES!!

First 15 minutes were just painful to watch but couldn't help but fist pump the last 15 minutes of the match.

Mead's kick returns were deadset amazing and maid Capewell's returns pale in comparison. Awesome to see that backline movement that led to Zillman's try, been a long time since we've seen a try like that. Loved Prince just slicing right through their defense and hoping that he is on the rise now and back to his best, he really stood out and took the captain's role in the last 15 mins. Also think he deserved a penalty for at least one of the 3 late hits on him.

Bodene........ as much as it's hard to bag out on someone from the team after a game, i have to do it....

His defence is horrible, i think i can remember him dropping the ball i think twice tonight, he really needs to pick his game up.... He was horrible in defence last week, better but still horrible in defence this week
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertaser View Post
    Bodene........ as much as it's hard to bag out on someone from the team after a game, i have to do it....

His defence is horrible, i think i can remember him dropping the ball i think twice tonight, he really needs to pick his game up.... He was horrible in defence last week, better but still horrible in defence this week
    Dude, you are watching a totally different game to the one I'm watching. Bodene is cleaning up heaps out there. He forced mistakes from the Tigers 3 or 4 times. The problem for Bodene is how much defense he is being asked to do out there looking after Prince and mopping up everything that Bird leaves for him too.