Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Watching this one at home - but will be cheering the boys loudly and proudly! Am hoping to be calling my sis later tonight up there in Nth Qld to rub our win in!!!! :-)

Final team - Cowboys v Titans
    8/04/2011 6:30:00 PM
    http://www.cowboys.com.au/default.as...wboys-v-titans

Antonio Winterstein will become the 255th player to run out for the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys when he makes his debut for the club against the Gold Coast tonight.

Coach Neil Henry has just released his squad of 17 to face the Titans at Dairy Farmers Stadium and Winterstein, who will wear No.19, will play in the centres, taking the place of Will Tupou who will line up for the Northern Pride against the Burleigh Bears in the Intrust Super Cup this weekend.

Winterstein, 22, joined North Queensland in the off-season after playing 47 NRL games for the Brisbane Broncos, scoring 19 tries.

He was one of the Broncos’ best last season, playing 20 matches and averaging 90.2 metres and 11.4 hit-ups per game, and he ended the year by being selected in the New Zealand squad for the Four Nations tournament which was won by the Kiwis.

Ironically, Winterstein, who has come back from a broken jaw sustained in a pre-season trial in February, made his NRL debut against the Cowboys in round one of the 2009 season.

In the only other change to the Cowboys’ line-up, back-rower Scott Bolton returns from a calf muscle injury to replace Leeson Ah Mau on the interchange bench.

Bolton, who will wear No.18, has been out since round one.

Ah Mau will play for the Mackay Cutters, alongside his brother Isaak, against Ipswich this weekend.

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys: Matthew Bowen, Ashley Graham, Antonio Winterstein, Willie Tonga, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Ray Thompson, Johnathan Thurston, Matthew Scott, Aaron Payne, James Tamou, Gavin Cooper, Glenn Hall, Dallas Johnson. Interchange: James Segeyaro, Tariq Sims, Ashton Sims, Scott Bolton.

Gold Coast Titans: William Zillman, Steve Michaels, Esi Tonga, Bodene Thompson, David Mead, Luke Capewell, Scott Prince (c), Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Ryan James, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ben Ridge. Interchange: Matt White, Michael Henderson, Sam Tagataese, Luke O'Dwyer.
    Last edited by Cowboy Titan; 08-04-11 at 06:51 PM.

white out, James is starting and O'Dwyer is onto the bench. Let's hope Friendy is right mentally and physically and starts where he left off. We can win this but will need to stop the Cowboy roll that Scott and Tamou provide. Winterstein is in the centres for topou and Bolton is onto the bench for Ah Mau. We should have the edge out wide as long as we can tackle, because the Cowboys can't tackle but their attack outside is outstanding. Fai Fai Loa, Tonga and Graham have been great in attack and Winterstein will strengthen that. Let's hope we can hit them out wide with our attack. If we can do that we can win, if we keep it too tight then the Cows will repel us and then tear us up out wide.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

White is not out, just moved back to bench. Ryan James to start. O'Dwyer bench and Riley Brown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

so if cowboys win this, does that make the titans the 3rd best qld team this season, on form?

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    so if cowboys win this, does that make the titans the 3rd best qld team this season, on form?
    Not necessarily, however you are a douche bag.

Come back to this thread when you miss the finals again.

Both sides look good, going to be a ripper of a game.

Come on you Titans!

Zilly 5/8 and Capewell fullback. I've said numerous times Zilly is a half and I think Capewell will make a good fullback, his support play looking for the offload is up there with the best I have ever seen. I really like those changes. Titans by 10.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 08-04-11 at 07:38 PM.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior

cool..
    Carty just announced
    Zillman starting at 5/8 capewell fullback this should be interesting bring it in

Cmon Zilly own it

Banned

i like the caoewell zill,an change up that i have wanted for a bit, but how the hell di they let tonga get it down 4 defenders......

Banned

wtf prince sigh

Banned

YES thats what i have been talking about for a year and a half thats the attack we need and look how dazzling and good it was

Junior

Prince off to play with ipswich FOGS next week?? His defense is not even QLD cup standard

Banned

ok this is what i was talking about when i said dont put bodene at centre and you guys fobbed me off, he doesnt mark his man and get in their face right, he should switch with taga