Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Walker should be back next week
    After this wekend Walker will have served 3 weeks of a 4 week suspension. He is stiller another few weeks away.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    tomane can be wing, walker is suspended
    He is suspended now but has only played 2 games or so in the top grade...I'd have toopi, mead, michaels and Gordon ahead of tomane. I see where ur coming from though.

Everything about the Titans needs to be looked at otherwise they are on the fast track to being the Wooden Spooners.

Terrible year thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by CairnsTitan View Post
    As long as we don't persist with players that arn't performing and give some young guys a go I will be happy, would much rather see a young guy stuff up and give it a go then an old guy doing nothing
    sorry, but that is not in the titans selection playbook, just keep recycling the same old tired fringe nrl players when you have a wonderful nursery all around you

A major reshuffling isnt the answer, it' the STRUCTURE of the play and the intensity of it.

Ball hits the wingers 4 or 5 times (max) in the match, and a try with a few linebreaks come of it. We now have Phil Gould backing up on tele what most are thinking which now puts some emphasis on Carty.

Quote Originally Posted by moorey06 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Princey but clearly he is not right. Drop him and let him recover, don't just play and expect him to carry the team.
    Valid point Moorey...Prince is copping it because he is out of form but there is no-one around him to lift the team or inspire Prince back into form.

not sticking up for Prince...if you can't use your shoulder in a tackle you shouldn't be playing.

Even Tigers forth strength half Jacob Miller (19 yo) looked better tonight then all Titans halves put together

Prince should be dropped

If walker is out next week the team should look like

1. David Mead
    2. Steve Michaels
    3. Bodene Thompson
    4. Joseph Tomane
    5. Esi Tonga
    6. Luke Capewell
    7. William Zillman
    8. Luke Bailey (C)
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Sam Tagataese
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. B.Ridge
    17. James

QLD Cup Titan

So you are all suggesting that to build up Princey's confidence lets drop him to Q cup - sure that will build his confidence up. Ever think it is also because he is playing with a different halves partner every week? Give the guy a break! They are a team and at the moment they are not playing as one. Guys chopping and changing positions each week is not working because they can never gel together. I felt our defence as a whole was not up to scratch tonight and our attack - well .... lets say there were glimpses there of some positives! I think barring injuries etc we need to stick with a team and let them work on it together. Keep on making changes each week and we'll never get there. Certainly not the ideal start to our season - 4 losses and 1 win - JUST!! I know some back to back wins will boost our confidence no end but we need to get there first. Carty hopefully will be looking at video of tonight - seeing how well we played when those wingers got the ball and what a difference it made. Will be interesting to see what he does with Bird back next week too - I know Capewell made a few errors but I didn't mind him at fb and zilly in the halves. Tonga starting to make an impact too and him and Michaels' seem to have a good thing going on - Michaels sees ALOT more ball than Mead! Overall though - the whole team seems to be lacking in confidence but we've been here before and we've gotten back up. Need LOTS of fans out there next Fri night cheering on the boys - they need us to stand by them through this too - don't forget that!

Zillman has some work to do if he wants to play in 5/8...he was caught out a few times in defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Zillman has some work to do if he wants to play in 5/8...he was caught out a few times in defense.
    He was?????? I must have missed it, can you point out when?
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    He was?????? I must have missed it, can you point out when?
    Cowboys scoring one of their first tries down their left side close to line...Zillman came in on decoy runner.

mid field on cowboys left side Zillman wrong footed on switch, led to his miss tackle and try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    So you are all suggesting that to build up Princey's confidence lets drop him to Q cup - sure that will build his confidence up. Ever think it is also because he is playing with a different halves partner every week? Give the guy a break!
    He has been playing first grade for a long time, he is a experienced player.

I would have thought the money he is getting would be a confidence builder.

To be fair we have been giving Prince a break since the start of last season IMO.

Cowboys scoring one of their first tries down their left side close to line...Zillman came in on decoy runner.

mid field on cowboys left side Zillman wrong footed on switch, led to his miss tackle and try.
    Your making it sound a lot worse then it was

Justed checked the highlights, your right, sorry my mistake. I'll give him the first one, that was a good play decoy play by Thurston and would have fooled most players. I thought the second one you speak about was Prince, so yeah bad effort by Zilly, but as a whole I think his defense is really good, just a little tweek here and there. Not bad at all for someone who hasn't defended in the line for a very long time.

I retract one of my previous comments that all tries were through Princey, he and Zilly must have been changing sides in denfense throughout the match.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    Your making it sound a lot worse then it was
    I'm saying he needs time to adapt if you want him at 5/8...he hasn't defended in the front line for a while and it's a hard position to defend.