Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by moorey06 View Post
    So let me get this straight if we get the wooden spoon this year you will be happy because Cartwright has won more games then most coaches in the last two years? You can't live on history forever mate. I'm sure we can turn it around too I just think the length of the contract was 2 years too many.

Also as paying fans everyone is entitled to there opinion be it negative or positive. And in my opinion after our finish last year ud think our recruitment would have been alot stronger...it wasn't and look where we are. Tigers next week too. Dunno about you but playing catch up football is not what I thought we would be doing this season after where we finished lady season.
    No - I'm just not going to get all hysterical over a poor start to the season and start writing off professionals who have proven their worth in recent times. I see Cartwright's contract as an investment in the clubs stability - he's a coach on the rise, has his hand in rep coaching and has an excellent record with the clubs performance in the last two years.

Rogers was our only loss last year, and he is a once in a generation player who cannot be replaced in a single season of recruitment.

No-one imagined this sort of a start to the season. Premierships aren't awarded in the first few weeks & neither is the wooden spoon. The Titans have improved every year under Cartwright thus far, in one of the most competitive comps in the world - and it's no secret that Prince has been the main man over the years.

Give credit where credit is due, lay off the estrogen, and stop dramatizing like a pregnant woman out of ice-cream.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No - I'm just not going to get all hysterical over a poor start to the season and start writing off professionals who have proven their worth in recent times. I see Cartwright's contract as an investment in the clubs stability - he's a coach on the rise, has his hand in rep coaching and has an excellent record with the clubs performance in the last two years.

Rogers was our only loss last year, and he is a once in a generation player who cannot be replaced in a single season of recruitment.

No-one imagined this sort of a start to the season. Premierships aren't awarded in the first few weeks & neither is the wooden spoon. The Titans have improved every year under Cartwright thus far, in one of the most competitive comps in the world - and it's no secret that Prince has been the main man over the years.

Give credit where credit is due, lay off the estrogen, and stop dramatizing like a pregnant woman out of ice-cream.
    Prince the main man over the years? Yep...but like I said you can't live on history forever mate.

Improvement? Have we improved this year? That was my point...we have taken ten steps back compared to last year.

I'm not being dramatic mate, I'm talking about actual facts as the current NRL ladder and team form has shown. The Sharks have won more games then us.

Anyway think we will agree to disagree. I respect your opinion though. I'm a sports journo what can I say.

Prince the main man over the years? Yep...but like I said you can't live on history forever mate.

Improvement? Have we improved this year? That was my point...we have taken ten steps back compared to last year.

I'm not being dramatic mate, I'm talking about actual facts as the current NRL ladder and team form has shown. The Sharks have won more games then us.

Anyway think we will agree to disagree. I respect your opinion though. I'm a sports journo what can I say.
    I don't think the Titans are that much different from last year...Titans couldn't score when attacking inside the oppositions 20 last year either.
    Forwards are still getting down the other end but we're just missing Gorden's length of the field tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I don't think the Titans are that much different from last year...Titans couldn't score when attacking inside the oppositions 20 last year either.
    Forwards are still getting down the other end but we're just missing Gorden's length of the field tries.
    What I'm saying is after our finish last year I thought the club would look to build on that..but they proved me wrong in the off season.

We are in desperate need of a centre, a 6 and now a decent 9 since Friend is off, which just quietly ridiculous.

Luke capwell and Riley Brown are not the quality we need going for and that's no disrespect to them either just simply my opinion.

Also you can't admirations to win a premiership let alone make the finals if you are gonna rely on wingers to score long range tries. Besides they need to get the ball first.

In 2-3 weeks everyone will be up in arms.

Roll on the tigers.

What I'm saying is after our finish last year I thought the club would look to build on that..but they proved me wrong in the off season.

We are in desperate need of a centre, a 6 and now a decent 9 since Friend is off, which just quietly ridiculous.

Luke capwell and Riley Brown are not the quality we need going for and that's no disrespect to them either just simply my opinion.

Also you can't admirations to win a premiership let alone make the finals if you are gonna rely on wingers to score long range tries. Besides they need to get the ball first.

In 2-3 weeks everyone will be up in arms.

Roll on the tigers.

I agree with your points but the signs were there last year...and even though we featured in the top 4...we were a long way from winning the grandfinal.

I just find it funny how much people are panicking so much. This season is only 5 rounds old. It was only a few years ago that the Dragons would constantly lose their first 5 games of the season and then storm home and reach the top 4. That happened 3 or 4 times. Don't throw the towel in yet, and stop rubbishing the players and the coach who have performed so well in the past 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I just find it funny how much people are panicking so much. This season is only 5 rounds old. It was only a few years ago that the Dragons would constantly lose their first 5 games of the season and then storm home and reach the top 4. That happened 3 or 4 times. Don't throw the towel in yet, and stop rubbishing the players and the coach who have performed so well in the past 2 seasons.
    Your right it is only early in the season...I think I'm one that is too critical of the Titans and might back off a bit.

Banned

while im aware that the titans will turn it around in this competition you cant afford 1 win out of 5 and cant think not to panic or risk trying to dig yourself out of a crater

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm panicking mate, far from it. If in say another month and our form continues then I'm sure everyone will be screaming blue murder.

The competition is that tight this year I don't think you can afford to being playing catch up football, look at the Cowboys and Sharks for example, gone from the basement to playing some great footy. Certainly not throwing the towel in either, I'll continue to support my team through thick and thin and as a fan I'll continue to give my opinion, be it wanted or not.

In regards to rubbishing players and coaches...well after the last month mate, it's a bit hard not when they can't even get the basics right.

Anyway moving back to Brisbane from Cairns tomorrow so will be at Robina for my first of many home games. Hope the boys go balls out.

Just watched the game for the 1st time , Prince has problems but he's too good a player to have forgotten how to play maybe a flogging in the sand pit with Gilly & what about some 1 on 1 coaching with Joey

2 things that could've change the match were when Capewell dropped the pill which then became a 12 point turn around & the other was when JT made the break down the left side & Thompson put the big hit on him which only sent him a little side ways & he passed the ball for their final try, if he makes a ball & all tackle because he was defiantly close enough anything may have happened
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

The better team won in this one and Thurston completely owned Princey.
    There were stages in that game were Prince was really aweful and looked more like an under 20 n their first game.

Is he injured or what?

General Kicking in play was disgusting and Prince never put the defence in 2 minds.

When Prince is playing well he loves the show and goes and it comes off.
    At the moment I am nervous when ever he has the ball in his hands.

It comes down to if we had a Marshall steering the ship whould we have won?
    Yes, we probably would of.