Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

it sounds like that Riley Brown will be hooker, surely carty can see what everyone sees that hooker has been a problem, the service from dummy half is slow and the passes are way of the mark

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    it sounds like that Riley Brown will be hooker, surely carty can see what everyone sees that hooker has been a problem, the service from dummy half is slow and the passes are way of the mark
    Not as good as friend but Brown is a hooker.
    other than Srama any other replacement would be playing out of position.

we need a hooker who can also make 30 tackles in friends absence.
    capewll, campbell etc can not do this.

1 William Zillman
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Esi Tonga
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ben Ridge
    14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell
    18 Brad Meyers

Per Titans Website.

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Interesting lineup!

Not sure why Meyers is 18th Man? Drop Henderson! Also good to see Ridgy get a run at Lock.

Hopefully the boys will band together and get our season started....

Life isnt about finding yourself, Life is about creating yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by curly_11 View Post
    Interesting lineup!

Not sure why Meyers is 18th Man? Drop Henderson! Also good to see Ridgy get a run at Lock.

Hopefully the boys will band together and get our season started....
    Will still be plenty of disappointed forum goers! I like the line-up, shifting Tomane into center and Bodene into lock would do it for me though!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Will still be plenty of disappointed forum goers! Shifting Tomane into center and Bodene into lock would do it for me!
    That's how I would have gone.

Ridge? Tomane will not get a game all year if he's this down the pecking order.

Raiders: Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jarrod Croker, Joel Thompson, Daniel Vidot, Josh McCrone, Matt Orford, Dane Tilse, Travis Waddell, David Shillington (C), Trevor Thurling, Bronson Harrison (C), Shaun Fensom. Interchange (from): Glen Buttriss, Josh Miller, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Brett White, Danny Galea.

http://nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamList...8/Default.aspx

I will eat the terrible new members hat if Preston doesn't get time at 5/8.

Junior Titan

Angry

Like I posted previously we have left princey impotent on the 5th tackle. Would love to know what Tomane has done to deserve to be left out of his centre position for a second rower who should be starting at lock this week. Based of his form in the Qcup over the last two starts he must have seriously annoyed Carty at a training session or something. Cause right now we need point scorers and guys who can sniff out tries. Tomane gives us that I can't see us scoring more than 12 points this weekend and believe me the raiders backline has plenty more than that with that monster forward pack. We are in big problems this weekend. I simply can not understand why great future superstars are being left out in the back paddock when they should be scoring points on the main stage. I'm at a loss here.

Raiders will win 13plus this weekend. Sorry to say that but can't see it going in any other way

Ridge named for Titans trip to Canberra

A day after one of Roma?s most famous Rugby League exports announced his retirement, a young gun who hails from the same small town will get his chance in the NRL after Jetstar Gold Coast Titans forward Ben Ridge was today named for Saturday?s Round 4 clash against the Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium.

The 21-year-old, who grew up idolising his home-town hero Darren Lockyer, was today named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright as the replacement for injured lock Ashley Harrison (hamstring) ahead of the club?s next challenge against the Raiders.

Ridge, a first year electrical apprentice, has played four NRL matches since making his debut for the Jetstar Titans in Round 20 last season against the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Jubilee Oval.

Cartwright said Ridge was seen as a big part of the Jetstar Titans future and had earned his spot in first grade after an impressive start to the year for Queensland Cup feeder-club the Tweed Heads Seagulls.

?It?s just reward for the off-season he put in and a couple of good games with the Seagulls,?? said Cartwright.

?Not often a chance presents itself so I know he?s looking forward to it.

?He?s only very young and it can take a while to become a consistent first grade player. He had a taste of it last year and I think he?ll be better for that experience this year.

?He?s a strong young boy and he?s going to play a lot of first grade for us. Whether that be this year or in the years to come, he?s someone we see as a big part of our future.??

In the only other team change, prop Matt White has been named in the starting front row after he was 18th man last Friday night against the Broncos.

The Jetstar Titans have won four of their eight matches overall against the Raiders but are hoping to turn around their fortunes in the nation?s capital, having not beaten Canberra on their home turf in four previous attempts.

However, there has been little separating both teams in their last two clashes at Canberra Stadium, with the Titans going down 28-24 last year and 34-28 in 2009.

Cartwright said the trip to Canberra was simply another opportunity for the club to do something which hadn?t been done before.

?We?ve been to Melbourne and done the job, we?ve been to Auckland and done the job and we?ve been to Kogarah Oval and done the job which hasn?t been done in the past for a Gold Coast team so this week is another hurdle for us but it?s an extra incentive for us.??

Jetstar Titans NRL and NYC teams to take on the Raiders are listed below.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Canberra Raiders

1 William Zillman
    2 Steve Michaels
    3 Esi Tonga
    4 Bodene Thompson
    5 David Mead
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ben Ridge

INTERCHANGE

14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell
    18 Brad Meyers

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Reshuffle for Raiders against Titans

The Canberra Raiders have shuffled their starting side for Saturday night?s match against the Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium, with Coach David Furner moving players from the bench to the starting 13.

Joe Picker is the only player missing from the 17 that lost to the Tigers last weekend, after he picked up a slight ankle injury which will sideline him for two weeks.

The loss of Picker means Trevor Thurling will get his chance to start for the Raiders for the first time in 2011, with Josh Miller and Danny Galea named on an extended Raiders bench.

Other changes this week for the Raiders come with Travis Waddell starting the game at hooker, with Glen Buttriss shifting back to the bench.

There?s also a reshuffle up front for the Green Machine, with Dane Tilse starting this weekend in place of NSW prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who will be used as an impact player from the bench.

Raiders Coach David Furner said the team was looking to get off to a better start this weekend after poor starts against the Broncos and Tigers and said Waddell, Thurling and Tilse can give the team an extra dimension.

?Our starts in the last two weeks have lacked a bit with execution in the last couple of weeks and we?ve decided to change the dynamics of the team to try and get a better start this weekend,? Furner said. ?I thought Travis? time on the field last weekend was pretty good and we were impressed with most of what he did so he gets a chance to start this weekend.

?We?ve also decided to go with Dane Tilse to start the game and mix up our front row rotation.?

1. Josh Dugan
    2. Blake Ferguson
    3. Jarrod Croker
    4. Joel Thompson
    5. Daniel Vidot
    6. Josh McCrone
    7. Matt Orford
    8. Dane Tilse
    9. Travis Waddell
    10. David Shillington
    11. Trevor Thurling
    12. Bronson Harrison
    13. Shaun Fensom

14. Glen Buttriss
    15. Josh Miller
    16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
    17. Brett White
    18. Danny Galea
    one to be omitted

www.raiders.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Ben Ridge in for Ash .. hmmm very good choice. I have a good feeling about this weekends game .. upsets all around.
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

Riley Brown again.

ffs.

Learoyd-Lahrs on bench for Titans clash

Kangaroos starting prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs has been named on the bench for Canberra's pivotal NRL clash against Gold Coast at Canberra Stadium on Saturday.

Learoyd-Lahrs' place in the starting line-up has been taken by Dane Tilse, while Travis Waddell has also been promoted to starting hooker with Glen Buttriss shifting back to the bench.

Second rower Joe Picker is expected to be sidelined for 1-2 weeks with an ankle injury. His place in the starting line-up has been taken by Trevor Thurling, with Josh Miller injected into the squad on the bench.

Raiders coach David Furner has stuck solid with misfiring halves combination Matt Orford and Josh McCrone, resisting the urge to reinstate Toyota Cup skipper Sam Williams.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au

New Legion Talk Podcast up

Have a listen here
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.