Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Enjoy your visit to Melbourne for those of you travelling down - I for one am VERY jealous!!!!! Will be watching on tv from the comfort of our lounge room and am sure we'll be able to hear you cheering the boys on very proudly!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Capes put 3 ppl into holes tonight and was backing up all over the place. Bird was a handbrake
    A handbrake that made 126 meters and 2 offloads.

Those are average mtrs for a 80 min 2nd rower, he is a handbrake out in the backline.

Ryan James 27mins 97mtrs 3 tackle breaks and a offload, speaks volumes
    Last edited by teke; 13-03-11 at 10:17 PM.

Those are average mtrs for a 80 min 2nd rower, he is a handbrake out in the backline.

Ryan James 27mins 97mtrs 3 tackle breaks and a offload, speaks volumes
    27mins with a rest in between doesn't 'speak volumes', it speaks impact. He did his job and did it well. But tell Bird he only has to play 30mins with a break in between and see what happens....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    27mins with a rest in between doesn't 'speak volumes', it speaks impact. He did his job and did it well. But tell Bird he only has to play 30mins with a break in between and see what happens....
    Maybe he will be better from the bench

Bird is a quality player that had an average game and some credit has to go to the Dragons for shutting him down. The problem with the backline and the ball not getting wide has more to do with the point supergoose is making about no second man plays with a deeper 5/8 and/or fullback, like most other teams do in the NRL with great success.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Maybe he will be better from the bench
    Why bench an 80min player? Our front rowers get good rotation because we can leave guys like Harro and Bird out there for 80mins.
    Enough with the witch hunt, Bird played second row and done as much as Mini or Francci would have done in any other game, yet you still wanna blame him for what didn't happen in the backline?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why bench an 80min player? Our front rowers get good rotation because we can leave guys like Harro and Bird out there for 80mins.
    Enough with the witch hunt, Bird played second row and done as much as Mini or Francci would have done in any other game, yet you still wanna blame him for what didn't happen in the backline?
    I dont wanna bench him, i just dont want him anywhere near 5/8

Get back to the 'Round 2 Melbourne V Titans' subject will you, otherwise you will have this thread locked out ..
    My thoughts are just that .. my thoughts. I don't profess to know everything about this great game of ours, Rugby League, but I do have eyes and I know what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2007DH View Post
    Get back to the 'Round 2 Melbourne V Titans' subject will you, otherwise you will have this thread locked out ..
    All relevant discussion really, be interesting to see what the team list will be.

We need more badger in 2011!

Same team plus or minus Mini.

Titans to correct their little errors and look better against a weaker team.

Should be able to get a win

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Bird is a quality player that had an average game and some credit has to go to the Dragons for shutting him down. The problem with the backline and the ball not getting wide has more to do with the point supergoose is making about no second man plays with a deeper 5/8 and/or fullback, like most other teams do in the NRL with great success.
    Spot on mate i watched the replay & every time Bird got the ball he had 3 or 4 Dragons right in front of him , probably a show of respect or fear but it worked for them, Bird will always be an 80 minute player
    #itaintweaktospeak

It doesn't really matter who we have in our side, if our kicking game does not improve we will get steam rolled by everyone.

Not sure how fit Riley is but he should being having more game time with Capewell having spiel if Carty persists with him.

Laffranchi is back in full training & should be available for selection
    #itaintweaktospeak

Unchanged Titans side to face Storm
    Jake Dew | March 14th, 2011

Titans Coach John Cartwright will take an unchanged side to Melbourne with no injuries following Saturday's loss to St George Illawarra.

GOLD Coast Titans coach John Cartwright will take an unchanged 18-man squad to Melbourne to face the Storm after escaping unscathed from Saturday's loss to premier St George Illawarra.

With the task getting no easier for the Titans, Mark Minichiello (groin) could be the only change to the final 17 against a Storm outfit who showed their force with a 16-6 victory over Manly.

With coach John Cartwright today conceding they needed to 'iron out' a few areas, he stressed there was no need for major changes given their effort against the world's best.

Stars Anthony Laffranchi (hamstring), Brad Meyers (knee) and Nathan Friend (shoulder) remain on the sideline.

''Our communication amongst the play makers was a little bit of a problem but we'll talk about that,'' Cartwright said.

''The Dragons had to resort to the kick to break our defence down and I think you saw a lot of that (in other games) on the weekend and a lot of tries from kicks.

''It's early season and (we) haven't got a lot of football under your belt (and) with a new hooking pair and five-eighth it will take a bit of time to get our attack working.

''But the Dragons have shown you can win games on the back of your defence.''

Gold Coast Bulletin