Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Dont like our chances after tonight but anything can happen in a weeks so lets hope the boys can turn things around and get the win!!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steven Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. David Mead
    6. Greg Bird
    7. Scott Prince (c)
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Riley Brown
    10. Matthew White
    11. Sam Tagataese
    12. Bodene Thompson
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Brad Meyers
    15. Ryan James
    16. Mark Minichiello
    17. Preston Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    Dont like our chances after tonight but anything can happen in a weeks so lets hope the boys can turn things around and get the win!!
    Storm didnt impress me tonight.

Manly and Melbourne look like has-beens

Capewell needs a lot of work...... Obviously he has to gel with the players and especially with Princey, but he still should of done a lot more then what he did tonight
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    You can't be serious ,,,, we were beaten by a full strength Dragons team (apart from Dean Young) , the Premiers & World Champs

The Storm have beaten a weakend 15 man Manly team after losing their Hooker & Captain in the 1st half

Titans by 20
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    You can't be serious ,,,, we were beaten by a full strength Dragons team (apart from Dean Young) , the Premiers & World Champs

The Storm have beaten a weakend 15 man Manly team after losing their Hooker & Captain in the 1st half

Titans by 20
    Wouldn't go as far to say 20, but we will win it. We did reasonably well against the world champions/nrl premiers in our first match, with a new player in a pivotal role for the club (Capewell), but there are a lot of areas we need to pick up in our game if we are to improve on last years effort
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steven Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. David Mead
    6. Greg Bird
    7. Scott Prince (c)
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Riley Brown
    10. Matthew White
    11. Sam Tagataese
    12. Bodene Thompson
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Brad Meyers
    15. Ryan James
    16. Mark Minichiello
    17. Preston Campbell
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no

We must persist with Capewell and give him some decent ball to work with and get Bird and the like out of his way so he can play 5/8. I reckon our 5/8 problem is more to do with structure than who's in it. The second rowers are always running off Prince and getting in the way. Maybe Prince needs to play five-eighth he always wants to throw the pass that leads to the line-break and he's good at it but it's not always the best plan for him to be doing that all the time. Over the past seasons we have used our five-eighth as a second man when Rogers and presto were in it or as the man to engage the defence when bird was in it. We should be using the pivot to help us move the ball quickly from one side to the other like all the other top teams do, but we rarely move the ball with a deep line from side to side and we get picked off in our attacking zone too easily because of it.

I would bring Mini off the bench for the whole year and start with James with Laffranchi the back-up prop. This allows us to keep bird, Harrison and Bodene in the starting line-up with mini and tags providing the impact off the bench. Henderson and White may be on borrowed time although Henderson has been very consistent and White has done some excellent things although he still has a mistake in him which you can't afford from your front row. The future is now.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I reckon we will beat Melbourne. Their forwards were ordinary tonight and so were their halves. I think we have more immediate improvement in us through our kicking game but we'd want to be better in the air against Duffie and Slater than we were tonight. Tomane is a must and it might be to help Gordon compete against the aerial freakiness that is Duffie. I think I remember reading he was a champion junior high jumper in NZ. We can expect a bomb raid next week over on our left side defence.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I tend to agree with Pete and Karnage. We competed strongly. And we have alot of troops coming back and particularly Friendy, who IS the Titans as far as I am concerned.

I think we are in with a red hot chance against the Storm. I haven't seen the Storm v Manly game yet though, but I am glad that we are not playing them first up.

See you at AAMI Park!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans by 20
    And I wasnt too impressed with the Titans with some aspects of their game tonight although it was stilla decent performance against the premiers with some key players out. We improved our travel record last season and won in Melbourne if I can recall correctly...so MAYBE we can pull off a win and register our first points of the season. not saying titans WILL lose, but some things from tonight will certaintly need to be improved during the week
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I reckon we will beat Melbourne. Their forwards were ordinary tonight and so were their halves. I think we have more immediate improvement in us through our kicking game but we'd want to be better in the air against Duffie and Slater than we were tonight. Tomane is a must and it might be to help Gordon compete against the aerial freakiness that is Duffie. I think I remember reading he was a champion junior high jumper in NZ. We can expect a bomb raid next week over on our left side defence.
    Toops did ok tonight but its obvious that there could be more spark next to Mead. Interesting to note that Mead defended in centres for a fair bit in the 2nd half. There are a whole lot of combos that could be tried - Tomane over with Kev, Michaels over with Mead.

Storm are definitely a shadow of their former self

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertaser View Post
    Capewell needs a lot of work...... Obviously he has to gel with the players and especially with Princey, but he still should of done a lot more then what he did tonight
    A LOT!
    WAY WAY WAY to much pressure on princey, it took capewell 20 mins to get into the attack...
    we need campbell at 5/8, or bird. someone who throws a half decent ball...

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    A LOT!
    WAY WAY WAY to much pressure on princey, it took capewell 20 mins to get into the attack...
    we need campbell at 5/8, or bird. someone who throws a half decent ball...
    Capes put 3 ppl into holes tonight and was backing up all over the place. Bird was a handbrake

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I tend to agree with Pete and Karnage. We competed strongly. And we have alot of troops coming back and particularly Friendy, who IS the Titans as far as I am concerned.

I think we are in with a red hot chance against the Storm. I haven't seen the Storm v Manly game yet though, but I am glad that we are not playing them first up.

See you at AAMI Park!
    Got my accommodation and flights booked..... Cya's there!

Southern Legion: Titans v Storm at AAMI Park Melb (Sat, 19 Mar, 5:30pm). CALL TO ARMS for Titans fans in Melb & those travelling there - join us in Bay 1 (Cat3 reserved, away bay). Tix are $33A, $25C from Ticketek. Time to add some Blue, Yellow & White in Melbourne! (Syl)
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER