Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Well we had a shocker! I can honestly say the whole team was shocking - think everyone made bad passes, dropped balls and defensively well a lot went awol. To our credit - storm were awesome. Every time they made a break there were 3 or more in support and they just spread the ball out so wide and fast we were chasing our tails all night. To our credit - even though we were down and out and the boys were miserable - we didn't give up until the end - 2 trys - no consolation but the effort was there until the end. All of you calling for players heads - yeah lets just change the whole team and start from scratch why don't we - not.
    Yes a terrible game - probably one of the worst in memory and yes there are players out there munching at the bit to get a run but seriously chopping and changing every week is never going to gel our team! Carty is obviously going to be looking at it all this week and we can bounce back from this. Prince - probably the worst I have ever seen him play but to call for his head and kick him out - seriously guys! He had a shocker but so did everyone else! The broncos game is huge - lets all go out and support our boys on their way back. We all knew it was going to be a tough start to the season losing some of our big name players through injury and also starting someone new in the number 6 - its round 2 guys - give the boys a chance to work into the season and if the same things are still happening then its replacement time.
    Last edited by Mushi; 19-03-11 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typos

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The 1st time in my Titans life I walked out of AAMI Stadium with 10 minutes to go Disgusted at their performance.

Not sure how others felt but I thought Carty benched the wrong player it should have never been Bird it should have been Prince easily his worst performance of his career & probaly should have run with Ipswich !!

Very pissed off Titan Supporter!
    wow man i never thought you would walk out no matter how dire the game was, dont blame you thought left once when we were really close to beating manly in 08 but then manly scored like 5 tries ina row and blew us away

Banned

heard esikeli got 2 tries in a 16 all draw with easts tigers

Gee...I can see the emotion coming out of some of these replies! I was equally disappointed by the result and the effort...but in my opinion we lost this game when we got absolutely smashed in the battle to dominate the ruck! Time and time again we would have our forwards turned onto their backs sometimes up to 4-5 times in a set of 6...but their forwards were rarely turned onto their backs therefore they got faster play the balls and Smith, Cronk, Slater and co. just went to town. We just didn't match up attitude wise and we got belted!
    In my opinion games are won firstly in the forwards and we just didn't match up a all.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    In my opinion games are won firstly in the forwards and we just didn't match up a all.
    I think the day of the forwards are over if you get some strong second rowers and build the rest of your team on speed affter the first 20, 30min you will be winning.

Point that I am trying to make is our big strong guys did not dominate the ruck theirs did...I think having a go at Princey is unfair considering the time he was afforded by their defense as opposed to the amount of time we gave Cronk. This all comes back to line speed which comes back to the battle of dominance in the ruck. If you watch the replay you will see the ridiculous amount of times we were turned onto our backs and dominated as opposed to the Storm players being turned onto their backs and therefore being dominated.
    On second thoughts...don't watch the replay...it was that painful.

My grief with Prince is his defense

He is the captain and should lead by example, if he is not willing to even try and defend, what sort of attitude does that instil in others
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

He is the captain and should lead by example, if he is not willing to even try and defend, what sort of attitude does that instil in others
    There was plenty of Titans players on today's performance that just didn't aim up in defense!

Quite right... according to my fantasy team he scored a massive 4 points and missed 7 tackles so i think hell be my 1st trade this week.
    Saying that ill be screaming my lungs out fri night and i know the boys will play better (i also thought capewell was good and harrison excellent)

@ titans, they were woeful.

Prince was horrendous in defence, it aint touch footy brother.

Esi to right centre next week

I agree but it's worst than just bad defence. He almost jumps out of the way.

As far as the game goes. It was more than just getting beaten it was the way they got beaten. The chip kick for a try, then spreading it wide for a try. The looked and were treated like a Toyota Cub team. :boo:

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Ouch, Teke, ouch. I came here hoping you would offer words of hope. You ruined everything.
    I agree, Tonga needs to be included next week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

yep i like members who are willing to criticise their team and not being biased, as we have all agreed we need a big swap around with players and a much better offensive gameplan which i have given examples of, our defense shouldnt be bad if we have good cardiovascular training and we have good attack.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    yep i like members who are willing to criticise their team and not being biased, as we have all agreed we need a big swap around with players and a much better offensive gameplan which i have given examples of, our defense shouldnt be bad if we have good cardiovascular training and we have good attack.
    Yeah, but we are all talking with the benefit of hindsight. It's the emotion assosciated with getting spanked talking. Prince is much better than what he showed tonight. Without knowing tonight's result I would have agreed 100% with the team that took the field tonight. Things didn't go the way we hoped.