Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Just watched the replay. Didn't exactly get the rub of the green in this game either - 3 of 4 tries from kicks.

Dragons 2nd try was quality, i'll give them that. Soward's kick was to perfection to set it up. 3rd try well.... :boo:
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

I usually don't comment until I have watched the replay on T.V., but I won't be able to watch it for a few days. To the people calling for Capewell's head after one game, shame on you. Yes he was below average at time, the kid was obviously very nervous. He was there in support every time someone made a break and if they gave him the ball he was away, but they kept looking the wrong way. Give him chance I think he will be something special.

We had some ordinary decisions go against us, but that did on cost us the game. The game was lost alone on the worst display of last tackle options in a game of NRL that I have ever seen. Our forwards were destroying theirs and it's not often the Dragons get done in that area. Taga, James Bodene were all very strong, I'm sure there will be some very sore Dragons today. The forwards really got the side on top last night and got us into great field position.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Was like being strangled.
    Slowly

I would keep the same side, but our kicking game needs attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

The last 3 or 4 posts are spot on. We outplayed the premiership favourites in every aspect except for kick defusal and last play execution, pretty important areas it turns out.

I can't help but feel we are giving too much ball to our second rowers out wide, stifling our 5/8, centres and wingers and we rarely go second man for our fullback to create. There is a reason every other contender uses that play, it works.

I'd like to see the second rowers wider than the five-eighth not playing it.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Titans forward pack to man handle the drag queens, Titans back line to pile on the points.

I put down my lunch money.
    The more they win by, the more I get back:

Titans 1-12, $20 @ $4
    Titans 12-18, $20 @ $9
    Titans +19, $20 @ $11

Geez........How much do you eat!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The downside was our kicking game , it was rubbish but it can only improve
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    To the people calling for Capewell's head after one game, shame on you.

The forwards really got the side on top last night and got us into great field position.
    I was pretty happy overall, considering we had 3 of our best out. Our kicking game was shabby, to say the least. Almost every in-goal kick went dead without a Titan even looking like getting close, or it was a bomb with no chasers.

Give Capewell a few games to settle in and learn his role within the team out there against real competition. he's there for a reason, but it's not like he is the competition's leading 5/8 that we stole from heaven. He will grow and develop. I hope.

And we had their measure in almost every other facet of the game IMO. But we couldn't finish, and the Dragons just kept shutting us down. I have no doubt we would have had at least 2 more tires with a full strength team, and take away ref's infringement we could be 18 points better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Geez........How much do you eat!
    I was eating my foot after the game.....

Loved the impact from the bench. Our forwards did man handle the drag queens, even Harro put on some decent shots and I think I have a little bit of man love going on for Tagatese

As everyone else said, last play kicking - while the ideas were good most of the time, execution was poor. Keep Capewell, give him some decent time. He showed alot of promise, but like the rest of the backline his execution failed.

Bill Harrigan and Co need to come out and answer for that performance, and TAB need to investigate any pink shirts that come to collect on that game.
    The Zillman obstruction was an obvious one, but other things like not allowing Gordon to quick tap after allowing the Dragons to do the very same thing, also the ******** pushing into Harro when he got pinged for not playing the ball straight....... :boo:
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

our bench > their bench for sure
    thompson is looking good!
    i still think give the number 6 to campbell...

Banned

why cant we defend kicks, they are really not that hard to defend unless you vs someone with flying abilities of folau or inglis, our guys looked confused

i agree with the majority of the posts on here.. our forwards were outstanding especially taga, james and white they should all play next week.. with out that try from the ref anda few better last tackle options and we were right in that

QLD Cup Titan

First game of the season done and dusted. Our defence was pretty impressive I thought - especially considering who was out of the team - our young guns aimed up and did a fantastic job. Capewell was obviously nervous and will need a while to settle in. Prince obviously took on most of the kicking duties and certainly didn't have the best night there. Def need to spread that ball wider when we can, Mead and Gordan look dangerous every time they get a little space - we need to use them as much as possible. Dragons shut down Bird EVERY single time he had the ball but we had them tired in the end. Yes it should have come down to a VERY close scoreline without that sh*thouse call for the try - that was a crock. I can see our attack improving over the next few weeks when our halves start to gel and we get some plays working. Bring on Storm next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about to dive into a replay now but I echo alot of the points raised her.

Heartbreaking to lose at home but we drew the short straw playing the Premiers first up especially after a great pre-season for them ending with the WCC. They are at near full strength. And we are down on key players particularly Nathan Friend. Who I dont think we have won without him.

I think we matched it with them physically but our kicking let us down. Probably need more Presto out there but that is always going to be the way when using Preston as a super sub.

Definitely persist with Luke Capewell.

We conceded a couple of soft tries and that video ref was a farce. So there is no disgrace in defeat last night.

Onwards to Melbourne!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I don't share the same interest in Capewell. Having Bird at 5/8 and Campbell coming in on rotation is the way forward.

We have too many talented forward when fit deserve game time.

For the record, Campbell should not be playing at hooker.

Banned

i like campbell at 5/8, good defender and good spark in attack, persist with capewell for a bit longer though, simple problems and simple answers for the titans, 1. instruct our backs how to defuse bombs its not rocket science all you have to do is jump into the ball where the other person is contesting instead of just watching them or making a bad attempt 2. have a raiders like attack, that attack destroys every teams defense and we desperately need that style for every game and 3. please get our kicking game back up to scratch, we need a long kicker too and i dont know who can do long kicking now, prince is more of a short tactical kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    I don't share the same interest in Capewell. Having Bird at 5/8 and Campbell coming in on rotation is the way forward.

We have too many talented forward when fit deserve game time.

For the record, Campbell should not be playing at hooker.
    Interesting comment re: Campbell. My heart was In my absolute mouth every time he led the chase team down off a kick restart. All the different thoughts say to me is that we have good depth.