12 Bodene Thompson
    13 Ashley Harrison
    14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell

18th Man ?Mark Minichiello
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Steve Michaels
    4 Clinton Toopi
    5 David Mead
    6 Luke Capewell
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Riley Brown
    10 Matthew White
    11 Greg Bird
    12 Bodene Thompson
    13 Ashley Harrison
    14 Michael Henderson
    15 Sam Tagaetese
    16 Ryan James
    17 Preston Campbell

18th Man ?Mark Minichiello
    No surprises there. I'm looking forward to seeing Capewell tear it up.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    No surprises there. I'm looking forward to seeing Capewell tear it up.
    It's the team i was told 2 weeks ago with Meyers the only player in doubt
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    looking forward to your news, i am presuming this man is a "friend" of yours
    He's everyones "Friend" & the news is Great he will be back wearing the 9 in round 4
    #itaintweaktospeak

Dragons

1. Darius Boyd
    2. Brett Morris
    3. Mark Gasnier
    4. Matt Cooper
    5. Jason Nightingale
    6. Jamie Soward
    7. Ben Hornby (c)
    8. Dan Hunt
    9. Nathan Fien
    10. Michael Weyman
    11. Beau Scott
    12. Ben Creagh
    13. Matt Prior

14. Michael Greenfield
    15. Jon Green
    16. Trent Merrin
    17. Kyle Stanley

would of liked to seem tonga or tomane giving a go in the centres, but a good looking lineup

I might have to add Capewell to my fantasy team...

As for the Dragons, their pack is certainly not as imposing as it was with Costigan, Smith and Young all in there. If we can hold our own in the forwards Prince can win it for us.

If our forwards get on top we will get the chocolates impressively.
    Soward and Hornby are not going to look the same behind a forward pack that is not laying the massive foundation they got last year, we saw that at Kogarah when our engine room served it up to them for the full 100 minutes.

I see no reason why the latter can't eventuate.

Capewell wins the race for Titans No.6 jersey
    8/03/2011 2:57:56 PM

New recruit Luke Capewell has been rewarded with the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans No.6 starting jersey for the club?s season opening blockbuster against World Club Champions St George Illawarra Dragons at Skilled Park on Saturday night.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named a strong 18-man squad for the Round 1 clash, with former South Sydney backline utility Capewell to form a new look halves combination with Captain Scott Prince.

Capewell, 21, was one of the standouts for the Jetstar Titans during pre-season trial match wins over Souths (42-4) and North Queensland (24-22) and Cartwright said the Charleville junior had done enough to win the race for five-eighth spot left vacant by the retirement of Dual International Mat Rogers at the end of last season.

?I thought he had a really good off-season. He didn?t miss any time at all during the off-season and I thought he was probably the most impressive in the No.6 jumper of the guys that were competing for that position in the trials,?? said Cartwright.

With Capewell lining up at five-eighth, Australian Kangaroos representative Greg Bird shifts to the back row while speedster William Zillman has been given the nod at fullback despite missing the club?s pre-season trial matches due to a minor back injury.

?I thought Zillman had a tremendous off-season but he was unable to play in the trials due to a back complaint,?? said Cartwright.

?He was in tremendous form last year at fullback or on the wing so I thought it was about time he was given an opportunity to cement that spot.??

Cartwright said the inclusion of livewire Preston Campbell on the interchange bench was a valuable asset for the Jetstar Titans heading into their first assignment for 2011.

?He played at hooker throughout the trials and he can cover so many crucial positions. When you get an injury in the halves in the course of the game at hooker or at fullback, it?s hard to carry someone who just plays that position on the bench.

?So to have a guy of Presto?s quality that can play at six, seven, hooker or fullback ? I don?t think there would be many clubs that would have that luxury.??

Back rower Mark Minichiello has been included on a five-man interchange bench and will be given until the team?s final training session on Friday morning to prove his fitness as he works his way back following off-season groin surgery.

titans.com.au

Awesome side, i am as confident as i have ever been.

Titans by 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Wow Im delighted to see Luke has been given a go straight up. Very impressive. I hope the halves combination with Prince gels.

No surprises really, looks like we are playing conservative, which is best when we are down on troops, especially key ones.

And we see Preston as our Super Sub. I can't wait for him to flash onto the field and switch gears on the unsuspecting Dragons. He can also cover many positions, so is an authenic utility.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Former Dragon Bailey Primed For Encounter

Gold Coast Titans prop Luke Bailey is excited by the prospect of squaring-up against his former Club the St George Illawara Dragons this Saturday in the opening-round NRL clash at Skilled Park, Gold Coast.

The Shellharbour junior began his NRL career with the Dragons in 2000, totalling 119 appearances for the Club in his seven-season tenure, before heading north to join the Titans in 2007.

?It?ll be very exciting playing against the old boys,? said Bailey

?I?ve always said I look forward to playing against them as everyone does [playing against a former team].

?To get them in Round 1 and to play them after what they have done is going to be a good challenge for us and to see where we are at.

?The Dragons have had a few good trials and a win overseas.

?There?s since been talk they might come over here a little bit tired and wounded from that game [against Wigan] but I know they won?t so I?m prepared for a big game.?

Watch the full video interview with Luke Bailey on the Dragons TV Bigpond Player.

Source: http://www.dragons.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Awesome side, i am as confident as i have ever been.

Titans by 30.
    Bloody hell! By 30! I reckon you'd get pretty good odds at 29.5 start for the Dragons.

Luke Capewell was awesome at Coffs. I had no idea who he was until i asked Titan Pete. I just saw some youngen' carving them up and thought, this guy looks alright! Hope he can do the same on Saturday.

I'm loving this side. Maybe only the inclusion of Tomane or Tonga would've had me more excited but Mead, Toopi and Michaels should be just fine. The pack looks fresh and exciting. I'm sure Tomane, Tonga and Shannon Walker will get their chance at some stage but let's hope we give it to the Dragons and make those markets fluctuate. I predict a 13+ victory to the Titans!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Im seriously disappointed for Shannon. Now he has to go and play in the Q cup dribble. Good predictable team and I think they will beat the Dragons on Sat night.

It was announced that more than 24k tickets have been sold already so how good would it be if we could nearly sell out a Saturday night game
    #itaintweaktospeak