Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

#### yer only 2 more weekends to go and it will be round 1 im so excited
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 25-02-11 at 10:09 PM.

Box Offices Open: 3.40pm
    Gates Open: 4.10pm
    Under 20?s Kick Off: 4.15pm
    Main Game Kick Off: 6.30pm
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Dragons trophy cabinet.

Default Latest silverware testimony to Dragons' commitment

Latest silverware testimony to Dragons' commitment

DRAGONS hooker Nathan Fien has dismissed the naysayers who have already written off the side's premiership defence, declaring they're ready to buck history under the last coach to go back-to-back.

The all-conquering Dragons returned home yesterday with their latest silverware - the World Club Challenge trophy - to add to the Telstra Cup, JJ Giltinan Shield and Charity Shield.

And while critics have been quick to condemn their chances of going back-to-back, Fien says the 21-15 World Club Challenge victory over Wigan showed they were ready to defend their title.

No side has gone back-to-back in a united competition since Wayne Bennett's Broncos in 1992-93.

And Fien says there's no reason why St George Illawarra can't defy the odds and defend their title.

"We've definitely still got the hunger there," Fien told The Daily Telegraph. "It showed on the weekend where we were under the pump but we were still able to turn the Wigan attack away and we didn't let any points in the second half, and that's what we base around. So if that can continue we're going to give ourselves a good opportunity to win a lot of games this year."

Quizzed about the difficulty of defending the crown, Fien said: "The odds are against us to go back-to-back, but you can't worry about that.

"Last year is done.

"We'll be out there working hard week in, week out. We know how much hard work is ahead."

Fien said Bennett has been pushing the side harder this year: "He hasn't let the foot off the pedal at all," the 31-year-old said.

"If anything it's been pushed down further."

Fien said despite the attention paid to the World Club Challenge, the side's pre-season focused squarely on preparing for round one against the Gold Coast.

And as if to underline the point, the team was back training this morning, less than 24 hours after arriving back in Sydney.

Fien said the premiership and World Club Challenge were now confined to history: "The club challenge was a bit of a reward for what we did last year," he said.

"It was great to win it, the experience over there was something that everyone will remember for the rest of their lives.

"But we've got the Titans at home in just over a week, so it's business as usual now.

"We haven't won anything this year in terms of the NRL and everyone's starting on a level playing field. We've got to start again and work really hard to earn the points week in and week out."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

Luke Bailey says Titans want nothing short of a grand final appearance this season

TITANS pack leader Luke Bailey has declared nothing short of a grand final appearance is acceptable this season as the Gold Coast prepare to kick off their premiership campaign against defending champions St George Illawarra at Skilled Park on Saturday.

After consecutive top four finishes the past two years, Bailey said the Titans were determined to start 2011 with a bang by toppling the Dragons and setting the tone for a successful season ahead.

"We want nothing short of the grand final this year so we plan on starting big," the former NSW and Test prop said.

"They have played some tough trials as well as winning the World Club Challenge, so they are already playing some good footy.

"We have had a couple of sloppy games against Souths and the Cowboys, so this will be good to see where we are at for the year."

It may still be five days out from the season-opening blockbuster but the Titans are already under siege.

The entire away supporters bay behind the goal posts at the southern end of Skilled Park has already been sold out, with tickets snapped up by the Dragons' faithful.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au

Unfortunately due to a lack of funds I was not able to buy tickets earlier than now. This has caused me to miss out on the away supporters bay. Looking at the seating map, they only have Titanium, Gold and Steel sections, but Sand is also available for purchase. Where is the sand section?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Where is the sand section?
    All of the corners are Sand. For example, section 27/27-1, which is the NE corner. My part of town.

It is always nuts at the start of the year ey Steeler. Just recover from Christmas and you get hit by footy. It gets particularly expensive when you want to pencil in an away trip and also want to get Test Match and Origin tickets.

Are you in Section 27 this year Whiz? I finish my "lap" with my flag after we score a try there. We need to work together to improve the atmosphere in the north-east section of the stadium.

Minichiello aims for Dragons clash
    Jake Dew | March 8th, 2011

Mark Minichiello could make a return in time to face the might of St George, with Titans coach John Cartwright set to today name the durable backrower in an 18-man squad to face the world champions at Skilled Park on Saturday.

Determined to fight his way back from off-season groin surgery in time for Round 1, Minichiello looks set to win that battle after training strongly yesterday.

While the rest of the Titans NRL squad left the Station Reserve training facility early yesterday morning, Cartwright stayed put with his 18-man squad, which included Minichiello and Rabbitohs recruit Luke Capewell, who appears set the be handed first crack in the No. 6.

Riley Brown will make just his fifth appearance for the Titans at hooker in the absence of Nathan Friend while David Mead returns after missing the end of 2010 with an ankle injury.

But the availability of Minichiello -- who together with Friend and winger Kevin Gordon played every match for the Titans last season -- appears to be the only sticking point for the coach, with interchange forwards Sam Tagataese or Ryan James likely to miss out if the NSW City Origin star is declared fit.

"He (Minichiello) will have a good, tough week but he's just a bit behind in the preparation the other guys have done," said Cartwright, while refusing to rule out the 29-year-old.

"There's 18 there but we'll name the side to make sure we know where all the players stand.

"There's a lot made of picking (a Round 1) side and it's a big occasion for the blokes who make it."

"It's game one of 24, and hopefully semi finals and grand finals, (and) the guys who make the first side have probably had the best preparation."

"But it's a long long season and very comforting to know we have a lot of guys who are going to be coming back in the side through the rest of the season."

With star forward Friend, Anthony Laffranchi and Brad Meyers still to come back into Cartwright's selection calculations, regardless of their availability big prop Luke Bailey said as far as big games go they don't come much bigger than this weekend.

And he says St George, who endured the extra pressure of the travelling to England for last week's World Club Challenge final, would approach the match in exactly the same manner.

"There was talk that they might come over here a little bit tired, a little bit wounded from that game (against Wigan) but I know they won't and I'm preparing for a big game," he said of the Dragons.

"You hear all the excuses in the world but once you tie them laces up and get on the field you forget about all the excuses and you have a crack at them."

"In the back of our minds it would be nice if they were tired."

"But I'm tipping the Wayne Bennett team will have them pretty pumped up and ready to continue the success of what they've achieved over the last 18 months."

www.goldocast.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

I will probably come to this game, it'll be very interesting and its been a while since i've been to a game.

This is good news, Mini as good as back, if not this game most likely next. I've heard Laffranchi may be back for round 2 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    This is good news, Mini as good as back, if not this game most likely next. I've heard Laffranchi may be back for round 2 as well.
    i will have some news today & hopefully good news on our most important missing man
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    i will have some news today & hopefully good news on our most important missing man
    looking forward to your news, i am presuming this man is a "friend" of yours

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    ***SPOILER ALERT***
    Yes, I have purchased Sand membership and will be in section 27-1. Sorry to break it before you Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Are you in Section 27 this year Whiz? I finish my "lap" with my flag after we score a try there. We need to work together to improve the atmosphere in the north-east section of the stadium.
    Yes mate. Back "home".

OK, seriously keen to hear the real news Pete. We'll need as much good news out there on Sat as we can get!