Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I do feel for GCU. They deserve better than the crowds they have been getting. All the A-League clubs do. I can't help but feel that Clive Palmer's anti-Titans stance early on didn't help matters though. It is pretty hard to win the hearts of a city when you bash their most popular team in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    I do feel for GCU. They deserve better than the crowds they have been getting. All the A-League clubs do. I can't help but feel that Clive Palmer's anti-Titans stance early on didn't help matters though. It is pretty hard to win the hearts of a city when you bash their most popular team in the media.
    I think that is a pretty accurate summary Steelers.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I think that is a pretty accurate summary Steelers.
    Well I am/was going......Bloody rain won't help with the crowds either....Hopefully they get 8+ at least....

.....see how fickle I am...I think most of the people who have 'purchased' their tickets are probably as fickle......unfortunately.

Little investment means little committment. If they shelled out $30-$40 for a ticket they'd be encouraged to go.

If they break 10,000 in this weather it will be a success.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

rained and got called of after 20 mins :|

lol

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    lol
    I must have lost the plot......what part of this is funny?

Weather really conspired against GCU, but got an impressive 10,000 but still got postponed. Not sure what this means for the future. Not sure how they will fit in postponed games.

I cant remember the last time a Rugby League game in Australia was postponed, playing mainly in winter probably helps.

U gotta love Palmer, he is now blaming the state of the pitch was not due to bad weather but it's maintenance :boo:

Do us a favour & move to Carrara or Darwin
    #itaintweaktospeak

dude did u see the state of the pitch is was horrible

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

I was at the game and the state of the pith was ridiculous, if he titans came out and played a team on that heads would fly.... both teams would grill the ground staff.
    And i still dont see why everyone bags the GCU so their dumb owner said his bad words about the Titans - this is the same guy who sued the Local Government...you cant hate a club cause of the person that owns it

If you have been to a game you would notice that crowd of 1600 beats a Titans crowd of 24,000 screaming which is sad from a Titans point of view.

And the titans arnt far behind in struggling clubs debt is building with most NRL clubs - and memberships where down last yr if anyone remembers. Locals need to back their local clubs and the NRL rivalry is AFL if anyone has forgotten not A LEAGUE

The anger should be going against the Suns who btw have already passed 10,000 members for next yr...
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    I was at the game and the state of the pith was ridiculous, if he titans came out and played a team on that heads would fly.... both teams would grill the ground staff.
    And i still dont see why everyone bags the GCU so their dumb owner said his bad words about the Titans - this is the same guy who sued the Local Government...you cant hate a club cause of the person that owns it

If you have been to a game you would notice that crowd of 1600 beats a Titans crowd of 24,000 screaming which is sad from a Titans point of view.

And the titans arnt far behind in struggling clubs debt is building with most NRL clubs - and memberships where down last yr if anyone remembers. Locals need to back their local clubs and the NRL rivalry is AFL if anyone has forgotten not A LEAGUE

The anger should be going against the Suns who btw have already passed 10,000 members for next yr...
    I've never heard suck Crap , put a few hundred people in an Empty Stadium & the echo will make them sound loud so don't kid yourself about the power of a handle full of GCU supporters against 20k + Titans Fans

& yes i have been to 1 match & the quality of the game is why i wouldn't return..

Clive Palmer is the reason they'll never get the support they deserve or need..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

pfft PETE that is a load of bull**** even the 10000 yesterday with no echo made more noise

and yeh they deserve the support but wingers like you are the reason they don't get support

and you cant compare a soccer game from EPL compare to A League they completely different - even i think the quality is poorer
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    pfft PETE that is a load of bull**** even the 10000 yesterday with no echo made more noise

and yeh they deserve the support but wingers like you are the reason they don't get support

and you cant compare a soccer game from EPL compare to A League they completely different - even i think the quality is poorer

U should do Stand up
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I must have lost the plot......what part of this is funny?
    Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    rained and got called of after 20 mins :|
    This part.