Default 'Appalling' photo of Canberra Raider prompts NRL investigation

'Appalling' photo of Canberra Raider prompts NRL investigation
    By staff writers
    The Daily Telegraph
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/b...-1225947788410

THE Canberra Raiders are investigating an alleged major incident involving a star player on the club's Mad Monday celebrations.

Raiders chief executive Don Furner held a press conference in Canberra today to address an alleged photograph that has been doing the rounds in relation to a star player.

The NRL has launched an investigation into the incident.

Furner today claimed to be "dumbfounded" and "appalled" if the image is proven to be true - but stressed he was yet to see the photo personally.

The photo was posted on social network site Twitter by a Melbourne radio station but has since been removed.

''If he did it, it is something he will live with for the rest of his life," Furner said.

'We don?t know whether it's authentic but I am as appalled as everyone else.

"If he did do it, I don't know why he would do it."

The Raiders are continuing to investigate the photo and The Daily Telegraph will keep you updated as the story develops.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

The photo I got is only 150x150 pixels so I cant tell if it is genuine or not, but it doesnt look good......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

It was a dog act by Monaghan

Absolutely disgusting. Can him, deregister him.

We say we can replace quality players that defect, well we can replace "quality" players who play up.

I just can not fathom this utter stupidity. And I feel sorry for our game, once again becoming a joke. And for the Canberra Raiders and their fans.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The photo I got is only 150x150 pixels so I cant tell if it is genuine or not, but it doesnt look good......

i haven't seen it yet ,,,,Send it me & i'll give u a 2nd opinion
    #itaintweaktospeak

Statement from Joel Monaghan

NRL.com Thu, 04 Nov 2010 18:00:00
    Joel Monaghan has issued a statement through his manager Jim Banaghan today expressing both remorse and disgust at an alcohol fuelled prank that led to images being circulated across social networks today.

“Joel can’t blame anyone but himself for an act of stupidity that will haunt him for the rest of his life,” Manager Jim Banaghan said today.

“Joel wants to make it clear that he was the one playing a prank on an absent team mate by simulating the act.

“There are no words of explanation that can be offered because none can be appropriate.

“Joel has to now face his family as well as fans and supporters with that shame and has already undergone counselling to help him cope with the consequences of what has happened.

“It was a moment of abject stupidity brought about by too much drink and a complete lack of any thought process.

“The fact that someone has sought to compound the situation further by the use of social media only adds to the trauma but Joel accepts that it is his actions alone that are at fault.

“He apologises unreservedly for the outrage that people feel at the moment and blames nobody but himself.

“He will meet the club over the issue and accepts that there must be ramifications but the fact is he is not in a fit emotional state to have those discussions at the moment.

“Joel is a genuinely good person who is simply shattered by a moment of sheer madness.”
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    i haven't seen it yet ,,,,Send it me & i'll give u a 2nd opinion
    PM sent.
    Probably a good thing the low resolution hides the 'minor' detail.....
    Sick ****, I hope he gets mass ridicule for the rest of his life

Hide your pups, hide your dogs, cuz Monaghan be rapin errbody dogs yo!

pitty it wasnt video... am sure they were playing elvis in the background - "nothing but a hound dog"
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Signed a one year deal with Warrington Wolves
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Old news I know and probably should be dropped and although I did see other photos (poor quality), this is by far the clearest......I originally thought it was just simulated.... i.e. The dog got close and someone took a happy snap but that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://www.121s.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=44554