Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

This thread was posted at 6.53pm Today, and already 330 have viewed it and 59 repiles have been received. Now 60.

Is Gower guilty? - who knows.
    Is the Media guilty? - who knows.
    Is the Titans Forum fuelling the fire - you decide.

I am tired of 'knuckle head' footballers who should know how to behave- end of story. And the media (all forms) - who'll say anything to sell a story.

Enough already.
    " Bourbon is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy ".

He can play good football sometimes... :fyi:

i heard that Tom was cheating on Nicole,
    I thought this was a football forum, and not 'womens weekly'. I know that sometimes we as the public think that we have a right to these peoples public life, But i dont think we do.

We follow a TEAM, not a player, they come and go, and i am sure as hell if i follow any of you around with a camera long enough i could fill 10 newspapers, the only difference is that people like us are more interested in people like Gower.

Media in Australia and all over the world, is nothing more than an advertisment for choas, and im personaly sick of being bombarded with garbage while the Earth gets destroyed from real issuses.

Quote Originally Posted by In-Cyde #1
    This thread was posted at 6.53pm Today, and already 330 have viewed it and 59 repiles have been received. Now 60.

Is Gower guilty? - who knows.
    Is the Media guilty? - who knows.
    Is the Titans Forum fuelling the fire - you decide.

I am tired of 'knuckle head' footballers who should know how to behave- end of story. And the media (all forms) - who'll say anything to sell a story.

Enough already.
    In-Clyde #1

You have one of two options in relation to this topic:

1. Discuss the topic at hand or

2. Ignore the thread and let it run it's own course with the knowledge the moderator team will ensure the 'fuel' being added to the fire is within reason.

Members of this forum have every right to discuss/debate this issue as more details come to hand (not suggesting you have alluded to the fact they cannot) - this is the very reason rugby league forums exist, to discuss topics/issues at hand on and off the field.

Is the Titans Forum adding fuel to the fire? No. We are though providing an avenue where the rugby league fan can air his or her opinion on this topic as are 99% of the forums (if not all) out there are as well. The majority of posts in this thread are on track and will continue to be until the issue is put to bed.

DeeGan

Well after hearing all that has happened and hearing that Levy is headed up to the Coast to launch an investigation.. I am ashamed at Craig Gower for these actions... which are looking at being more true... this is disgraceful behaviour... yes playing with a drink is ok.. but groping innocent girls and abusing people is not on..

He is a footballer.. and he should know better and before the forever trotted out speel comes out about how footballers should behave in public.. I will not say that but say this..

IF THIS WAS TO OCCUR and was done by any member of the General Public.. severe punishment would result... it is not right for ANYONE to act like this to another person.. I don't care if they are a footballer or not.. IT IS NOT ON..

"Innocent until proven guilty" Bulldog_Titan311 - tread carefully in what your typing on this topic

DeeGan

Yes forgot about that... sorry... I will refrain from saying anymore till it is proven..

Like I said I have my backside firmly planted on the most massivest fence until either the NRL have the full report in their hands or the police release some findings. Till then it could be rumour and innuendo - it could be truth who knows.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Like I said I have my backside firmly planted on the most massivest fence until either the NRL have the full report in their hands or the police release some findings. Till then it could be rumour and innuendo - it could be truth who knows.
    agreed. BUT...after dawn fraser has came out as a witness i know which way im leaning.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    agreed. BUT...after dawn fraser has came out as a witness i know which way im leaning.

Even then Ill wait until the police\NRL report is done - wouldnt be the first time someone thought they saw something happen but it was actually something else.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Even then Ill wait until the police\NRL report is done - wouldnt be the first time someone thought they saw something happen but it was actually something else.
    True but those people have something to gain..where as dawn doesnt, from what i can gather, plus dawn is a very respected women who i wouldnt see making up this type of thing. But like you i will wait untill an "internal investigation" is done (and we all know how internal investigations work out in rugby league ).

Default Gower 'drunk, out of control'

Quote Originally Posted by www.foxsports.com.au
    OLYMPIC champion Dawn Fraser said yesterday that Penrith captain Craig Gower was "drunk and out of control" on the night he is alleged to have groped a teenage girl.

Gower, who is marrying NRL Footy Show regular Amanda Flynn in three weeks, had been celebrating his buck's weekend.

Panthers chief executive Mick Leary yesterday flew to the Sunshine Coast to interview witnesses, as part of the club's investigation.

Leary will quiz resort staff on what they saw.

He will also try to speak to Pearce and his family, who are holidaying on the Sunshine Coast. Pearce and his son Mitchell confronted Gower over the alleged misconduct.

Fraser last night told Channel 9 Pearce "was furious, absolutely furious" over Gower's behaviour towards his children.

"Gower chased (Mitchell) with a bottle," she said. "People saw it and thought, 'What on Earth is happening'.

"I think he should apologise to Junior's (Pearce's) daughter."

Gower refused to comment when approached outside his single-storey Glenmore Park home yesterday morning.

Instead he and model fiancee Amanda Flynn sped from their quiet cul-de-sac street in a Porsche four-wheel drive.
    Leary, an 18-year veteran of the New South Wales police service, is due back in Penrith tonight.

He has spoken to Gower, but is yet to formally interview the Panther's highest-paid star.

Gower was dropped from the Australia Test team in 1999 after exposing himself to a tourist, and was fined $3000 for breaking curfew on last year's NSW State of Origin camp.

While it is possible the 27-year-old international could have his rich contract terminated, some club insiders are confident he will survive.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said he was awaiting a "full report" of Gower's behaviour before sanctions were handed down.
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html
    This is just a bit of extra info on this story. Its interesting to read the some club insiders are confident that Gower will survive. Either he hasnt done anything or he is going to get away with it. Hopefully its the first case.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    This is just a bit of extra info on this story. Its interesting to read the some club insiders are confident that Gower will survive. Either he hasnt done anything or he is going to get away with it. Hopefully its the first case.
    They are confident because its an inside investigation. No details will be released to the media....we will all be kept in the dark and be told "gower did nothing wrong". And if he is found guilty(HAHAHA) by his club then the worst thing that will happen is he may have the captaincy stripped and get a fine...no way they are going to sack their best player.

thats why the police should be doing an investigation. I find it hard to understand why noone would complain to the cops if someone had done what they allege gower of doing..

They are confident because its an inside investigation. No details will be released to the media....we will all be kept in the dark and be told "gower did nothing wrong". And if he is found guilty(HAHAHA) by his club then the worst thing that will happen is he may have the captaincy stripped and get a fine...no way they are going to sack their best player.
    :angry: i hate these sort of things....Everyone except the police know about the events that possibly occured! If any of the events did occur to non rugby league player im sure the police would have become involved.

And you are right super cronk if he is found guilty(HAHAHA) he will just get a public slap on the wrist and given community service similar to Minichello

Dawn is no stranger to disobedience, she shouldn't be quick to judge others!
    Dont get me wrong Cronk as I mean know disrespect to our beloved Dawn as she served Australia well but she has been in the spotlight for things other then swimming. -> http://www.wesleymission.org.au/reac...ons/fraser.asp

Apparently she didnt see any alledged groping, but she did see him behaving badly, she only found out about the groping the next day after talking with the girl(who was very upset)

It should be interesting to see how far this goes in the way of sackings etc as has just signed a 5yr deal and I'm not sure if they have many halves out that way. Maybe it's just been a slow few weeks in the way of rugby league news and maybe it will die down. I guess only time will tell.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Kingytek
    Dawn is no stranger to disobedience, she shouldn't be quick to judge others!
    Dont get me wrong Cronk as I mean know disrespect to our beloved Dawn as she served Australia well but she has been in the spotlight for things other then swimming. -> http://www.wesleymission.org.au/reac...ons/fraser.asp

Apparently she didnt see any alledged groping, but she did see him behaving badly, she only found out about the groping the next day after talking with the girl(who was very upset)

It should be interesting to see how far this goes in the way of sackings etc as has just signed a 5yr deal and I'm not sure if they have many halves out that way. Maybe it's just been a slow few weeks in the way of rugby league news and maybe it will die down. I guess only time will tell.
    Yeah i didnt say she witnessed the groping but she did see him acting like and idiot.

Ok i read that link...and i read most of it and it seems her troubles were back in the day...plus smacking someone in the face with a pillow and wearing white instead of green isnt all that bad, but yes she has done some stupid stuff while being drunk....but again that was a long time ago she has obviously matured a hell of alot since then..and if she says she saw something then so be it, what she did years ago doesnt mean she is making the gower claims up (not saying you said that). But her claims should be taken seriously.