Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I would suggest reading ALL pages in this thread

The above piece I quoted was the opening post, more accusations have been made against Penrith's Craig Gower.

DeeGan
    Oky Doky i will thanks. cya. Merry x-mas.
    Last edited by Clifford87; 22-12-05 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Snafu

Default NRL calls for Gower probe

Quote Originally Posted by foxsports.com.au
    NATIONAL Rugby League chief executive David Gallop says he wants a full investigation from Penrith into allegations halfback Craig Gower groped the daughter of rugby league legend Wayne Pearce at a charity golf event.

Gallop today said he was waiting on a "full report" from the club on the Panthers skipper's behaviour at this week's Jack Newton Celebrity Classic on the Sunshine Coast.

Gower was at the presentation dinner for the event at Twin Waters resort when the alleged incident occurred.

Channel 9 reported that the 27-year-old had groped the woman and later became involved in separate heated altercations with both the former player and his son.

It was further alleged that Gower was kicked out of the official function, had walked around the resort naked and crashed a golf cart.

Gower also reportedly threw a knife at other resort guests before being kicked out of the official function on Sunday night.

"I expect a full investigation from the club and the club has assured us we will get one," Gallop said.

"At the moment we are waiting on a full report from the club."

Penrith football manager Mick Leary is reportedly seeking a meeting with Pearce.

"At the moment I have no comment until I finish the inquiry. I am hoping to do that as quickly as I can," Leary said.
    He said the inquiry would take "at least several days to complete".

"Until our investigation is complete there is nothing more I can say," Leary said.

Gower's manager Greg Willett said his client had held his buck's night at the event.

Gower is set to marry long-time girlfriend and rugby league Footy Show regular Amanda "Lady Luck" Flynn in three weeks.

A spokeswoman for the Golf Classic initially said there wasn't any trouble at the event.

"They all get on the drink and it is that time of year where they are winding down from their busy schedules. There's no trouble at all and there never has been at this event," she said.

But tournament host Jack Newton yesterday admitted Gower had "crossed the line".

"Unfortunately Craig Gower probably crossed the line on one occasion and has instigated a media circus around what are essentially unsubstantiated allegations," he said.

Penrith skipper Gower was thrown out of the Australia rugby league team for exposing himself to a tourist in 1999 and fined $3000 for breaking a New South Wales rugby league curfew last year.
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford87
    If Gower was on holidays then i cant see anything wrong, if he can slam a ball down the middle of the fairway pisquallied then i would reccomend all pro golfers gets smashed before a tournament. cya.
    See this is where some people are getting mixed up.

What he did that is fine:

-drank alcohol.
    -played golf whiel maybe being a bit tipsy
    -had a bucks WEEK

Thats all fine.

What he allegedly did that is not fine:

-grope a 17 yr old
    -throw a knife at someone
    - walk around a resort nude
    - crashed a golf cart

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk

-grope a 17 yr old
    - crashed a golf cart
    If he indeed did the above then the full force of the law should be applied. No more coverups rugby league fans have had enough of this nonsense.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

See this is where some people are getting mixed up.

What he did that is fine:

-drank alcohol.
    -played golf whiel maybe being a bit tipsy
    -had a bucks WEEK

Thats all fine.

-grope a 17 yr old
    - crashed a golf cart
    IMO what he did and allegedly did both roll into a great bucks night, and would most likely have happened at ANYONES bucks night. Sure, the 17yr old would most likely be replaced with an 18 or 19yr old, but it happens, and until the police are actually investigating the alleged incidents, I don't believe a word of it.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Titans#1
    IMO what he did and allegedly did both roll into a great bucks night, and wouls most likely have happened at ANYONES bucks night. Sure, the 17yr old would most likely be replaced with an 18 or 19yr old, but it happens, and untill the police are actually investigating the alleged incidents, I don't believe a word of it.
    Well it was a bucks week...this kind of alleged behaviour happen over a several day time frame. ive never been to a bucks night/week but im not sure if many would involved throwing knifes and groping other women...but i dont know ive never been to one.

Im not really saying i believe it or not, but i also think where there is smoke there is fire, esp if you have done similar things in the past.

For the penrith clubs sake i hope they get this worked out soon.

Having been to a few bucks nights - the only part of the above that I have never seen was the knife throwing, the nudity, groping and cart crashing are far from unusuall. That aside its time the players realise they have a responsibilty as role models to behave in a squeaky clean manner. They may winge and whine about the extra scrutiny and they are probably right - they have a choice though, if they dont like it retire. It's a fact of life in this country that our sporting stars are held in such high regards and under such public scrutiny that they must behave in a maaner which is appropriate, dont like the heat then get out of the fire.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Having been to a few bucks nights - the only part of the above that I have never seen was the knife throwing, the nudity, groping and cart crashing are far from unusuall. That aside its time the players realise they have a responsibilty as role models to behave in a squeaky clean manner. They may winge and whine about the extra scrutiny and they are probably right - they have a choice though, if they dont like it retire. It's a fact of life in this country that our sporting stars are held in such high regards and under such public scrutiny that they must behave in a maaner which is appropriate, dont like the heat then get out of the fire.
    Exactly..esp a player who donates so much time and effort into the panthers on the prowl foundation...and those kids really look up to him.

Apparently the Police say they cannot act because they haven't recieved any formal complaints. Do you think by allegedly throwing a knife is enough reason to call in the police?
    This then has to make you think about how this even occured, has this been an embellishment by the witnesses? Did it fall off his plate and landed on someone?

I just think that if he intentially threw a knife at a person then the Police would have been called in.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    I have a feeling that the knife throwing was a party game, like pin the tail on the donkey.
    As said before, if he threw a knife intentionally, it would have been reported, especially now that all this is being dragged out.

I don't know why Gower ,with the money he's on,just didn't go rent a 10 acre farm for the week.Gowey could've run around nude until his nuts fell off ,threw knives anywhere he wanted too,get absolutely smashed,hit golf balls in any direction,and hire 10 hookers and grope them......and no one would care. :satan:

Titan CEO

Well tonight on the news dawn fraser come forward as she was at the party...and said "he was chasing him with a bottle"(dawn fraser) when asked about gower trying to fight mitchell pearce.

She also said she was with wayne pearce's daughter the very next morning and she was very upset at what had happen, and wayne was "furious".

Well tonight on the news dawn fraser come forward as she was at the party...and said "he was chasing him with a bottle"(dawn fraser) when asked about gower trying to fight mitchell pearce.

She also said she was with wayne pearce's daughter the very next morning and she was very upset at what had happen, and wayne was "furious".
    She didn't say she was at the party, she said she was at the golf day.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    She didn't say she was at the party, she said she was at the golf day.
    She siad it happen the night before....i dont know what it is a function/party/ celebration what ever you call them.

So what im trying to say is i assume it was the night before as she said that the next day she was consoling the daughter.

Titan CEO

Ah i just checked ninemsn and it says she said the groping took place that night. my apologies...i mis-heard it:

Swimming great Dawn Fraser late Thursday told the Nine Network that she consoled "Junior" Pearce's 17-year-old daughter at a dinner for the Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Classic at Peregian Waters.

She also claimed Gower threatened Pearce's son Mitchell with a bottle at the event where Fraser was also a special guest.
    But all the same...chasing someone during the day is no different to at night.