Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Futhermore, if you are going to be a moderator within these forums then I suggest you take more care in quoting forum users etc.

E.G "MEDIA has proven him guilty"

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Kingytek
    Again - Please highlight for me where I said MEDIA has proven him guilty
    Ok you didnt say it in those exact words with all the capital letters...but agian for the visualy impaired:

I mean when it comes to the media, anyone in NRL in trouble it's guilty before proven innocent
    Its the exact same thing.

If you say so! Good luck with that whole moderator thing.

Get the thread back on track from this point onward.

Kingytek, if you have a problem a member of the moderator team contact myself via PM or email to discuss. Bringing it to the open forum brings nothing positive to the debate your having.

BTW, a post like this is not needed: "Futhermore, if you are going to be a moderator within these forums then I suggest you take more care in quoting forum users etc." I will look after in-house forum issues Again, if you have a issue with a member or one of the moderators let me know about it - being perceived as a forum cop is not something I would be encouraging from a member.

Thanks

DeeGan

Titan CEO

and on that note:

GOWER INVESTIGATION TO TAKE SEVERAL DAYS

Source: Panthers.com.au

Dec 22 ? Penrith?s general manager for Rugby League, Mick Leary, said today that it will take at least several days to complete an inquiry into allegations about the behaviour of Craig Gower during a charity golf tournament on the Sunshine Coast earlier this week.

Craig took part in the tournament while on holiday.

?Until our investigation is complete there is nothing more I can say,? Mick said.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    and on that note:

GOWER INVESTIGATION TO TAKE SEVERAL DAYS

Source: Panthers.com.au

Dec 22 ? Penrith?s general manager for Rugby League, Mick Leary, said today that it will take at least several days to complete an inquiry into allegations about the behaviour of Craig Gower during a charity golf tournament on the Sunshine Coast earlier this week.

Craig took part in the tournament while on holiday.

?Until our investigation is complete there is nothing more I can say,? Mick said.
    In the article it says "....during a charity golf tournament on the Sunshine Coast earlier this week." But supposedly the alleged groping and other incidents took place the 2 nights before....

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Get the thread back on track from this point onward.

Kingytek, if you have a problem a member of the moderator team contact myself via PM or email to discuss. Bringing it to the open forum brings nothing positive to the debate your having.

BTW, a post like this is not needed: "Futhermore, if you are going to be a moderator within these forums then I suggest you take more care in quoting forum users etc." I will look after in-house forum issues Again, if you have a issue with a member or one of the moderators let me know about it - being perceived as a forum cop is not something I would be encouraging from a member.

Thanks

DeeGan
    No worries

Default Gower scandal erupts

Quote Originally Posted by foxsports.com.au
    PENRITH Panthers star Craig Gower has been accused of a string of misbehaviour including harassing the 17-year-old daughter of league legend Wayne Pearce.

Just three weeks before his marriage to long-time girlfriend Amanda Flynn, a regular Footy Show (NRL) guest, the Penrith star has been caught in a major controversy.

The allegations include throwing a knife at other guests during a dinner, harassing the partner of a high-profile journalist, harassing Pearce's daughter as well as being drunk during a golf tournament, damaging a golf cart and being nude on the course at the Twin Waters Resort on the Sunshine Coast.

Gower allegedly misbehaved in Queensland while celebrating his bucks week and playing in the Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Tournament.

Pearce reportedly confronted Gower the next morning after the alleged incident involving his daughter. Pearce offered "no comment" when contacted last night.

Penrith Football Club has launched an investigation into Gower's behaviour.

Jack Newton issued a statement last night in which he said: "Unfortunately Craig Gower probably crossed the line on one occasion and has instigated a media circus around what are essentially unsubstantiated allegations."

Gower's manager Greg Willett defended his client last night.

"He denies it, he says that's not how it was. I can only vouch for his character," Mr Willett said.

"It was his bucks week, everyone was buying him beers, he had two days of the bucks party and things like that."
    Penrith general manager Mick Leary has already started the investigation and said the matter would be referred to the club board, while the NRL has also asked for a report.

"We'll be conducting inquiries with as many people involved in the incident as possible,'' Mr Leary said.

"Once a full investigation is complete it will be referred to the board who will make a decision.

"I've spoken to Craig to inform him of the decision to launch an investigation and he's accepted that. We won't be taking a statement from him until we've spoken to witnesses."

A Queensland police spokesman said the service had not received any complaints and could not act.

Gower was kicked off the Australia team in 1999 after exposing himself to a backpacker at Sydney's Coogee Bay Hotel.
    http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

I wasnt there so i cant say if Gower actually did anything listed in the above article. But Queensland Police state that the service had not received any complaints and could not act.

Now if I was Wayne Pearce I would be getting the police involved ASAP especially if any of the events occured to his daughter. That is the part that I dont understand, the police are not doing investigations but the Penrith Panthers are!!!! It just doesnt make sense to me

This is an interesting one.. but like Deegan I will keep quiet until the full details are out.. it seems though this story is more true than before, Wayne Pearce is not one to backstab people.. then once again we have an issue and we will have to apologise to the reporter we all took shots at on Tuesday..

I think that 'fine' Sunshine Coast journalist deserves an apology don't you think...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    I think that 'fine' Sunshine Coast journalist deserves an apology don't you think...
    No, not really, the accusations we are now hearing was not made known to us in the opening piece from the journo.

Originally Posted by www.foxsports.com.au
    AUSTRALIAN rugby league halfback Craig Gower has rejected a report he was "as full as Santa's toy sack on Christmas Eve" while at a charity golf event.

The Sunshine Coast Daily newspaper said today Gower competed in yesterday's first round at the two-day Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Classic at Peregian Waters "still feeling the effects of what must have been a heavy Sunday night".

The Penrith skipper arrived at the opening tee and according to the newspaper "put down his Crown Lager for long enough to drill his opening tee shot straight down the middle of the first".

A disappointed Gower today said he had done nothing wrong.

"I'm up here to have a good time and that's it. What, I can't go out and enjoy myself?," he said.

"At the end of the day I am a normal bloke. I'm no better than anybody else.

"As long as I respect others, that's the main thing.

"Just because you turn up with a beer in your hand, that means you're full?"

A Penrith spokesman said the National Rugby League club had not received any complaint.

"The fact that Craig Gower turned up (for the event) when he is on holiday speaks for itself," he said.

"If he had a few drinks the night before he is quite entitled to given he is on holiday and has just finished a very long and hard representative season."

The Golf Classic's publicity consultant Kristy Doyle also said there had been no complaints regarding Gower.

"Craig wasn't the only one with a beer in his hand playing golf yesterday," she said.

"They are all winding down from their heavy schedules. There is no trouble at all and there never has been at these tournaments."

Alcohol consumption in rugby league had come under the microscope after ex-Australian coach Wayne Bennett spoke about binge drinking's affect on the NRL last week.

"I'm sick of the drunks and I'm sick of our game being dragged through every media outlet in the country every time some guy behaves badly," Bennett said.

The Golf Classic ? which concluded today ? has attracted a host of celebrities including Wally Lewis, Wendell Sailor and Alicia Molik.

All money raised by the tournament is donated to Diabetes Australia and the Jack Newton Junior Golf Foundation.
    The above is quite harmless which is why members poiked fun at it.

Today though is a hellova' lot different as we all know

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    No, not really, the accusations we are now hearing was not made known to us in the opening piece from the journo.

The above is quite harmless which is why members poiked fun at it.

Today though is a hellova' lot different as we all know

DeeGan
    Just standing up for a fellow Sunshine Coast resident

Titan First Grade Regular

If Gower was on holidays then i cant see anything wrong, if he can slam a ball down the middle of the fairway pisquallied then i would reccomend all pro golfers gets smashed before a tournament. cya.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford87
    If Gower was on holidays then i cant see anything wrong, if he can slam a ball down the middle of the fairway pisquallied then i would reccomend all pro golfers gets smashed before a tournament. cya.
    I would suggest reading ALL pages in this thread

The above piece I quoted was the opening post, more accusations have been made against Penrith's Craig Gower.

DeeGan