Written by: Newcastle Knights
Oct 1, 2010 12:43pm

Newcastle Knights dual premiership winner Adam MacDougall has today confirmed he will continue his playing career with the Knights by signing a new contract for the 2011 season.

MacDougall, 35, has played 186 first grade games for the Knights, Roosters and Rabbitohs during his 16 year career which has included 11 matches for NSW and five tests for Australia.

?I'm very excited about re-signing with the club for another year,? MacDougall said.

?I'm looking forward to playing in 2011 in what shapes as an exciting year for the club with the re-opening of the new grandstand and the acquisition of several key players.

?With the team that we'll be fielding, I am very confident that we'll be playing finals football at the end of 2011.

?Obviously the contract has taken a while to finalise, however I've always been comfortable with the process and just wanted to ensure that we did it right.?

A crowd favourite, MacDougall works closely with the Knights Corporate and Community departments, this year becoming an ambassador for the Ronald McDonald House in Newcastle.

The Harbord Diggers junior will continue to develop his partnership with Fijian Flyer Akuila Uate by sharing his knowledge and vast experience as the eldest player the competition with the exciting young try scoring machine.