Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Legion and Fans too quiet at Suncorp

Given the ratio of at least 3 Titans to 1 of Roosters fans, the Titan's fans were very quiet tonight. Even after the first early try when there should still have been an uproar, the unenthusiastic behaviour of the Qld crowd set a sad tone. I'd been watching the build up all week, three Titan's Express trains and decorated buses I was shocked you gave up so early. At one stage when the Titans were working hard on a set I was hitting into a wooden tray and screaming "Titans" and yelling to the fans to call out. More than 1,000 ks away, very frustrating.
    Or is the idea to bang a drum when the other side is attacking? Raiders fans wouldn't give up like that. Of course I'm disappointed with the result but the Roosters played well and clean.
    I'm more disappointed in the crowd, that was sad. Would have cost me $1,000to get up there for the weekend. For Gold Coast fans was it $25 return?
    I'll probably be living in Ballina next winter - if I get to Skilled Park it will be lose the voice before giving up. I was screaming 'Titans' at Bruce Stadium during the Raiders clapping, Titans lost but what the hell, don't give up til the final bell.

It's always hard in Rugby League to get the crowd buzzing without momentium. And we are still becoming accustomed to Lang Park.

It was frustrating at times tonight. But I had a great night overall.

I look forward to you coming to games at Skilled Park!

But I have to hand it to the Titans fans. They certainly turned out in force.

We have come along way in 2010 and we will take it to new heights in 2011.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The turnout was great and the build up impressive. Happy to hear you enjoyed the night and gave our great guys the high fives at the end. Maybe they were a bit too ****y after all the attention through the week.

I got some great video of the team coming over. They looked shattered. But the fans stayed and were proud.

I'm gonna have to entire the replay to truly figure out WTF happened

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Oops didn't know that would be crossed out. Trying, they were a bit too sure of themselves after all the attention. Preston had seemed confident.The commentators reckoned he should have been swapped with Rogers, about half way through the game. People down here agreed. Anyway still love that team.

That's not the legion at suncorp. It said so on the tickets but there were way too many wet blankets in there who really should read the description before they buy their ticket. We already get plenty of them at Skilled where it's general admission, but that was just unbearable.

Supporter's groups need to be contiguous. Not the first time I've had an awful time at Suncorp, I won't give them another chance to ruin my night, I'll be watching from home until they give us a GA section.

I remember the noise at Skilled Park for first final last year. My son was there on holiday, Bronco's supporter, he was happy. He said "the noise" at Skilled was pretty bad. I know I'm still in shock AM but I feel bad for the boys. Lately ex Olympians have been talking about how the home crowd in Sydney lifted them. What must a perfectly dressed sea of stunned mullets make home teams feel like. All congrats to the Roosters and Todd, dumped by the Raiders, they won't be doing that to Josh. BUT most of my sadness today is about the non support last night. A bad way for my long time heroes Presto and Matt to go out. OK won't say any more.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

It was crap crap crap... I was tying so hard to get them involed nd they looked at me like wtf am I doing.... Every1 who sat on they ass nd kept ur mouths shut.. Hung ur heads in shame.... It was piss poor nd I will it was a part on why we lost WE U GAVE THE BOYS NOTHING!!!!!

I agree. Crap night crap crowd, Suncorp severity was way overboard telling everyone to sit down alll night. Way to many blow ins. I would have rather played in Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Default :(

I deffinately agree, The Legion last night was very quiet, Many a time i found my self looking over at them waiting for a chant or for something but nothing!! I had lost my voice way before half time abusing Roosters players that came to close, or by yelling support to our boys!

Preston was not on his game tonight, he was very flat as was alot of the boys. They should have kept Zilly in the fullback position and either ran Presto off the bench or not at all. Although he seemed to train fine, he obviously wasnt match fit. Even Roosters supporters were saying this. Gordon is a good fast player, but has so much to learn! Especially to stay on his wing! those first 2 tried by Perret could have been stopped or atleast made him work for it if he had stayed on his wing.

All in all it was a pretty dissapointing game and i dont think the extra people they got to the game by playing it at Suncorp was worth it in any way. I think if the gam had been played at Skilled it would have been alot different.

While the participation of fans may not have been up to scratch. Many may not be used to this style of support. So it is a building process for creating that culture.

But I have to commend the amount of Titans colours there last night!

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    It was crap crap crap... I was tying so hard to get them involed nd they looked at me like wtf am I doing.... Every1 who sat on they ass nd kept ur mouths shut.. Hung ur heads in shame.... It was piss poor nd I will it was a part on why we lost WE U GAVE THE BOYS NOTHING!!!!!
    crowd support means jack **** when the team played like crap

So sorry Legion ppl, sincere apologies and commiserations instead. If I'm feeling this bad you must be feeling that much worse.
    I wondered why Diehard wrote this:
    "And we are still becoming accustomed to Lang Park." and Coaster:
    "Suncorp severity was way overboard telling everyone to sit down all night."
    That would have been hell! A structural problem? Made o'seas 'somewhere'?
    Not too happy 'bout Preston being dissed & I'm not looking at any post mortems - ever. Hope you can stay at Skilled Park in future I've heard you there and Southern Legion did a great job at the win over Roosters in Sydney. All the best guys and see you next year for sure.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOATUS View Post
    crowd support means jack **** when the team played like crap
    Yeah well if the crowds lift it lifts the players ask any of the players wen they loosing nd than the crowd lifts half the time it works... Last night there was nothin gb from the crowd so hows tge players spose to lift... so yeah crowd sopport dose mean sumthing to help lift the players

Also the crowd feeds off the game. So when the game doesn't go our way, it effects the crowd. It shouldn't be that way, but it is largely true. We need to build a culture that when the going gets tough, the louder we cheer!