Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NO RESPECT

Default NO RESPECT

I'm listening to Talkin Sport & can't believe what i've just heard & that is the competition will be won by either the Dragons,Roosters or Raiders , this from Gavin Robinson who is a Tigers supporter but i just can't believe the lack of Respect for the Titans

I look forward to the knockers changing their tunes in a couple of weeks time :boo:
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'm listening to Talkin Sport & can't believe what i've just heard & that is the competition will be won by either the Dragons,Roosters or Raiders , this from Gavin Robinson who is a Tigers supporter but i just can't believe the lack of Respect for the Titans

I look forward to the knockers changing their tunes in a couple of weeks time :boo:
    Music to my ears.

I absolutely love reading the Adjudicator's comments on foxsports.com as well because he bags us non-stop. The weight of favouritism is not a tag we have to carry all that often.

QLD Cup Titan

No the Titans will never be taken seriously until they have that premiership in hand and even then they will have to prove themselves the next year. It is ok though - as we kind of creep in there under the radar and the boys can go about their business. Big credit to the boys - they just go about their job regardless of what "others" think of them.
    Although, Sterlo and I think freddy yesterday on the footy show tipped it to be a titans vs dragons final and Sterlo predicted on the very first footy show of the year for it to be just that as well so he is aware of how well our team goes and the ability they have.
    The adjudicator makes me laugh too - very rarely gives the titans credit and only tips us against crappy teams.
    Oh and on another fox sports talk thingy - wrapping up the weeeknd a warriors fan is bagging the ref out something shocking. Apparently the warriors lost because of the ref not because the titans were better!!! We got calls that shouldn't have been apparently - obviously he didn't see the OTHER calls that should have been our penalties :-) Sour grapes there I can see!!!!

They dont rate us, because they can not understand us, and they do not know enough about the game to see what is making us win.

The only thing that is a disgrace is that there opinion is even sought.

Roosters were horrible the other night, me and a mate were texting each other laughing how they had nothing. The final 15 min was nothing short of spectacular, but do not confuse that with a Fantastic game by the Roosters. Up until the last 15 they were dismal, and only looked better in the last 15 because of injuries to the Tigers.

Panthers are struggling big time, either of these teams are going to be right there to be beaten.

I will worry about the GF after we win this game.

On the Warriors, majority of them have taken the loss like true Warriors and have kept there pride, including Mt Smart on this forum, and all the power to them. But you will always get sore losers, and Warriors just like US have there share. I take there crying with a pinch of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

are you guys really that surprised? every year and every day its the same old thing about how we are too soft and we dont have anything to win it all, i too love the adjudicator not giving us a chance because when we win it all you'll see people either searching for answers or sucking up to us and try and get on the gold coast bandwagon.

BTW our X factor is experience, they call it age and they do not rate it.

Bird - Australian Rep, NSW Rep
    Prince - Australian Rep, Qld Rep, GF Winner, Churchill medalist
    Bull - Australian Rep, NSW Rep
    Preston - GF Winner, Dally M winner
    Harrison - GF Winner, Qld Rep
    Myers - Qld Rep, Australian Rep, GF Winner
    Rogers - Duel International, Qld Rep, GF Player (1997)
    Lafrancri - Australian Rep, NSW Rep, GF Winner
    Friend - GF (2006)
    Toopi - NZ Rep, GF Player

They are fools to disregard that type of experience
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

We had a flat period a few weeks back when Scott Prince was coming back from injury. Since beating the Dragons we've taken out all big opponents, the only hiccup being against the Sharks. Sharks got us because we were understandably a little flat after backing up from the Monday nights Roosters game.

We've got so many big match players who have been there, done that. Carty was assistant Roosters coach when they had there run. We'll be fine.
    But flying under the radar ain't bad though.

I quite prefer the Titans being the constant underdogs cos it makes the win all that sweeter. However I've noticed that Gould really praises and respects the team nowadays - out of all the replays and matches I've seen - he's always praising the Titans as the team that never give up and the team that you have to beat cos they won't beat themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    I quite prefer the Titans being the constant underdogs cos it makes the win all that sweeter. However I've noticed that Gould really praises and respects the team nowadays - out of all the replays and matches I've seen - he's always praising the Titans as the team that never give up and the team that you have to beat cos they won't beat themselves.
    noticed that too, i know that gouldy is liked by many but he does know what he's talking about when it comes to footy and tactics

I told Friendy that Gus is in love with him, "Nathan Friend is the Fittest man in Rugby League EVER", although I think he's right!!
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I told Friendy that Gus is in love with him, "Nathan Friend is the Fittest man in Rugby League EVER", although I think he's right!!
    friendy is severely underrated he deserves some dally m accolades

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    friendy is severely underrated he deserves some dally m accolades
    With Prince, Campbell, Rogers, Bird and others stealing all his points (with a couple of flashy plays that the sydney media notice) he'll never get there. Carney won by shining in what was an average team without him, we fortunately have too many stars to get a dally M winner.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    With Prince, Campbell, Rogers, Bird and others stealing all his points (with a couple of flashy plays that the sydney media notice) he'll never get there. Carney won by shining in what was an average team without him, we fortunately have too many stars to get a dally M winner.
    True mate but it will be nice to see which one of those guys will walk away with the Churchill Medal
    #itaintweaktospeak

Must have been the kiwi bloke sitting behind me at skilled on the radio, he was painful but nice to have the last laugh.
    Speaking of sydneysiders underrating us, I've stumbled on a little podcast and twitter user which is quite cool but a little Sydney centric. It would be nice to give him a little more noise about the titans. He has a blog called wdnicholson.blogspot and his podcast can be found on iTunes. It's called "not the footy show". If you are on twitter his handle is @nrltweet. Let him know how good you think out titans are. He underrates them consistently and the titans are his Achilles heel when it comes to tipping.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Must have been the kiwi bloke sitting behind me at skilled on the radio, he was painful but nice to have the last laugh.
    Speaking of sydneysiders underrating us, I've stumbled on a little podcast and twitter user which is quite cool but a little Sydney centric. It would be nice to give him a little more noise about the titans. He has a blog called wdnicholson.blogspot and his podcast can be found on iTunes. It's called "not the footy show". If you are on twitter his handle is @nrltweet. Let him know how good you think out titans are. He underrates them consistently and the titans are his Achilles heel when it comes to tipping.
    Like to know how he gets it on iTunes.
    anyone know?
    Steve mentioned this a while back, we should get the Legion podcast on there.
    would be easier to listen to