16. Tim Grant
    17. Frank Puletua
    20. Wade Graham
    18. Masada Iosefa
    14. Daine Laurie

Match Officials
    Referees: Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
    Video Referee: Steve Clark

Click Here to get your Titans 2011 Memberships here!
    Last edited by Boofhead; 14-09-10 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Update
    #itaintweaktospeak

Roosters bank on spirit to get through

By Steve Jancetic AAP Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:16:39
    The Sydney Roosters are banking on the spirit which propelled them to one of the greatest wins in the club's proud history to carry them all the way through to the NRL decider.

As they did on any number of occasions this season the Roosters rallied from the dead to beat Wests Tigers 19-15 in golden point in Saturday night's qualifying final, their reward a semi-final back at the Sydney Football Stadium against Penrith on Saturday night.

The tri-colours trailed 15-2 with just 14 minutes remaining when miracle after miracle began unravelling, the hero of the night Todd Carney adamant the Roosters had more in them.

"We've fought all year, the Roosters are never dead no matter what we're down by, we've showed that we could come back," Carney said.

As for his struggles to get the Roosters going in the first half, the recently-crowned Dally M medallist said: "The momentum was all with the Tigers, no-one was going to play good in that first half with the possession we had.

"We knew if it turned, anything could happen." While concerned with another slow start - which have become the calling card of the Roosters in 2010 - coach Brian Smith refused to criticise his troops.

Rather Smith looked at the positives, like the fact they get to play another week, a scenario which wouldn't have occurred had they lost given Canberra's upset win over Penrith.

"We've got some issues about how we start the game and it could well come back to bite is," Smith told ABC radio.

"But at this point of time ... while ever they can fight like that, they won't get me to growl too much." Prop Jason Ryles turned his attention to the Panthers, admitting the biggest challenge would be to get the side up again mentally and physically after the 100-minute epic.

"I thought we were gone there to be honest, but we just kept hanging in there," Ryles said.

"The mental part of it will be big, getting our feet back on the ground and preparing for whoever we've got next week, because the reality of it is if we get beat next week our season is finished." While there were no doubt some tired legs after the game, the Roosters reported no injuries with Smith to have his full complement from which to choose from against the Panthers.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Penrith lose Trent Waterhouse and Frank Pritchard for season
    September 13, 2010

Penrith continue to count the cost of their qualifying final loss to Canberra with Frank Pritchard joining second-row partner Trent Waterhouse on the sidelines for the remainder of the NRL season.

Pritchard was diagnosed with a torn hamstring, the injury ending his eight-year tenure with the club with the Kiwi international to join Canterbury-Bankstown next season.

His absence - along with that of Waterhouse who suffered a torn pectoral muscle in the loss to the Raiders - leaves a massive hole in the Panthers forward pack ahead of Saturday night's semi-final against Sydney Roosters.

Lock Luke Lewis was cleared of any further damage to his calf and shoulder, while the return from suspension of skipper Petero Civoniceva will be a welcome boost for the Panthers.

AAP

Cleared for full training at last, Coote relishes Panthers return

Ben Horne and Dean Ritchie From: The Daily Telegraph September 14, 2010

AFTER six weeks stranded in the unknown, Penrith fullback Lachlan Coote is confident he'll make his long-anticipated return against the Roosters in Saturday night's semi-final at the SFS.

Coote has been sidelined since round 21 with osteitis pubis, a nasty groin injury that athletes find incredibly difficult to shake off.

But after having his return date continually put back as the weeks have gone by, the brilliant No. 1 is almost 100 per cent sure he'll be right to take on the high-flying Roosters.

"I'm feeling pretty good, I had a training session this morning and I've been running all right and the physio cleared me to do some full training this week," Coote said. "We were going to have another week off if we had the win but obviously things have changed and we've got to play this week, so hopefully I'll be right getting through the full training this week and be on the field on Saturday.

"I'm pretty confident. Obviously we'll have some full-on training on Wednesday and on Friday but if I get through that I'll be sweet."

Penrith will be missing plenty of grunt in the forwards this weekend with Frank Pritchard and Trent Waterhouse scratched. But what they're lacking in the engine room, Coote is hoping to make up for with his attacking flair.

"Not having Frank and Trent is going to hurt us," said centre Michael Jennings.

"We're disappointed to lose them, they are quality players. But that's the way football is. The guys who come in will get the job done."

Winger Michael Gordon added: "I am sure whoever steps up will do a good job for us. Trent does so much work for us and Franky has such an impact on games."

While Michael Gordon has been doing a fantastic job filling in at the back, Coote was one of the form players in the competition before he went down, and his injection will give the struggling Panthers a timely boost with their premiership hopes hanging by a thread.

"That's for sure, hopefully I can add something to the side and hopefully we can get the win and keep going on," he said. "I'm very excited and I feel very fresh at the moment, I just can't wait to play some footy. At the start of the year I was happy with my game and then this came on and I was a bit disappointed, but I'm looking forward to getting back out there and playing some footy."

The Panthers have been set back on their heels with news that international second-rowers Pritchard (hamstring) and Waterhouse (pectoral) are out for the rest of the finals series.

They will at least welcome back inspirational prop Petero Civoniceva from suspension.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sydney Roosters
    1. Anthony Minichiello
    2. Phil Graham
    3. Kane Linnett
    4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    5. Sam Perrett
    6. Todd Carney
    7. Mitchell Pearce
    8. Jason Ryles
    9. Jake Friend
    10. Frank Paul Nuuausala
    11. Braith Anasta (c)
    12. Mitchell Aubusson
    13. Nate Myles

Interchange:
    14. Martin Kennedy
    15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
    16. Daniel Conn
    17. Joseph Leilua
    18. James Aubusson
    19. Lopini Paea
    20. Mose Masoe

Penrith Panthers
    1. Michael Gordon
    2. Sandor Earl
    3. Michael Jennings
    4. Brad Tighe
    5. Adrian Purtell
    6. Travis Burns
    7. Luke Walsh
    8. Sam McKendry
    9. Kevin Kingston
    10. Petero Civoniceva (c)
    11. Nathan Smith
    12. Gavin Cooper
    13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:
    15. Matthew Bell
    16. Tim Grant
    17. Frank Puletua
    20. Wade Graham
    18. Masada Iosefa
    14. Daine Laurie

Match Officials
    Referees: Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
    Video Referee: Steve Clark

http://www.nrl.com/

If the Roosters play like they did in their first 60 minutes against the Tigers again, the Panthers will just run rings around them.

I can't see this happening though, Roosters in a tight affair that goes for 200 minutes into extra time by 1 point.

'Recovering' Coote trains with Panthers

By David Beniuk AAP Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:21:41
    Penrith fullback Lachlan Coote has completed his first full training session with the NRL side as it prepares for Saturday's semi-final against the Sydney Roosters.

Coote, who has missed six games with osteitis pubis, took part in contact and ballwork session at CUA Stadium but coach Matt Elliott said he was no certainty to play at the Sydney Football Stadium.

"The answer for Cootey is it's not what he did today, it's how he pulls up tomorrow," Elliott told reporters on Wednesday.

"That's the first real solid hitout where he's done lateral movement and some contact."

Elliott said Coote would need to complete the side's final session this week to be considered for a recall.

The Panthers have lost second-rowers Trent Waterhouse (pectoral) and Frank Pritchard (hamstring) for the do-or-die clash.

Interchange prop Tim Grant remains in doubt with an ankle injury and did not train after pulling up sore from Tuesday's session.

"It's an assessment that has to be made over the next two days," Elliott said of Grant.

"The medical staff are confident."

Waterhouse may be unable to contribute on the field, but has been conducting part of the Panthers' video sessions this week.
    #itaintweaktospeak

NRL second semi-final

Foxsports.com.au and rugby league legend Laurie Daley bring you everything you need to know about Saturday's second semi-final between Sydney Roosters and Penrith.

WHAT, WHERE & WHEN:
    Second semi-final, Sydney Football Stadium, 7.45pm (EST) Saturday

FORM GUIDE:
    LWWWL (Penrith); WWWLL (Sydney Roosters)

THE NEXT STEP:
    Roosters: Win this and Gold Coast Titans will be the only team standing in their way of a grand final berth. Defeat and last year’s wooden spooners are left to regret a golden opportunity to snare an unlikely premiership.

Panthers: A win sets up a preliminary final showdown with the Titans. A loss sends the Panthers packing in straights sets, leaving coach Matt Elliott to once again ponder what finals success actually tastes like.

TALE OF THE TAPE:
    The two sides met once in 2010 with fullback Lachlan Coote inspiring Penrith to a dominant 28-6 win at CUA Stadium in round five. News of the injured Coote’s absence this Saturday night should be music to the Roosters’ ears. This will be the first time the two combatants have met in a finals match since Penrith’s upset 18-6 defeat of the Roosters in the 2003 NRL grand final.

STATS AMAZING:
    The Panthers will take heart from the fact Sydney Roosters missed 43 tackles and conceded a staggering 1857 metres against Wests Tigers. 100 minutes is a long time in football, but those stats don’t make good reading. The Roosters are the NRL leaders in dummy half runs. James Aubusson and Jake Friend combined for 40 against the Tigers, that’s double the amount of Penrith’s effort against Canberra. It could be a long night for Penrith’s big men around the ruck.

KEY MATCH-UP:
    Shaun Kenny-Dowall v Michael Jennings: The result could well hinge on who wins the battle of the hot-and-cold centres. Kenny-Dowall is the hotter of the two at the moment with 21 tries for the season. The Kiwi Test star’s involvement against the Tigers was instrumental with 28 possessions for 18 runs resulting in 209 valuable metres. Jennings didn’t miss a tackle against the Raiders, but with eight runs garnering a mere 72 metres, his attacking involvement needs to increase.

TALK THE TALK:
    "He’s a great player, one of the greatest to have played the game ... he’s going to be hard to stop but I’d rather have our forward pack in front of most people." Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce talks Penrith captain Petero Civoniceva.

"He's been in top form and I would say he's the number one centre." Penrith centre Michael Jennings heaps praise on centre rival Shaun Kenny-Dowall.

MATCH ODDS: Sydney Roosters $1.53, Penrith $2.50 (TAB Sportsbet; 16/9)

LAURIE DALEY SAYS:
    How many times have the Roosters been able to come from behind and win this season? They have a great mentalility to hang in their regardless of the situation and to finish strongly. Their forward pack needs to aim up a little bit as they were outplayed last week. Penrith have been weakened in that department with Waterhouse and Pritchard out of the side, but they welcome back Civoniceva and there is also rumour going around that Coote will play. The Roosters' halves have been controlling things really well and Carney has that bit of brilliance in his game that can be very hard to defend against. I like the way they play their football; they use the ball from the edges and Kenny-Dowall is in great form. They will go into this game very confident and they showed us last week that they are very fit. They will have to dominate field position because if they don't, it will allow Walsh's kicking game to come into it. The Panthers score nearly 40 per cent of their tries from kicks so if you only allow them to have their fifth tackle options outside your 30m zone, you limit their effectiveness. You need to stop their go forward, have a good kick-chase, get them to work it off their own line and apply pressure to their kicking game.

DALEY'S PREDICTION: Roosters by eight points

Source: http://www.FoxSports.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I guess it'd be best to take on the Roosters.

But this is one game all Titans fans need to watch!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I guess it'd be best to take on the Roosters.

But this is one game all Titans fans need to watch!
    i'd rather roosters win because their my 2nd favorite team, they need to vs us to really see who is deserving of a GF spot and they always have entertaining games against us.