Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    So wat teams have to win or loose for us to have a week off??
    we beat warriors
    roosters beat tigers
    raiders beat panthers

will do it

I can't see manly knocking off dragons...not with their injury/suspensions but that would help too.....

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    we beat warriors
    roosters beat tigers
    raiders beat panthers

will do it

I can't see manly knocking off dragons...not with their injury/suspensions but that would help too.....
    That is how I'm looking at it too Shamus. Fingers crossed.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    at least atkins can get a taste of finals footy, zilly hasn't had that too even though he was never gonna get dropped, if results go our way we can have a week off for all injuries to heal and carve up the preliminaries
    Zilly and Atkins played in our semi against the Eels in Sydney last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    no they did not, zilly was suspended for a biting charge and atkins got replaced with mead

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    no they did not, zilly was suspended for a biting charge and atkins got replaced with mead
    Hmm..I was at that game and I am pretty sure I saw Zilly running around...and Atkins was there somewhere as well..

I was at the game too.

Here is the team that took the field that night:

Gold Coast Titans:
    1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Chris Walker
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison
    Subs:
    14. Matthew White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Sam Tagataese
    17. Jordan Atkins

I was at the game too.

Gold Coast Titans:
    1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Chris Walker
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison
    Subs:
    14. Matthew White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Sam Tagataese
    17. Jordan Atkins
    Yeah...I just had to do some googling coz I couldn't remember seeing Atkins out there...According to the site I found Atkins was only on for a minute...and Chris Walker played for 79 so I am guessing Atkins replaced him.

http://live.rleague.com/nrl_50020092801.html

......so Atkins has experience at centre.

QLD Cup Titan

bugger about Presto - but Zilly has been doing well and we have been playing with him for a number of games - 2 of which have been very strong games against good opponents in the roosters and tigers so Zilly will aim up just fine! Would have been nice to let Presto, Prince and Rogers zip around the warriors but not to be. If Preston had been playing, he wouldn't have been 100% anyway so its best to leave him out! Lets hope the rest get through a fitness test tomorrow - fingers crossed!!!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

I was at the game too.

Gold Coast Titans:
    1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Chris Walker
    5. David Mead
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison
    Subs:
    14. Matthew White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Sam Tagataese
    17. Jordan Atkins
    I believe we got the same plane.. Nd. Went. To the same game... Nd yes u are right

Preston Campbell set to make shock return for Titans in NRL finals clash with Warriors
    Steve Ricketts
    The Courier-Mail
    September 10, 2010 12:00AM
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1225916763514

READY: Preston Campbell trains with the Titans on Thursday. Picture: Adam Head

MERCURIAL Gold Coast Titans fullback Preston Campbell could be a shock starter in tonight's NRL final against the New Zealand Warriors.

Campbell, sidelined last weekend with a hamstring injury, is set to make the final call on Friday morning after he pulled up well last night from a solo training session.

Running under the supervision of trainer Ron Palmer, Campbell said his suspect hamstring felt fine. Coach John Cartwright had effectively drawn a line through Campbell's name, with Will Zillman to remain at fullback and Jordan Atkins on the wing.

But Cartwright could be swayed by a late plea from Campbell to let him loose against the Warriors at Skilled Park.

The Titans have always gone by Campbell's gut instinct on fitness decisions, famously letting him have one week off earlier this year when he declared after a surf that he might sit out the upcoming match.

"If the hamstring doesn't feel tight in the morning, I'll put my hand up to play," Campbell told The Courier-Mail.

"Touch wood, everything will be all right. It feels good now and I reckon it will be fine."

If Campbell plays, the Titans are likely to be at full strength, with skipper Scott Prince likely to have a pain-killing injection to help him play out the game with a shoulder injury.

Props Luke Bailey (thumb) and Brad Meyers (ribs) trained strongly and centre Steve Michaels tested his shoulder with some defensive drills on teammate Clinton Toopi.

Meyers was thought to be in most doubt, but the fact giant utility Sam Tagataese was not at training indicated the coaching staff had confidence in the man they call "Big Red".

Cartwright said he did not think it was wise to risk Campbell a month after he tore the hamstring but he left the door open for his return.

"It's a big blow. He's a real important part of the side, Presto, for what he does on the field," Cartwright said.

"He's a leader. But we have done it without him a few times, so we have built a good platform to be able to cover for him."

The Warriors had a closed training run with coach Ivan Cleary declaring his side was one to 17. But there is doubt over the fitness of Kiwi Test centre Jerome Ropati (groin) with former Bronco Joel Moon on standby.

Warriors lock Micheal Luck declared himself a certain starter despite suffering a gruesome leg wound in the August 21 match against Manly when his thigh was sliced by the soles of Sea Eagles forward Anthony Watmough's boots.

Luck spent a night in a Sydney hospital but asked to be discharged after he was crammed into a balcony ward with three elderly women.

"I didn't want to be there any longer," he said. "The leg has healed. I was just lucky it didn't cut into the muscle."

More than 23,000 tickets have been sold for tonight's match. Both sides can count on plenty of support, with the Gold Coast's big Kiwi population.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

No surprise there really, I was never convinced in the first place that he wasn't playing
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

QLD Cup Titan

Just saw this on the news too - will see how today goes! Would be great to go in with a full strength side! Its game day!!!!!! Can't wait for work to be over so I can head down to the game!!!!!!

Mind games, only confusing us
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

I was just about to come on here nd say i'll put 50 on that he plays

Would like to see Preston come off the bench for this one, shifting Zillman to wing and Atkins to bench.