Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Default Titans star Campbell to come off bench

By Wayne Heming and Laine Clark AAP Mon, 06 Sep 2010 16:13:10
    Injured Titans match-winner Preston Campbell has unselfishly volunteered to return off the bench in Friday night's semi-final showdown with the powerful Warriors at Skilled Park.

While the diminutive fullback declared himself fit to return on Monday he was uncertain how his hamstring would stand up under game pressure.

Campbell has played close to 250 games for four different NRL clubs but surprisingly never before suffered a hamstring injury.

And the 33-year-old livewire admits to some niggling fears about his comeback.

"I put in a good training session this morning (Monday) and touch wood nothing happens this week, I'll be right for Friday night," said Campbell after team-mate Scott Prince declared his shoulder injury would not stop him taking on the physical Warriors.

"I'm right, but I'm a little worried, I haven't done a hamstring before.

"I've known blokes who have done hamstrings and they feel alright, then they do it again.

"I'm just hoping I'm not one of those blokes."

The Titans have covered Campbell's absence well in three games.

William Zillman has been impressive and Campbell says he can't just expect to walk back in despite his vast experience.

"Zilly (Zillman) has been doing a great job there and if Carty (Cartwright) wants me to come off the bench, that's what I'll do," said chirpy Campbell, still keen to go around again in 2011.

"I can see that happening, because they have been playing well the past three weeks since I haven't been there.

"If I was thrown back into fullback, I'd do my best there and Carty knows that."

Cartwright is sweating on a host of injuries but won't make a final call until Thursday.

Their injury list reads like a who's who - skipper Scott Prince (shoulder), prop Luke Bailey (broken thumb), Steve Michaels (shoulder), Mat Rogers (hip), Brad Meyers (rib) and Ash Harrison (broken nose).

"We are hopeful that they will all play," Cartwright said.

"They will all be picked in the 17 but we won't be able to clear that up until Thursday.

"They are all a concern. It is a bit early. I wouldn't even try to pre-judge who would be right.

"We have to get the balance right - the risk versus the importance of the game."

Prince, who threw a massive scare into the Titans when he left the field in the first half against the Wests Tigers last weekend, said he would have an injection and strap his shoulder.

"I'll definitely be playing on Friday night," said Prince who took the Tigers to a grand final victory in 2005.

"In the game I thought `what have I done' and I came off straight away.

"It's just an AC joint that will be pretty sore for a month but I can't do any more damage."

Prince accepted he would the number one target of the big Warriors forwards.

"That was going to happen anyway, most teams run at the smaller guys on the edges.

"With the shoulder injury they're going to direct some of their bigger boys at me but that's for me to worry about.

"If I thought I was going to be a liability to the team, I wouldn't be playing."

Source: www.nrl.com

Banned

got my tickets, gonna be a great night, im still gonna watch the replay when i get home though

I got my tickets! I'm fired up!

Now plenty of time to work on a couple new banners and flags.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

[QUOTE=DIEHARD;272794]I got my tickets! I'm fired up!

Now plenty of time to work on a couple new banners and flags.

i like the banners that are made at skilled, all i can do is pay out every nz player and abuse the refs

I got my ticket tonight!
    Taking the day off work and heading down early.

Sounds like Princey's gonna be higher than his bombs with all the injections necessary to get him on the park this weekend.

Hoping to see some BIG traffic going his way, maybe our little penalty magnet Maloney can throw in a few tackles off the ball to make sure of it!

I can tell you guys now (esp the Legion) that when my brother in Law who is good mates with Lewis Brown spoke with him on the phone on Sunday and he laughed and said they have the Titans covered and are very confident of a victory. Exact words

Make him eat those words boys

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I can tell you guys now (esp the Legion) that when my brother in Law who is good mates with Lewis Brown spoke with him on the phone on Sunday and he laughed and said they have the Titans covered and are very confident of a victory. Exact words

I heard something similar before the boys went over and put 28 past them on their own turf
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Should be a big crowd, ALOT of tickets sold before the PUBLIC SALE. So get into the tickets quickly.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

False confidence IMO. They have not beaten us for years, they are playing us at home, they are playing on a Friday night in Australia, meaning it will be 10:30 there time, just about all there wins were against teams outside the 8, it is Rats last home game.

They should be worried

Titans will make there Earth Shake
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    False confidence IMO. They have not beaten us for years, they are playing us at home, they are playing on a Friday night in Australia, meaning it will be 10:30 there time, just about all there wins were against teams outside the 8, it is Rats last home game.

They should be worried

Titans will make there Earth Shake
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I was gonna make that a banner, but didn't want to offend 5000 Maoris hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Hahaha... Thats twice now that sumthing has happened b4 they p ayed us....

TITANS

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. William Zillman
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Anthony Laffranchi
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
    14. Michael Henderson
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Matt White
    17. Bodene Thompson
    18. Luke O'dwyer
    19. Jordan Atkins
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    TITANS

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. William Zillman
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Anthony Laffranchi
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
    14. Michael Henderson
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Matt White
    17. Bodene Thompson
    18. Luke O'dwyer
    19. Jordan Atkins
    we should give meyers the week off since he has a rib injury and replace him with bubbas this week, then meyers will be nice and healed for next week or the week after