By Wayne Heming and Laine Clark AAP Mon, 06 Sep 2010 16:13:10
Injured Titans match-winner Preston Campbell has unselfishly volunteered to return off the bench in Friday night's semi-final showdown with the powerful Warriors at Skilled Park.

While the diminutive fullback declared himself fit to return on Monday he was uncertain how his hamstring would stand up under game pressure.

Campbell has played close to 250 games for four different NRL clubs but surprisingly never before suffered a hamstring injury.

And the 33-year-old livewire admits to some niggling fears about his comeback.

"I put in a good training session this morning (Monday) and touch wood nothing happens this week, I'll be right for Friday night," said Campbell after team-mate Scott Prince declared his shoulder injury would not stop him taking on the physical Warriors.

"I'm right, but I'm a little worried, I haven't done a hamstring before.

"I've known blokes who have done hamstrings and they feel alright, then they do it again.

"I'm just hoping I'm not one of those blokes."

The Titans have covered Campbell's absence well in three games.

William Zillman has been impressive and Campbell says he can't just expect to walk back in despite his vast experience.

"Zilly (Zillman) has been doing a great job there and if Carty (Cartwright) wants me to come off the bench, that's what I'll do," said chirpy Campbell, still keen to go around again in 2011.

"I can see that happening, because they have been playing well the past three weeks since I haven't been there.

"If I was thrown back into fullback, I'd do my best there and Carty knows that."

Cartwright is sweating on a host of injuries but won't make a final call until Thursday.

Their injury list reads like a who's who - skipper Scott Prince (shoulder), prop Luke Bailey (broken thumb), Steve Michaels (shoulder), Mat Rogers (hip), Brad Meyers (rib) and Ash Harrison (broken nose).

"We are hopeful that they will all play," Cartwright said.

"They will all be picked in the 17 but we won't be able to clear that up until Thursday.

"They are all a concern. It is a bit early. I wouldn't even try to pre-judge who would be right.

"We have to get the balance right - the risk versus the importance of the game."

Prince, who threw a massive scare into the Titans when he left the field in the first half against the Wests Tigers last weekend, said he would have an injection and strap his shoulder.

"I'll definitely be playing on Friday night," said Prince who took the Tigers to a grand final victory in 2005.

"In the game I thought `what have I done' and I came off straight away.

"It's just an AC joint that will be pretty sore for a month but I can't do any more damage."

Prince accepted he would the number one target of the big Warriors forwards.

"That was going to happen anyway, most teams run at the smaller guys on the edges.

"With the shoulder injury they're going to direct some of their bigger boys at me but that's for me to worry about.

"If I thought I was going to be a liability to the team, I wouldn't be playing."

Source: www.nrl.com