Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Finals Week 1: Gold Coast Titans vs New Zealand Warriors

Gold Coast Titans vs New Zealand Warriors
    7.45pm Friday 10 September 2010 - Skilled Park, Gold Coast

http://www.ticketek.com.au - GET IN THERE TITAN SUPPORTERS!

Gates Open - 5.00pm
    TITANS! NYC Under 20?s Kick off ? 5.20pm
    Main Game Kick off ? 7.45pm

Gold Coast Titans
    1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. William Zillman
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince (c)
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Anthony Laffranchi
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
    14. Michael Henderson
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Matt White
    17. Bodene Thompson
    18. Luke O'dwyer
    19. Jordan Atkins

New Zealand Warriors
    1. Lance Hohaia
    2. Kevin Locke
    3. Brent Tate
    4. Jerome Ropati
    5. Manu Vatuvei
    6. James Maloney
    7. Brett Seymour
    8. Sam Rapira
    9. Aaron Heremaia
    10. Russell Packer
    11. Simon Mannering (c)
    12. Lewis Brown
    13. Michael Luck

Interchange:
    14. Alehana Mara
    15. Ben Matulino
    16. Ukuma Ta'ai
    17. Jacob Lillyman
    18. Jesse Royal
    19. Joel Moon

Match Officials
    Referees: Tony Archer and Gavin Badger
    Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Russell Turner
    Video Referee: Bill Harrigan
    Standby Referee: Gerard Sutton
    Standby Sideline Official: Luke Phillips

TICKETS - HTTP://WWW.TICKETEK.COM.AU
    Last edited by Boofhead; 07-09-10 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Updated
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans home final - important information
    Adam Gardini

With the win this evening the Jetstar Titans have secured a home semi-final.

2010 ticketed members will be able to purchase their member seat only from 9am Saturday 4th September to 5pm Monday 6th September. A reminder that these tickets can only be purchased at Ticketek agencies or via the call centre (132 849).

Ticketed members will be able to purchase additional seats from 9am – 5pm on Monday 6th September only. These tickets can be purchased on-line using the unique code provided to you by the NRL.

Titans Social members and 2011 new members will be able to purchase tickets on-line from 7pm Monday 6th September to 7am Tuesday 7th September. These tickets can be purchased on-line using the unique code provided to you by the NRL.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public from 9am on Tuesday 7th September.

Over the weekend, the National Rugby League will run press advertising which specifies that the club member on-sale period commences at 9am on Monday 6th September. This messaging is generic, and applies to all clubs participating in the Finals Series. Please do not be confused by this – the policy is as stipulated in this story and members will still be able to purchase their seats and additional seats on Monday the 6th September

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

The Titans have battled all season to secure a Home Final at Skilled Park and they did it!

Now The Legion must rally to support the Gold Coast Titans through the Finals!

We need you and we need you and your friends and family. Now is the best time to introduce them to The Legion.
    This is the time to go the extra mile for the club. Make a flag, paint your face, put on some Titans tattoos, die your hair or dress up!

For more information on purchasing tickets for the Home Final visit this link - http://www.titans.com.au/?s=article-display&id=29953

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Im hoping warriors...

Warriors would mean a huge and noisey crowd, always well support on the Coast.

Much better for us to take on the Warriors instead of the Roosters. Especially because we recently played them and they'd have great motivation to get us.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Warriors would mean a huge and noisey crowd, always well support on the Coast.

Much better for us to take on the Warriors instead of the Roosters. Especially because we recently played them and they'd have great motivation to get us.
    Roosters would be better, we don't want a repeat of last year with too many opposition supporters. I want a 100% blue and yellow crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Roosters would be better, we don't want a repeat of last year with too many opposition supporters. I want a 100% blue and yellow crowd!
    Hmmm.... Hmmm.... convincing arguement Kwigi. You might have me convinced. Crowd impact is important, especially in the Finals and it'd be great to have as many Titans fans there as possible for many reasons.

Playing the Roosters would mean less opposition fans and more Titans fans to urge our boys to play at their potential and take on any comers.

Banned

gotta get some front rows quick for this, last year i missed out on tickets for broncos vs titans in the finals.

Maybe you should consider being a Social Member next year.

It might be worth it for you, for the small investment. And it also means you are a Titans Member.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Maybe you should consider being a Social Member next year.

It might be worth it for you, for the small investment. And it also means you are a Titans Member.
    sweet as ill do that for 2011, spewing about missing last years game because it was an awesome one and the atmosphere would have been awesome,

Titans fans hungry for more of Rogers

The limelight proved as awkward as a hip injury for Mat Rogers when the Gold Coast Titans toasted the retiring dual international.

Rogers is doing it all again next week after he helped the Titans down Wests Tigers 21-18 to book a home final.

By rights, Rogers should not have played the Gold Coast's NRL regular season finale - but the Titans were sure glad he did.

Oh, and the packed Skilled Park stadium which doubled as a Rogers family reunion were sure appreciative too.

Restricted by a hip flexor complaint, Rogers still stepped up with an injury cloud hanging over captain Scott Prince to help inspire the thrilling win.

Overcoming injury to take on the in-form Wests Tigers with a top four finish on the line was tough.

But it paled in comparison to what the 34-year-old dealt with before the game.

A huge week promoting Rogers' regular season finale was a big enough distraction - but it got real interesting when more than 60 family and friends arrived on the Gold Coast.

"I have been a bit overwhelmed," Rogers said.

"All my family are here. It's a bit like a wedding." Rogers is still on track to finally avoid the bridesmaid tag before he bows out at season's end.

However, the veteran pivot promised their next Skilled Park game would be without all the hoopla of Friday night, no matter how much he appreciated it.

"I just want to be low maintenance for this team," Rogers said.

"Being the oldest guy here the last thing I want is for the 'Mat Rogers Show' to take over what we are trying to achieve.

"I didn't want that to happen this week, I think we managed it pretty well.

"But that is all behind us now - now it is time to play semi-final football." A "busted" Rogers typified the Titans' courage after Brad Meyers (ribs), Ash Harrison (broken nose) and Steve Michaels (shoulder) came off to receive treatment in the bruising clash.

"They were game ending injuries but we had to keep them on," Titans coach John Cartwright said.

Then there was Prince - the Titans playmaker ran off clutching his shoulder in the 17th minute after being tackled awkwardly.

Rogers took over at halfback and kicked what would become a pivotal 29th minute field goal.

After receiving the "magic touch" to his damaged AC joint, Prince came back in the second half to help hold out a fast finishing Wests Tigers.

The Titans' injury list already included Luke Bailey (broken thumb) and Preston Campbell (hamstring), although the latter will be available next week.

While Cartwright said they would "lick their wounds" before assessing players on Monday, Rogers believed nothing would stop their walking wounded from playing finals footy.

Certainly Rogers wasn't finished with yet.

"It's hard to move, cough and sneeze," Rogers smiled.

"It's not real pleasant.

"But I have plenty of time to heal in a few weeks' time."

Source: http://www.smh.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 04-09-10 at 01:03 PM.

Will our u20's get to play the curtain raiser? I see they'll play Rabbitohs, Warriors or possibly Bulldogs, none of which will have a home game for 1st grade next week. I'm guessing not, in which case will there be a curtain raiser?

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Will our u20's get to play the curtain raiser? I see they'll play Rabbitohs, Warriors or possibly Bulldogs, none of which will have a home game for 1st grade next week. I'm guessing not, in which case will there be a curtain raiser?
    I would say yes, not sure though.

What a game that was. Best try I've seen in a long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Just got back from Robina TC and dragged myself out of bed with a hangover, but good news is I got my tickets and the place was packed
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Im goin to call it now... 7.30pm friday titans V Warriors....