Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Deegs, are there any updates or further info on the Titans "Possible" involvement?

If involved, I wonder if they will wear a special sevens jersey or the Titans official if released before the date.
    Also, if involved and they do wear a special sevens jersey, whats the chance of fans picking one up?

Hmmm....So many questions...... :dizzy:

Peace out!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    More details will be released in the New Year re: our possible involvement in the Orara Sevens tournament.

Look for more news on the Official Gold Coast Titans website.

Cheers

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by Kingytek
    Deegs, are there any updates or further info on the Titans "Possible" involvement?

If involved, I wonder if they will wear a special sevens jersey or the Titans official if released before the date.
    Also, if involved and they do wear a special sevens jersey, whats the chance of fans picking one up?

Peace out!
    Kingytek

Unfortunately you will need to be patient as there will be more info released in the coming days where hopefully your questions will be answered.

That's all I have got for you mate

"Good things comes to those who wait"

Cheers

DeeGan

Maybe I know too much...

:cop:

Maybe I know too much...

:cop:
    Great, so questions like the ones posed do not need to be posted

This is for all members...

Understand this, information in relation to topics of this nature will be released in due course by the Gold Coast Titans management when they deem it suitable, not before. Whether it be the Orara Sevens, the new jersey, signings etc. - I will confirm or deny when I am given the nod to do so by Titans management.

I can answer only so much as advised by the management team and will not respond to 'on the quiet' emails and/or PMs.

Thanks for your understanding.

DeeGan

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

there's a story about it in the bulletin today. saying we'll be there with mostly development kids and 4 or so qld-cupers.

(p.s. i don't actually buy that rag)

Just read the story in the paper myself, However Untill I see it on the main website, I'll remain sceptical.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

I'm packing my bags.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Guess I'll See you there Diehard. Now just to work out the bus routes to get there and Im good to go
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Default Unleash the Titans!

Here is the article out of the Sunday Mail today.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sunday Mail
    THE final scores may not "echo in eternity", but the Gold Coast Titans will make history at the home of the Gladiator ? Russell Crowe's Orara Valley Sevens tournament ? later this month.

The NRL's newest club will play its first match at the two-day event near Coffs Harbour, which is underwritten by the Hollywood actor and rugby league fanatic.

Crowe was at the inaugural tournament last year and played in a Barbarians team alongside retired stars Gorden Tallis, Mark Geyer, Tim Brasher, Cliff Lyons and Robbie O'Davis.

The Academy Award winner is expected to be at the Coramba Sportsground again this year when the Titans field a side made up of elite academy players.

Tournament organisers invited all NRL clubs to the event and even though the Gold Coast won't enter the premiership until next year, Titans managing director Michael Searle said the club jumped at the chance.

"It will be a historic occasion for the club given it's the first time a side has ever played under the Gold Coast Titans banner," Searle said.

"It's an exciting time for the club and an exciting time for the kids who will be representing the Titans.

"It will be a great opportunity for them to show the coaching staff what they have to offer.

"We also consider Coffs Harbour to be in our catchment area, so we are more than delighted to support an event in our own back yard.

"It will be a big task for the kids because they are all still teenagers but they can't wait to play and we can't wait to see a Titans team running around."

The Titans elite academy has been developed by Gold Coast football manager and 2003 NRL grand final hero Scott Sattler.

Since the Coast came back into the NRL fold seven months ago, it has been signing promising local juniors and the academy has swelled to almost 25 players.

The Titans hope to have more than 150 emerging players on their books in the catchment areas of the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers and Ipswich. The elite academy players recently went through their paces at a camp at Bond University.

A squad of 12 will be taken to the January 28-29 tournament.

Searle said the club may design a jersey especially for the tournament as the Titans were unlikely to wear the new strip they will don in next year's NRL debut.

The jersey is yet to be revealed and is in the last stages of development by uniform suppliers Reebok.

South Sydney will also be attending the tournament with the Rabbitohs to be guests of Crowe at his nearby Nana Glen property.

A total of 36 teams have entered, including national sides from Fiji, US, Japan, NZ Maori, Cook Islands, Malta and Lebanon.

"Old Boys" sides featuring past St George and North Sydney players have nominated while the all-star Barbarians outfit will again feature Tallis and Lyons alongside newcomers Brad Fittler and Luke Ricketson.

And there we go

Cheers Queenslander - look for more to be announced on the team website.

DeeGan

Will this 7's jersey be available to the public at any stage?

Peace out!
    Ah, some answers to the questions!

YAY I am looking forward to hearing for everyone about how this goes.. our first foray into the RL world with this team.. I am guessing the squad will be made of development squad players.. but this will give the youngsters a chance for a good run against some strong competition..

GO TITANS AND ALL THE BEST AT THE ORARA SEVENS- LETS SHOW THEM WHAT TITAN POWER AND SPIRIT IS ALL ABOUT..

If so, this will be the first side to take the field under the Titans banner. It would be quite an important event for all of us at the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sunday Mail
    "It will be a historic occasion for the club given it's the first time a side has ever played under the Gold Coast Titans banner," Searle said.

"It's an exciting time for the club and an exciting time for the kids who will be representing the Titans.
    Great minds think alike hey Mikey?

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Come on the Titans, I won't be at Coffs but will be scouring this site for info. Hope the youngins do well. Do we know any confirmed players?(including the 4 Qld cup'ers)
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.