Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sounds like Tigers have some injury worries, and with a top 4 spot sewn up will probably be inclined to rest injured players.
    Still it would be nice to beat them at fulll strength... Unless of course we still have Presto and Laffranchi out.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

I also think its time for the gold coast fans to get off the lounge nd get to skilled nd show the team we will stand as one nd make 2010 our year..

And we also looking at the u/20's making the 8 so please gold coast grab ur mates nd family.. And stand as one...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I also think its time for the gold coast fans to get off the lounge nd get to skilled nd show the team we will stand as one nd make 2010 our year..

And we also looking at the u/20's making the 8 so please gold coast grab ur mates nd family.. And stand as one...
    i would love to go,however then i probably wouldn't have any money to go to the home final which is more important

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i would love to go,however then i probably wouldn't have any money to go to the home final which is more important
    Every game from now on is that important...

If the Titans don't win their won't be a home final.
    Although win the 1st final and their will be a final in week 2 at Suncorp.

I'll be there.

No excuses
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I'll be there.

No excuses
    ill make an effort, i should get some decent pay from getting time and a half pay on friday, also i want to laugh at my ****y wests tigers friend who is going ans saying we suck ass since we lost to the sharks and that they are 2nd

Hey if we beat the tigers will we finish 2Nd ????
    2012 TITANS Will be a force to be reckoned with

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam06 View Post
    Hey if we beat the tigers will we finish 2Nd ????
    We need the Pathers to lose tomorrow night, and beat the tigers by 9
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

We can beat the Tigers and still finish as low as 4th if we beat them by less than 9 points and the Panthers chalk up wins against the Dogs and the Sharks.

If we lose we will most likely fall all the way down to SIXTH!! Because we will finish on 32 points with a for and against worse than both the Warriors and the Roosters who have fairly soft last rounds against the Eels and the hopeless Cowboys respectively.

That is how mental our competition is. There is only one round to go and we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Here are our most likely outcomes as I see them:

FINISH 2nd
    Beat the Tigers this Friday by more than 9 points and have the Panthers drop one of their last 2 against lowly opponents.

FINISH 3rd
    Beat the Tigers by less than 9 and have the Panthers drop 1 of their last 2. Or, Beat the Tigers by more than 9 and have the Panthers win both of their games. Or, beat the Tigers by less than 9 and have the Panthers lose BOTH of their last 2 (probably not gonna happen...).

FINISH 4th
    Beat the Tigers by less than 9 and have the Panthers win both of their last 2. Or, lose to the Tigers and have the Warriors and the Roosters both lose (and let's face it the Cowboys are the last team on Earth that you would be having your last $10 on so it is basically win = home final).

FINISH 5th
    Lose to the Tigers and have one of the Warriors or the Roosters lose.

FINISH 6th
    Lose to the Tigers and watch both of the Warriors and the Roosters win.

Those scenarios are IDENTICAL for the Tigers players as well so motivation will not be lacking this Friday. It is a cliche but it is an absolute fact this week and that is that the Finals have definitely come one week early.

Coaster is 100% right when he says that we cannot go into the finals on the back of 2 losses, if for no other reason than we will most likely finish in 6th position, which is something none of us would have seen as remotely possible after the stirring win over the Rooster on MNF. And that is to say nothing of the mental scars it would inflict or the media bashing we would inevitably receive in the wake of last years straight sets exit from 3rd spot.

I like Tattman's call to arms about getting to the game too. I had spinal surgery 9 days ago but I'm on track to be there. It is time for Gold Coaster's to get out there and get vocal!!

Our season depends on a win this coming week, pure and simple.

On the nrl site its 37 tigers nd 19 titans on the F & A? So we have to beat them by 18?

If we beat them by 9 it will add 9 to ours and take 9 off theirs and create the 18 point swing we need.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    If we beat them by 9 it will add 9 to ours and take 9 off theirs and create the 18 point swing we need.
    but we should make it 10 because we might not win the tie breaker

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Haha I just went nd had a look again nd I just worked it out.. Its been a big weekend

but we should make it 10 because we might not win the tie breaker
    The tie is based on percentage which is based on defense, correct me if I'm wrong but we are already in front of tigers in that, so if we win by nine will be enough