Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Your outlook on this competition is as consistent as it's referees:

Rounds 20-24 won, rounds 25 & 26 looking promising
    Said it before - happy to say it again: Never been so plesed to be wrong!!

Whoo Hoooo.........Great win. I am up at Cairns atm and watched the game at a pub at Woree in the restaurant section coz they had a poker tournament happening under the other 'big' screen in the other bar......I sorta made a goose of myself as usual with my rants and cheers but that's OK coz no one knew me...

I also had $5 @$51 for Matt White to score the last try coz I figured he wouldn't wanna do a nudie run but I didn't see him in the second half....Was he injured?

I am in Maccas atm coz my motel doesn't have internet...and it is pathetically slow..

Back home soon....it is freakin warm up here. I am starting to look a bit like a local...

From the media release

Titans
    1. Campbell
    2. Gordon
    3. Michaels
    4. Toopi
    5. Zillman
    6. Rogers
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. White
    11. Laffranchi
    12. Minichiello
    13. Harrison

14. Henderson
    15. Myers
    16. Bird
    17. Thompson

Oops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by amaline; 24-08-10 at 03:25 PM.

ahahah jsut watched a highlight video
    love when gordon chases down perrit, he has a big smilie saying wdup, iam fast baby!

The coolest thing about Kev is that he always seems so happy and smiling.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Yeah he is a larakin alright!

"Give it to Gordon!" Says Kev.

I guess you could also say other cool things is his blistering speed and his courage.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

give it to kevo!!!! i swear he's gonna win the sprint challenge, it looked like he was jogging alongside sam perrett

Reply is on now. Fox 2.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Two-try Toopi talking Titans' title

VETERAN Titans centre Clinton Toopi defied a hamstring scare in the warm-up to be the two-try hero of last night's 23-14 away win over the Roosters, and he believes the Titans have the side to go all the way to the NRL title this year.

"There's so much experience here, guys have played semi-final football and the young blokes are so enthusiastic," said Toopi.

"The good thing about this team is it's across the board. Everybody can turn the game.

"If we work as a package we're going to get success. If we can keep that rolling into the semis we'll be unstoppable."

Toopi showed in the win over the Roosters he could rewrite the Once Were Warriors script into a feelgood story about a Kiwi star who almost gave it away.

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright believes the former Kiwi Test star could be the bargain buy of the year after being thrown a lifeline by the Titans when injuries looked certain to prematurely end his once glittering career.

Down six-nil after Mitchell Pearce put Braith Anasta in for the opener, Toopi was on hand to pounce on a Scott Prince kick after 10 minutes to equalise.

Roosters winger Phil Graham copped a horror bounce which sat up perfectly for Toopi after spearing back on the angle and the centre crashed over to score.

Just as importantly he saved one less than five minutes later when he forced BJ Leilua to lose control on the line when the Roosters centre looked like scoring off a Mitchell Pearce cross-field kick.

Then it was Toopi again who helped put the match beyond reach when he finished off a great movement by the Titans in the corner with 15 minutes left on the clock.

Fullback William Zillman had gone 80 metres only to be cut down but after quick passing on the next play through Kevin Gordon, Jordan Atkins and Mat Rogers, skipper Scott Prince found Toopi for the veteran to score in the corner for what was a 22-10 lead after the conversion.

The side's success is all the more pleasing for the sacrifices Toopi has had to make to a part of their charge.

While wife Turenga remains at home in Whakatane with their young daughters Waimania and Brianna, he is sharing a place on the Gold Coast with Titans youngsters David Mead and Ryan Tongia.

"It's been a huge sacrifice to leave my family. I didn't realise how big it was until I got over here," said Toopi.

"Countless times I've wanted to pack up and go home but my wife said to me, 'I've sacrificed this for you (now) get over there and finish the job'."

For Cartwright, Toopi is the icing on the cake in the constant battle clubs are forced to wage in their search to get bargains under the salary cap.

"You've just gotta keep searching. They're out there and sometimes you find them, they just need an opportunity. Sometimes you get it right. Sometimes you don't but with Clinton we've definitely got it right," said Cartwright.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

That's a great story on Clinton Toopi.

He is another guy I was totally wrong about - I thought he was too old and past it but his form has been a huge part of our recent success. His experience out there just seems massive with his talk, his enthusiasm and his constantly making great reads in defence. Bloody strong too.