Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Default Greg Bird prepares for reshuffle

GREG Bird might be banking on a show of faith but he admitted a shift to the backrow looked likely when he makes his expected return for the Titans against the Cowboys on Saturday night.

Entrenched in the No. 6 jersey this season, Bird's abscence over the past three rounds has presented a golden chance to ageless warrior Mat Rogers, who has shone in the halves alongside captain Scott Prince.

And it's the form of Rogers that could force coach John Carwright to move Bird to the pack, a role not unfamiliar to the 26-year-old, although his expected return would also likely force rising star Ben Ridge back into the Queensland Cup.

''Matty Rogers has been killing it at five-eighth and I'm just hoping I can squeeze back into the team and not cause too much disruption,'' said Bird this morning at training.''

''I did a fair bit last week but it tightened up late in the week so I thought it was best to give it another week off.''

''But I won't know until later this week whether it will be right.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

From the bench as an impact player would be his best bet. Why disrupt a good team performance by shifting Rodgers back or shifting any of the forwards. These players deserve to hang onto their spots.

The backrow will all play around 60 minutes each. This should increase the quality of their efforts. Problem is that 3 of them play mostly on the left side in attack. The front row rotation has Bailey, white, Henderson and ,Meyers with Thompson the utility. With this team I thought we may have had the opportunity to have walker on the bench (perfect game for it) as Thompson, White, Henderson and Meyers are not going to get big minutes maybe 30 each with Bailey getting 60. Our forwards have been dominant all year amdthis will just make them more so. If we can get a couple of our injured backs back before the finals we will be unstoppable.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

This is a dangerous game for us. The Cowbees forwards will be out to smash us as their backs have little except from broken play. Bird should only get limited time as he regains match fitness.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I would give Anthony Laffranchi less game time because he has not been playing great football recently. I would start Bird at SR and have Laffranchi on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I would give Anthony Laffranchi less game time because he has not been playing great football recently. I would start Bird at SR and have Laffranchi on the bench.
    Not sure which games you've been watching but boof has been punching holes in the defensive lines and smashing blokes in defense. Yes he has given away the occasional silly penalty but the second rowers have been really good of late.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!