Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Will be interesting to see where Carty names everyone tomorrow. Channel 9 news were saying he had a selection headache with Bird coming back into the side. I still think he will name bird at 5/8 and Rogers at centre and maybe go back to moving the two like earlier in the year??? but who knows, he likes to stick with winning formulas too so Matty at 5/8 has been awesome so why change what is working?? I like Matty in the number 6 but who to drop to the bench in place of Bird - don't know!!! Its a great thing to have - too many good players to form the ideal team - especially at this time of year.

Anyhow, a quick questions, all stars game tickets go on sale on Wed - is the game being played at skilled again??? Want to get our tickets sorted but want to make sure of venue first! Thanks heaps in advance :-)

I've suggested previously that bird play at centre and got laughed at. Our centres haven't done anything wrong really and maybe it will backfire but bird would be a real handful and could really give Gordon some space to get moving in. The other option is to play him in the backrow and reduce the minutes of laffranchi, Harrison and minichiello. Quality over quantity but I would think we want 300 minutes out of those 4 blokes. Maybe boof plays a bit of prop but white, Henderson, Meyers and Bailey have a good rotation going.

Anyway it makes room for walker on the bench and I think we need to give him as much game time as possible. He is our wildcard and might just be the final piece which takes us all the way.

I don't expect that we'll lose again this season and I think we're primed for a gf birth unless something freaky happens.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Yeah Supergoose I would go with Quality over Quantity leading into the semis. Bird, Laffranchi, Mini and Harro would have the Titans blasting on all cylinders for 80 mins.

Im not a fan of any backrower being out in the centres to be honest. Bodene, Graham, Bird etc do play solid out there they dont have the natural ability to skip to the outside of their opposition which is that x factor for that position.

Bird just happy to be back

* By Greg Davis
    * August 10, 2010 12:00AM

FORMER Test and Origin five-eighth Greg Bird will surrender Gold Coast's No. 6 jersey so he does not derail the club's tilt at the 2010 finals.

Bird is almost certain to return from a hamstring injury for Saturday's derby clash with North Queensland at Skilled Park.

He suffered the injury in Gold Coast's 24-10 loss to Brisbane in round 19 and the Titans have scored three gritty wins over the Dragons (11-10), Warriors (28-20) and Eels (34-12) in his absence, with dual international Mat Rogers outstanding at five-eighth.

Rogers has scored three tries and kicked the match-winning field goal against the Dragons.

Bird is happy to shift to lock and would even settle for the bench given Gold Coast's rich vein of form that has rocketed John Cartwright's side back into premiership calculations.

Bird's best position is lock and putting him at the back of the scrum would require Ashley Harrison to move up to the second-row with Anthony Laffranchi going to prop.

"I don't really know where I'll be. I'll probably be in the back-row I'd say," Bird said yesterday.

"When the team is going good you are just happy to be in the 17.

"Earlier on in the year I was enjoying playing five-eighth but when the team has been winning you don't want to come in and make too many disruptions. Matty Rogers has been killing it at five-eighth.

"You may as well let the team go the way they're going and try to slip in somewhere that won't change the actual style that they have created in the last couple of weeks.

"The team is going great at the moment and hopefully we can keep that momentum going into the semis and really give it a shot."

Watching the Titans burst back to form was not frustrating for Bird.

"It's much easier sitting on the sideline watching them win than watching them lose," he said.

"It's hard when you can't contribute and the team is struggling but the boys have been going great."

Bird was a chance of taking on Parramatta last Friday night but Titans medical staff decided to play the percentages.

Following the clash with the Cowboys, the Titans finish the regular season with matches against the Roosters (home), Sharks (away) and Tigers (home).
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I'd name Bird on the bench and would have no problem with young Ridge being omitted - his time will come in the very near future. If you wanted to stick with Ridge or the other youngster, can't recall his name right now, I'd have no problem with Hendo being left out either as he is not offering us that much at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
    Anyhow, a quick questions, all stars game tickets go on sale on Wed - is the game being played at skilled again??? Want to get our tickets sorted but want to make sure of venue first! Thanks heaps in advance :-)
    Wow!....This has come around quick. I haven't seen any promotions at all for this game. I assume it is at skilled as I thought there was a 3 year deal in place. Do Titans members still get first choice with their seasons seats?

QLD Cup Titan

Members get a window of opp on Wednesday to purchase all stars tickets. I too thought there was a deal in place but just want to make sure first :-)

Junior Titan

Team named today,
    spoilt for choice arnt we.
    We have been going great and an excellent turnaround from 3 weeks ago
    My guess is bird from the bench but im still a little unsure of the right centre position, Toopi is going good but are we just buying time to put either Esi or Tomane in there?
    My line up is-

1 P.Campbell
    2 K.Gordon
    3 S.Michaels
    4 ?
    5 W.Zillman
    6 M.Rogers
    7 S.Prince
    8 L.Bailey
    9 N.Friend
    10 M.White
    11 A.Laffranchi
    12 M.Mini
    13 A.Harrison

14 G.Bird
    15 M.Henderson
    16 B.Thompson
    17 S.Walker

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Wow!....This has come around quick. I haven't seen any promotions at all for this game. I assume it is at skilled as I thought there was a 3 year deal in place. Do Titans members still get first choice with their seasons seats?
    We couldn't buy our seats last year , it's at Skilled & i'll start a new thread.
    #itaintweaktospeak

I don't think that there's anyway u could start Bird on the bench..he's an 80minute player & i'd start with all 4 backrowers no matter what number they are wearing as Boof can pack in the scrum if needed
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think Mini might be the odd one out. Can't drop Boof, Harro or Bird to the bench surely. Not saying that Mini is a bench player, but the sure quality of the players and limited number of position means someone has to miss out.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I think Mini might be the odd one out. Can't drop Boof, Harro or Bird to the bench surely. Not saying that Mini is a bench player, but the sure quality of the players and limited number of position means someone has to miss out.
    I think Mini has clearly been the most impressive forward we have for the past 5 or 6 weeks & he consistently bends the oppositions line
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I think Mini has clearly been the most impressive forward we have for the past 5 or 6 weeks & he consistently bends the oppositions line
    I think Mini has def stepped up over the last month.
    next to no errors or penalties.
    I was one of the 1st to say Mini should start from the bench but i now think his great form should be rewarded. Mini in 12 and Bird from the bench. (This Week)

I'd really like to see this when the team is named :

6. Rogers
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Friend
    10. Laffranchi
    11. Harrison
    12. Minichiello
    13. Bird

Cowboys Team

1Matthew Bowen
    2Ashley Graham
    3Ty Williams
    4Willie Tonga
    5Will Tupou
    6Arana Taumata
    7Grant Rovelli
    8Matt Scott
    9Aaron Payne
    10Willie Mason
    11Scott Bolton
    12Leeson Ah Mau
    13Luke O?Donnell

INTERCHANGE

14Anthony Watts
    15Dane Hogan
    16Carl Webb
    17Ben Harris
    18Isaak Ah Mau
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.