Thread: Hey

Junior Titan

Default Hey

Hey guys n gals.

I'm another Sydney blow in making the move to the Goldy. I won't disclose my team as yet. I'm sure it'll become evident as my posts tally up . I have adopted the Titans as my 2nd team though and intend on getting a membership next year. So I'll be attending a fair few games - for which all but 1 I will be supporting the Titans (excluding semi final scenarios).

If anyone can help me with a couple of everyday questions that might help me out with my move that'd be great:
    Does anyone here commute from Robina to Brissy?
    What are the trains like?
    Is it hard to get parking at the station? Do they charge?

Hope to see you soon

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Hey guys n gals.

I'm another Sydney blow in making the move to the Goldy. I won't disclose my team as yet. I'm sure it'll become evident as my posts tally up . I have adopted the Titans as my 2nd team though and intend on getting a membership next year. So I'll be attending a fair few games - for which all but 1 I will be supporting the Titans (excluding semi final scenarios).

If anyone can help me with a couple of everyday questions that might help me out with my move that'd be great:

Hope to see you soon
    Hello and welcome.

Nice to hear you have adopted the Titans even if it is as your second team. My old man drives to and from Brissy everyday the peak traffic can get bad at times. Only caught the train to Brissy for Titans vs Broncos games, it takes about 1hr 15mins and isn't a bad ride. I drive past Robina train station almost everyday and there is always parking available and it is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Thanks Tamwelg

The Titans are really leading the way as far as NRL clubs are concerned, I am really looking forward to getting involved!

Who's your number 1 team, as long as it's not Manly all is good.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post

Hope to see you soon
    Going up to Brissie is fine (most times) although people are taking the option to park at Varsity Station to ensure they get a seat..but coming home is another story.....If you get on at Central for your return trip you should be OK (up to just b4 5pm) after 5pm it will turn into a shirtfight unless u r at the front of the line standing on the platform...even then there will be some pushing.....Any station after 5pm and south of Brisbane you may be standing. Although I have seen people take their foldaway stools with them so I guess that is an option....

......and all is OK if u r a Manly supporter.I think Tamwelg secrectly is but just doesn't mention it.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Going up to Brissie is fine (most times) although people are taking the option to park at Varsity Station to ensure they get a seat..but coming home is another story.....If you get on at Central for your return trip you should be OK (up to just b4 5pm) after 5pm it will turn into a shirtfight unless u r at the front of the line standing on the platform...even then there will be some pushing.....Any station after 5pm and south of Brisbane you may be standing. Although I have seen people take their foldaway stools with them so I guess that is an option....

......and all is OK if u r a Manly supporter.I think Tamwelg secrectly is but just doesn't mention it.
    Thanks shamus - I was curious about varsity lakes station. I guess I'll just learn through experience and work out the best trains to be catching.

Definitely not a Manly supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post

Haha I was actually hoping to get a bite from Teke

Welcome to the Titans Forum 2Busy! Pleased to have you coming to the Gold Coast.

Titans are a fantastic club, you should definitely consider buying a Titans Season Membership, maybe a Legion. It's a great way to make alot of friends up here fast! haha

See you around mate!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER