Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94
  1. #1
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,098

    Default Round 21: New Zealand Warriors vs Gold Coast Titans

    New Zealand Warriors vs Gold Coast Titans





    1. Lance Hohaia
    2. Bill Tupou
    3. Brent Tate
    4. Lewis Brown
    5. Manu Vatuvei
    6. James Maloney
    7. Brett Seymour
    8. Ben Matulino
    9. Aaron Heremaia
    10. Russell Packer
    11. Simon Mannering (C)
    12. Ukuma Ta'ai
    13. Micheal Luck

    Interchange:
    14. Ian Henderson
    15. Jesse Royal
    16. Jeremy Latimore
    17. Jacob Lillyman;

    Reserves:
    18. Joel Moon



    1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. William Zillman
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichello
    13. Bodene Thompson

    14. Matt White
    15. Brad Myers
    16. Ben Ridge
    17. Luke O'Dwyer
    18. Shannon Walker
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 27-07-10 at 10:12 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  2. #2
    Captain patskE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    anyone else want tonga back in the side?
    big warriors boys to steam roll ova micheals i rkn :P

    ahha nah. i just want him back in

  3. #3
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,775

    Default

    Esi has been out for an entire season worth of games with 2 big injuries. He needs to worked back in slowly. I would like him back but not at the expense of someone who has match fitness on their side

  4. #4
    One Clubman Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On the run......
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Warriors just leaked 38 points to the Rabbitohs
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Warriors just leaked 38 points to the Rabbitohs
    there goes that defense, i don't think we should put bird back at 6 when he returns from injury, we should keep rogers there and put either kingi akaoula,tonga,tomane or michaels in rogers centre spot

  6. #6
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    anyone else want tonga back in the side?
    big warriors boys to steam roll ova micheals i rkn :P

    ahha nah. i just want him back in
    I think Michaels went a long way toward dispelling the 'turnstile defense' reputation that came with him from the Broncos.

    The Broncos were in a massive funk when he got that rap and Henjak, a first season coach, was pretty happy to let him be the scapegoat. I will be judjing him on what he does in Blue and Gold, not what he did in maroon.

    Although we didn't get to see it Friday, he does have a lot of toe, so hopefully we can see him in some space on Sunday in Aukland.

  7. #7
    Rep Player Supergoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    When bird comes back why don't we play him outside Rogers in the centers?

    Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    When bird comes back why don't we play him outside Rogers in the centers?
    your kidding right?

  9. #9
    Coach teke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titans Town
    Posts
    4,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I think Michaels went a long way toward dispelling the 'turnstile defense' reputation that came with him from the Broncos.

    The Broncos were in a massive funk when he got that rap and Henjak, a first season coach, was pretty happy to let him be the scapegoat. I will be judjing him on what he does in Blue and Gold, not what he did in maroon.

    Although we didn't get to see it Friday, he does have a lot of toe, so hopefully we can see him in some space on Sunday in Aukland.
    couldnt agree more

  10. #10
    Tech Administrator Tamwelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Section 30
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    When bird comes back why don't we play him outside Rogers in the centers?
    And we could play Scott Prince on the wing next to him
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

  11. #11
    Rep Player Supergoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Everyone is okay for bodene and tagataese to play centre so why not bird? He would give us plenty of thrust on the left side. Seems to me that we put bird at 5/8 because there's not enough room in the pack, if Rogers or Campbell make the backline function better by being at 5/8 why not play bird in the centers to take advantage of his tackle busting and off-loading. He'd certainly pull off some big hits in defense too. Centre seems to be a position we're having trouble getting any continuity in too. We're not going to have to worry about where bird plays for a few weeks anyway.

    Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    And we could play Scott Prince on the wing next to him
    lol

  13. #13
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,098

    Default

    Anyone going to New Zealand to support the Titans this weekend?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  14. #14
    One Clubman Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On the run......
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Everyone is okay for bodene and tagataese to play centre so why not bird? He would give us plenty of thrust on the left side. Seems to me that we put bird at 5/8 because there's not enough room in the pack, if Rogers or Campbell make the backline function better by being at 5/8 why not play bird in the centers to take advantage of his tackle busting and off-loading. He'd certainly pull off some big hits in defense too. Centre seems to be a position we're having trouble getting any continuity in too. We're not going to have to worry about where bird plays for a few weeks anyway.
    I agree. Carty has been putting 2nd rowers in the centers for years; Brett Delaney, Luke O'Dwyer, Josh Graham, Sam Tagatese, Bodene Thompson, ect. Bird offers alot more than any of those guys with his offloads, tacklebreaks and passing abilities.

    He could play left or right, and be a good baby sitter for Prince.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....


  15. #15
    Captain patskE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,856

    Default

    thing with bird, he aint the fastest man on the park.
    yes taga and bodene are 2nd rower's, but they still are fast and agile


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew