Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Shannon Walker remains a Titan!

Shannon Walker has signed a one year extension with a one year option in the Titans favour.

From Courier Mail....

"He's been a bit frustrated not getting an opportunity in the top grade but it will happen for him." Walker's manager Allan Gainey said.

"Carty doesn't want it to see Shannon succeed somewhere else so the Titans are showing some faith in him."

"Souths showed a bit of interest but with the way Rhys Wesser is going, it looks like they are keeping him next year."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Read that today.
    Excellent news!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Read that today.
    Excellent news!
    Sure was, I was worried we would see this jack rabbit playing in a Bunnies jersey next year or something.

Hopefully he will break into top grade at the Titans very very soon.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Good to see Shannon back tonight but unfortunately it wasn't a happy night for him. Hopefully he'll get a chance soon to redeem himself.

If it was a dry night he would deserve alot of the criticism that may be thrown his way, but it was pelting down and everyone made a few mistakes receiving kicks. He looked dangerous a couple of times in attack too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    Good to see Shannon back tonight but unfortunately it wasn't a happy night for him. Hopefully he'll get a chance soon to redeem himself.
    Definitely a few nerves again tonight, but otherwise promising, also take into account he was brought into a tough match against the premiership leaders. He was always supporting the forwards every run, and made a good run off a Henderson offload.

He's one of those confidence players. When he's got it he's hot and almost unstopable. Downside is he goes from one extreme to the other without it.

I'd be happy to see him get more 1st grd game time.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

It'd be a shame if we never got to see Shannon at his best in the NRL. Fingers crossed his time will come.

Bad luck about not getting that bomb. Luckily the Dragons were given a NO TRY!

And that "knock on" wasn't a knock on.

I hope we give him another go. But can't complain how the night went, we got the points and I think so many things depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Bad luck about not getting that bomb. Luckily the Dragons were given a NO TRY!

And that "knock on" wasn't a knock on.

I hope we give him another go. But can't complain how the night went, we got the points and I think so many things depended on it.
    Yep.....we were lucky there. But what goes around comes around. We got ripped off with sin bins 2 weeks straight.....so 'bout time we had some luck.

The tide is Turning
    #itaintweaktospeak

Although I totally agree with all the positives written here, the worrying factor wasn't the dropped bomb... anybody can do that... but I was shocked by his dropping his bundle when he could have covered up that same loose ball.

Two years ago he was a kid with potential. He should take a good hard look at Presto and draw inspiration. Sure, Presto makes mistakes but no one can ever question his commitment to his team mates but this guy... ? I don't want to rubbish him but if he is going to play with the big boys then he needs to be one.
    Last edited by Titanic; 24-07-10 at 10:57 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic_NJ View Post
    Although I totally agree with all the positives written here, the worrying factor wasn't the dropped bomb... anybody can do that... but I was shocked by his dropping his bundle when he could have covered up that same loose ball.

Two years ago he was a kid with potential. He should take a good hard look at Presto and draw inspiration. Sure, Presto makes mistakes but no one can ever question his commitment to his team mates but this guy... ? I don't want to rubbish him but if he is going to play with the big boys then he needs to be one.
    That's the way I see it. Even the best fullbacks drop a bomb on occasion, but he still looks a little casual at times for first grade with that second knock on. Lucky that mistake didn't kill us.
    That said it would be awesome if he does 'get it' and make the grade. If he could become the dynamic game breaker he has the potential to be, the Titans will always be a premiership threat.

I would like to draw the posters attention to what Shannon did off the ball while in attack. Watch the game again and when he is on the field he is off the shoulder of most of the ball carriers waiting for half a sniff of a small gap.

I dream of the day when Walker partners Mead, Gordon, Tonga and Tomane. Dealiest attacking backline the NRL will see in a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I would like to draw the posters attention to what Shannon did off the ball while in attack. Watch the game again and when he is on the field he is off the shoulder of most of the ball carriers waiting for half a sniff of a small gap.

I dream of the day when Walker partners Mead, Gordon, Tonga and Tomane. Dealiest attacking backline the NRL will see in a number of years.
    I was commentingvon Walkers wirkboff the ball to my wife last night. He was there insupport and also sucked in a defender to assist with Gordons try. Add Inglis to that back line
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I was commentingvon Walkers wirkboff the ball to my wife last night. He was there insupport and also sucked in a defender to assist with Gordons try. Add Inglis to that back line
    Inglis with Titans, wow that would be a premiership in the bag

Walker blooded into the team will be unreal