Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post

though i agree that we aren't playing top 8 material right now, i do disagree that campbell stinks at fb, anyone who disagrees that he is excellent at fb is blind or stupid, i was at the titans vs broncs and he dead set saved us about 4 tries with his awesome last line of defense tackles(how sweet was it to deny that twat folau an easy try right under the sticks) yeah he does drop some balls but who doesn't and he does leap above the pack 90% of the time and catch it.
    To be fair Folau was jogging when Preston made the first tackle, the second one was good.

But i hate when the opposition is about to score a try and all he needs to do is get under the hand of the opposition but he stands there and does nothing but then you watch other fullbacks and they jump under the ball like it is a GF and they need to save the game.

And the fact that he is small and not that strong results in him getting smashed a lot.

I like him at F8 but he is passed his prime. He is not a Matt Rogers it is time for him to hang up his boots.

I don't agree, not even a little bit.

It is not his fault we have lost the last few, in fact if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have half the points we have.

He may be ready to turn into an impact player but he sure as he'll has more to give and I would be devastated if he pulled up stumps
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

It is not his fault we have lost the last few, in fact if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have half the points we have.

He may be ready to turn into an impact player but he sure as he'll has more to give and I would be devastated if he pulled up stumps
    I can agree he has something to give but can you say that something is at FB ? or is it in F8 ?

Presto is still awesome and without a serious challenger in my opinion. I think his best position is fullback although we don't get much 2nd man stuff out of him I'm not sure that it's his fault. I like boofs team although I'd be tempted to leave young ridge in and give o'dwyer a week in the reggies. It is a shame James is going back to twenties but necessary if we want him to play decent minutes as we near he finals he is only getting limited minutes in the firsts and needs game time. I really hope walker gets a run, we need some spark and he could be just the man to give it to us.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

i think its just better for our attack if campbell if his at 6, due for his creativity and unpredictability.
    to me rogers roll is still the same, just now he will kick more.
    plus i rkn he offers more in attack at centre then toopi and micheals 2gether

The more I look at that side the more it confuses me.

We are playing a Dally M 5/8 at fullback
    A duel international Winger at 5/8
    A winger at center
    A fullback at winger

Yeah that should work

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I would have prefered this backline:

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Rogers
    4. Toopi
    5. Walker\Micheals
    6. Campbell
    This is a better backline than the one carty has come up with. However you wont see Carty sticking Presto in the frontline if he doesnt have to.

Every team in the comp hammers Presto when he is defending in the frontline. They work him over really hard and it often has a carry-over effect on the Titans defence with nearby defenders coming in to help him out thus creating a hole or overlap on the other side of the field.

I have always wanted to see an arrangement where Carty plays Presto up next to Prince in attack and drop back to fullback in defence letting Bird cover the 5/8 spot.

Maybe Ryan James is injured from the last tackle of the Broncos game, he was bent over for a little while after the final whistle and left the playing field looking quite dusty.

I think its getting really close to him being an impact player to be honest but he still has alot to give and the Broncos game showed it.

What the Titans dont have is a fullback that comes screaming into the backline ala Billy Slater/Brett Stewart/Boyd.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    However you wont see Carty sticking Presto in the frontline if he doesnt have to.

Every team in the comp hammers Presto when he is defending in the frontline. They work him over really hard and it often has a carry-over effect on the Titans defence with nearby defenders coming in to help him out thus creating a hole or overlap on the other side of the field.
    I agree, thats why I prefer Bird at 5/8 rather than lock.

Zillman is a good defender, has a pretty good one-on-one technique too. He could defend at 5/8, and leave Preston at fullback, then swap around in attack.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Zillman is a good defender, has a pretty good one-on-one technique too. He could defend at 5/8, and leave Preston at fullback, then swap around in attack.
    I really like this idea, someone whisper it in Carty's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I think its getting really close to him being an impact player to be honest but he still has alot to give and the Broncos game showed it.

What the Titans dont have is a fullback that comes screaming into the backline ala Billy Slater/Brett Stewart/Boyd.
    I think Zillman has the potential to be this type of player if given more game time at fullback. I have seen glimpses of it this year, but not often at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    To be fair Folau was jogging when Preston made the first tackle, the second one was good.

But i hate when the opposition is about to score a try and all he needs to do is get under the hand of the opposition but he stands there and does nothing but then you watch other fullbacks and they jump under the ball like it is a GF and they need to save the game.

And the fact that he is small and not that strong results in him getting smashed a lot.

I like him at F8 but he is passed his prime. He is not a Matt Rogers it is time for him to hang up his boots.
    You should be slapped for talking such Rubbish :boo:
    #itaintweaktospeak

The back line i would line up with would be

1 Shannon Walker
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Mat Rogers
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5 William Zillman
    6 Preston Campbell
    7 Scott Prince

If the team was 100% fit it could be

1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Joseph Tomane
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5 David Mead
    6 Mat Rogers
    7 Scott Prince

Preston Campbell, Greg Bird on the bench Greg is a lock not a F8 but is a nice player to shift there if you needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    The back line i would line up with would be

1 Shannon Walker
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Mat Rogers
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5 William Zillman
    6 Preston Campbell
    7 Scott Prince

If the team was 100% fit it could be

1 William Zillman
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Joseph Tomane
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5 David Mead
    6 Mat Rogers
    7 Scott Prince

Preston Campbell, Greg Bird on the bench Greg is a lock not a F8 but is a nice player to shift there if you needed.
    w.t.f??..u want bird on the bench!!!!! thats a big call we must have lots of players much better than him to keep him on the sidelines during a game.....not

Hate to say it, but I see a big score form the Dragons. I really want the Titans do to well this year because of the new GayFL team next year. I rather a big crowd at our games then there's. Time for the Titans management to bring the crowd back to Skilled Park. Lower the prices and build a car park before it to late.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    w.t.f??..u want bird on the bench!!!!! thats a big call we must have lots of players much better than him to keep him on the sidelines during a game.....not
    Ashley Harrison is better, you would bring bird on as a second row or lock affter the first 20min.