Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 162
  1. #31

    Default

    I don't get why we are still playing presto at FB he is terrible under the high ball and drops it a lot. At F8 he can do some good things but still past his prime and should retire.

    Luke O?Dwyer disappoints me every time he plays i hope he improves.

    I aggree with Rat being at F8 but him being there keeps Preston at FB so i would place him in the centre.

    Chuck Shannon Walker at FB for the rest of the season.

    Because we are not going to make the top 8 playing like we are now.

  2. #32
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Whe plays right centre is the most important. That left edge of the Dragons - Soward, Boyd, Cooper, Morris is the most lethal combination in the comp.

    If Michaels plays on that side, with his defensive history behind him, Morris could start the shortest price for 1st try in the history of the comp.

    Looks like some pretty conservative options taken by Carty in that team. Not sure conservatism is what we need right now - it could have been a good time to roll the dice.

    On the flip side, it does give Bodene a chance to show his wares in a more suitable position. I have been enormously impressed by him this year and if he can turn it on he can start to put pressure on guys like O'Dwyer, who was just given a sallon passage back into the side, and even Mini and Boof to prevent them going thorugh the motions next year.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I don't get why we are still playing presto at FB he is terrible under the high ball and drops it a lot. At F8 he can do some good things but still past his prime and should retire.

    Luke O’Dwyer disappoints me every time he plays i hope he improves.

    I aggree with Rat being at F8 but him being there keeps Preston at FB so i would place him in the centre.

    Chuck Shannon Walker at FB for the rest of the season.

    Because we are not going to make the top 8 playing like we are now.
    I agree regarding O'Dwyer...I'm a fan of the guy but he's been very average since his return from injury.

    Seeing no Ryan James in that side disappoints me too...he's been great off the bench for us, I really saw no reason to get rid of him.

    We can only hope that Steve Michaels has improved his defensive game, otherwise the Dragons will pick him out easily and target him for easy tries.

    I really miss Esi and think he should be given another chance.

  4. #34
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,086

    Default

    Ryan James, IMO hasnt really done much wrong since coming into first grade and has really impressed me.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  5. #35
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    39,086

    Default

    St George Illawarra Dragons:
    1 Darius Boyd
    2 Brett Morris
    3 Beau Scott
    4 Matt Cooper
    5 Jason Nightingale
    6 Jamie Soward
    7 Ben Hornby [c]
    8 Matt Prior
    9 Luke Priddis
    10 Jon Green
    11 Neville Costigan
    12 Ben Creagh
    13 Dean Young

    Subs:
    14 Trent Merrin
    15 Jeremy Smith
    16 Nick Emmett
    17 Jarrod Saffy
    18 Ricky Thorby
    19 Mark Gasnier (two to be omitted).
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

    Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

  6. #36
    One Clubman Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On the run......
    Posts
    3,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    anyone remeber when walker vsed the roosters and he made a HUGE break but got tackled out at the roosters 10 by amos roberts?(who isnt there now)
    I remember that. But it wasn't such a huge break, Mark O'Merely got called off side which allowed Walker to stroll straight through only having to beat Amos. Shannon should have done him easy, but second guessed himself and Amos ended up taking him into touch. Blown try.

    I think James Ryan's selections have only been for the purpose of blooding him, not so much as what he offers the team. He plays minimal minutes, between 12-15m the last two games. He has been impressive, can't wait for him to lock down a top 17 spot.
    But I suppose he has had a taste and a feel - Time for another young one to have a go. Need to start getting them some game time, we have a few old forwards that will need replacing soon.

    I remember Steve Micheals getting talked about for Origin a few years ago, so he does have talent there. Lets hope his defensive woes are behind him, and he can put in a good one.

    I would have prefered this backline:

    1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Rogers
    4. Toopi
    5. Walker\Micheals
    6. Campbell
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....


  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101 View Post
    I agree regarding O'Dwyer...I'm a fan of the guy but he's been very average since his return from injury.

    Seeing no Ryan James in that side disappoints me too...he's been great off the bench for us, I really saw no reason to get rid of him.

    We can only hope that Steve Michaels has improved his defensive game, otherwise the Dragons will pick him out easily and target him for easy tries.

    I really miss Esi and think he should be given another chance.
    I think Ryan James is a star why did we drop him.

    Im not a fan of Esi. Clinton Toopi, Joseph Tomane, Mat Rogers, Josh Graham and Marshall Chalk are all better centrs IMO.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I think Ryan James is a star why did we drop him.

    Im not a fan of Esi. Clinton Toopi, Joseph Tomane, Mat Rogers, Josh Graham and Marshall Chalk are all better centrs IMO.
    i think esi is brilliant in attack, he can tackle but when i look at him i think he should be putting on fui fui 09 hits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I remember that. But it wasn't such a huge break, Mark O'Merely got called off side which allowed Walker to stroll straight through only having to beat Amos. Shannon should have done him easy, but second guessed himself and Amos ended up taking him into touch. Blown try.

    I think James Ryan's selections have only been for the purpose of blooding him, not so much as what he offers the team. He plays minimal minutes, between 12-15m the last two games. He has been impressive, can't wait for him to lock down a top 17 spot.
    But I suppose he has had a taste and a feel - Time for another young one to have a go. Need to start getting them some game time, we have a few old forwards that will need replacing soon.

    I remember Steve Micheals getting talked about for Origin a few years ago, so he does have talent there. Lets hope his defensive woes are behind him, and he can put in a good one.

    I would have prefered this backline:

    1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Rogers
    4. Toopi
    5. Walker\Micheals
    6. Campbell
    it feels like ages since michaels has played

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCoastTitans100 View Post
    I don't get why we are still playing presto at FB he is terrible under the high ball and drops it a lot. At F8 he can do some good things but still past his prime and should retire.

    Luke O’Dwyer disappoints me every time he plays i hope he improves.

    I aggree with Rat being at F8 but him being there keeps Preston at FB so i would place him in the centre.

    Chuck Shannon Walker at FB for the rest of the season.

    Because we are not going to make the top 8 playing like we are now.
    though i agree that we aren't playing top 8 material right now, i do disagree that campbell stinks at fb, anyone who disagrees that he is excellent at fb is blind or stupid, i was at the titans vs broncs and he dead set saved us about 4 tries with his awesome last line of defense tackles(how sweet was it to deny that twat folau an easy try right under the sticks) yeah he does drop some balls but who doesn't and he does leap above the pack 90% of the time and catch it.

  9. #39
    Coach Coaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast Parkwood
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    Is Harrison injured?
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

  10. #40
    Rep Player Supergoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    I was really hoping that walker would get a run. I didn't see esi's name on the team sheet for Ipswich last week so assumed he wasn't available for selection this week. Really disappointing. Steve michaels will be an interesting proposition and toopi hasn't let anyone down but I was hoping walker would be picked at fullback and given the freedom to play his natural game. I don't think we should play him on the wing. I'm hoping the 18 is a true squad and carty will work through his options at training this week and we'll get a line-up to surprise the dragons and really cause them problems. I think we need to go all out attack.

    I love the fact bodene is getting a start as he deserves it and I think ben ridge has been good for the tweed. Not sure chalky is going that well at the moment and would be happy for him to be he one to drop off the bench. Maybe walker starts on the bench and we get to see how michaels and toopi handle themselves before making the adjustment and moving Campbell to 5/8.

    Sad that this line-up has to have it's first run against the top-of-the-table dragons, but let's hope they can cause a massive upset.

    Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

  11. #41
    Rep Player Supergoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Is Harrison injured?
    Knee injury 2 weeks as I understand it.

    Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

  12. #42
    Tech Administrator Tamwelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Section 30
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Is Harrison injured?
    Yes he is. He has a mystery knee injury, believed to be cartilage causing some swelling. He should only be out for a week or 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

  13. #43
    Immortal Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next door to Alice
    Posts
    10,406

    Default

    Why isn't Presto coming off the bench? He's great in bursts and as his legs get older so does his error rate climb. I love him but surely he's an impact player now.

    Michaels will have to play left centre that means Toopi plays right... now that is an issue. Thompson deserves his chance in his rightful position and I feel shattered for James who was just starting to measure up.

    Those bagging White and Henderson should turn their eyes to Prince... he really needs to apply digitus extractus, imho.

    Anyway for what it's worth... Prince to recover form and kick a one pointer to snatch the win.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  14. #44
    Coach Coaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Gold Coast Parkwood
    Posts
    4,705

    Default

    Thanks Tam and Supergoose
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

  15. #45
    One Clubman Boofhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,192

    Default

    Fixed.

    1. William Zillman
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Mat Rogers
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. Steven Michaels
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Bodene Thompson

    14. Matt White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Luke O'Dwyer
    17. Shannon Walker (In case Michaels experiment is a failure)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew