Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Banned

anyone remeber when walker vsed the roosters and he made a HUGE break but got tackled out at the roosters 10 by amos roberts?(who isnt there now)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. William Zillman
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Bodene Thompson

Interchange:
    14. Matt White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Ben Ridge
    17. Luke O'Dwyer
    18. Shannon Walker
    carty never learns does he, stop picking guys like white and herderson, there are better players that we have, berdie,cannings and also where is esi tonga? id prefer him over steve michaels anyday, walker is 18th man which tells me he wont be playing:boo:

1. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Steve Michaels
    4. Clinton Toopi
    5. William Zillman
    6. Mat Rogers
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Michael Henderson
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Bodene Thompson

Interchange:
    14. Matt White
    15. Brad Meyers
    16. Ben Ridge
    17. Luke O'Dwyer
    18. Shannon Walker
    I can't really see Shannon getting into that side this week.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans name fresh faces to take on Dragons

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have named fresh faces Steve Michaels, Clinton Toopi, Shannon Walker and Ben Ridge in a new-look 18-man squad for Friday night’s clash against St George Illawarra at WIN Jubilee Stadium.

With five-eighth Greg Bird (hamstring; 3-4 wks) and lock Ashley Harrison (knee; 2 wks) both sidelined with injury, Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright had named Michaels and Toopi as the new centre pairing in a reshuffled line-up.

Walker, 21, has been included on an extended five-man interchange bench alongside 20-year-old Ridge, who is in contention to make his NRL debut if given the nod to fill one of the four final bench positions.

Completing the reshuffle, dual international Mat Rogers moves from centre to five-eighth in place of Bird while Bodene Thompson shifts from centre to lock in the absence of Harrison.

The promotion marks Michaels' first appearance in Titans colours since joining the club from the Broncos in May while Walker is in the frame to play his first match since Round 19, 2008.

Toopi has scored three tries in five appearances for the Titans this season before sustaining a calf injury.

The Titans will be looking for their first away win against the Dragons when they play for the first time at WIN Jubilee Stadium, having fallen to the red and whites in their three previous clashes in Wollongong.

In the curtain raiser on Friday night, Rod Patison's Titans NYC outfit will be searching for their seventh straight win after storming into eighth spot on the ladder with a mid-season charge.

To view the full story and both Titans NRL and NYC squads go to:

http://www.titans.com.au/default.asp...splay&id=28042

TITANS V DRAGONS
    7.35pm, Friday, July 23
    WIN Jubilee Stadium

1 Preston Campbell
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Steve Michaels
    4 Clinton Toopi
    5 William Zillman
    6 Mat Rogers
    7 Scott Prince
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Nathan Friend
    10 Michael Henderson
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Bodene Thompson
    Interchange
    14 Matthew White
    15 Brad Meyers
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Luke O’Dwyer
    19 Shannon Walker
    Coach John Cartwright

TITANS NYC v DRAGONS NYC
    1 Japeth Vaoa
    2 Lachlan Creighton
    3 Alec Jones
    4 Dominic Walsh
    5 Ryan Tongia
    6 Jordan Rankin
    7 Cody Walker
    8 Josh Coyle
    9 Matt Srama
    10 Jarrod Wallace
    11 Kurt Foggo
    12 Ryan James
    13 Jamie Dowling
    Interchange
    14 Jesse Malcolm
    15 Luke Page
    16 Ayden Lee
    17 Stirling Siejka
    18 Matt Arvier
    19 Jack Clark
    20 Danny Kerr
    Coach: Rod Patison

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Rogers at 6 is interesting. Definitely an effort to keep Preston out of the action, not that he'd shirk the defensive workload and action.

Preston has been electric for us at 1.

I would still have put him at 6 personally, and give Zillman 1 where I think he would better excell.

Can't see Shannon pushing out Toopi and Michaels. They have earnt a go too. Although Shannon surely has put in the years. The other two weren't Titans last year.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    carty never learns does he, stop picking guys like white and herderson, there are better players that we have, berdie,cannings and also where is esi tonga? id prefer him over steve michaels anyday, walker is 18th man which tells me he wont be playing:boo:
    You are kidding right? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not saying you shouldn't have one, but you really are clueless. Henderson has been playing pretty well for us lately and Cannings has been average at best in the Qcup. you keep calling for a Cannigs recall and I too am a fan of his, but the truth is he has not bounced back well fro injury yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Ridge for James is interesting.
    IMO James has been going well and Ridge has been only solid in QCup.

I also can not see how Walker will get a run this week.

Junior Titan

I will hold my tongue until Michaels Plays.

i would of thought there would have been better options.
    Cant really hurt to give him a go. (hurt much)

Hopefully the new-look back line will spark something that's been missing in recent weeks.
    I saw Walker play for Tweed Heads on Saturday... he was awesome. The opposition could hardly contain him. I was hoping that he would be thrown in at fullback if Campbell moved to five-eigth.
    It will be interesting to see Michaels play his first match in Titans colours. He had some good games for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    You are kidding right? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not saying you shouldn't have one, but you really are clueless. Henderson has been playing pretty well for us lately and Cannings has been average at best in the Qcup. you keep calling for a Cannigs recall and I too am a fan of his, but the truth is he has not bounced back well fro injury yet.
    Iv'e gotta agree with u mate, i'm a huge fan of Bubba Cannings but he's too far off the pace for the NRL at the moment & i think Hendo has been playing as good if not better than Bails.

Interesting choice of picking Ridge over James , Ryan has been playing well but i think Ben is a far more defensive player so that may be Cartys reason for the change.

I would prefer Rogers in the centres but maybe he's there to contain Soward & shut his kicking game down & switch with Presto in attack .

Steve Michaels has been given an easy job 1st up for us by marking Gaz & Cooper ...this will make of break him & i'm hoping for a huge comeback from the kid
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    but that game against the bulldogs, despite having crap qld cup form, basically saved our skins that night, also i think hendo has been getting better... but he still makes too many damn mistakes like minnichello and white, but mini at least scores tries and makes a lot of metres to earn his keep, hendo was good before the leg break IMO

We need Preston at 6, there has to be another attacking option in the front line or defenses can target Prince all night.

What's the time frame on Tomane?

I would like to see Rogers and Toopie/Esi in the centers and run Micheals/Walker on the wing, too many questions regarding both for center or fullback
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    We need Preston at 6, there has to be another attacking option in the front line or defenses can target Prince all night.

What's the time frame on Tomane?

I would like to see Rogers and Toopie/Esi in the centers and run Micheals/Walker on the wing, too many questions regarding both for center or fullback
    I think it was mentioned in the commentary for the Broncos game that Tomane was out for the season.

The more I look at that side the more it confuses me.

We are playing a Dally M 5/8 at fullback
    A duel international Winger at 5/8
    A winger at center
    A fullback at winger

Yeah that should work
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I think it was mentioned in the commentary for the Broncos game that Tomane was out for the season.
    Ouch

That's gonna hurt