Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

There are a number of options for 5/8. I reckon carty may try zillman at 5/8, with tonga, mead and tomane coming back in to the backline with toopi, michaels and Gordon there are a lot of first grade quality outside backs. Could be interesting. Bird is an option but we have seen that he is a monster in the pack and we should increase the quality in the pack and across the board by playing him there. It will be interesting to see how we line-up next season with the youngsters coming through. I'm not excited by capewells possible signature, there are a lot of possibilities with our current roster and we should consolidate after our premiership win.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

According to today's paper we have offered Capewell a contract.

sigh
    wat a waste of money

I think the same was said about steve michaels. I'm happy to wait and see but our recruiters have an excellent track record and I'll back whatever they do until they get it wrong. Who would be our worst ever recruit? Ben Jeffrey?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I think the same was said about steve michaels. I'm happy to wait and see but our recruiters have an excellent track record and I'll back whatever they do until they get it wrong. Who would be our worst ever recruit? Ben Jeffrey?
    carty has a good nick like bellamy and bennett to transform players so keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    According to today's paper we have offered Capewell a contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    carty has a good nick like bellamy and bennett to transform players so keep that in mind
    I'm my even that sure that Capewell needs much more than belief and opportunity. He's a good young player and is still developing. The squads shape will obviously morph in the next 2 or 3 years with the age of some of our star players. Capewell will be one of many trying to make the step up to being a force in first grade.

no thanks, we can buy better
    You need to make up your mind mate..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    You need to make up your mind mate..
    i contradict myself sometimes steve michaels showed me that carty knows what he's getting himself into

ben jeffery did alright for us. him n prince had that pet play where early in the tackle jump, he would kick across for him. scored every time.
    that paea guy wasnt anything speical.

Capewell is a great signing, he is not a master of any position but can play alot of positions well. Good utility back that the Titans will need sometime next year i have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    ben jeffery did alright for us. him n prince had that pet play where early in the tackle jump, he would kick across for him. scored every time.
    that paea guy wasnt anything speical.
    Mate i think like Ben u drink too much
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior Titan

Kris Kahler without a shadow of a doubt.

Ben Jeffery a close second with Lelea Paea rounding out the medals.

Honourable mention to Smith Samau, and not to forget Richie Mathers and Steve Turner. At least the others turned up and stayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

no jake webster was a huge disappointment

Titans re-sign Gordon, Thompson
    | September 16th, 2010

THE Gold Coast Titans have given a glimpse into their future plans by today re-signing rising stars Kevin Gordon and Bodene Thompson to long-term deals.

Winger Gordon has inked a new four-year deal that will see him remain at the club until the end of the 2014 season while versatile forward Thompson has signed until the end of 2013 with an option for the 2014 season.

Northern NSW junior Gordon and Keebra Park product Thompson are both graduates from the Titans under-20s side.

Titans boss Michael Searle said it was significant that both had made a long-term commitment, with Gordon just 20 and Thompson 21.

''It excites me that both these talented local youngsters have agreed to make a long-term commitment to not only the Titans but the city of the Gold Coast,'' said Searle.

''I've no doubt they would have attracted significant interest from other NRL clubs so the fact they have chosen to stay loyal to the Gold Coast says something great about what we are building here at the Titans.''

Gordon has played 48 NRL games since making his debut in 2009 while Thompson has notched 19 first grade appearances to his name, 16 of those this season.

Titans coach John Cartwright said it had been satisfying watching the progress both had made over the past two years.

''Kevin and Bodene have worked hard on different aspects of the game and it's been pleasing to witness their development into regular first-grade players over the past 18 months,'' said Cartwright.

''I'm sure both have their best football in front of them and its great that they will be able to continue their development at the club where they started their careers.''

Thompson said he was pleased to secure his long-term future at the club.

''It's good to have some security here over the next few years at the Titans,'' said Thompson.

''The club has been good to me throughout the long time that I've been here so it was pretty easy to make a decision.

''The Gold Coast is a great place to live.''
    #itaintweaktospeak

Fantastic news for the club & well done for Bodene who only signed a short term contract before now & has earned a nice pay rise , he will be a future Superstar !
    #itaintweaktospeak